If you’re looking for the best Veterinary quotes, keep reading.
You can enjoy reading and sharing these veterinary quotes with others.
Furthermore, we have also talked about veterinarians and how to become one.
You may also enjoy reading these related posts:
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
Who is a Veterinarian?
Veterinarians are professionals who specialize in treating animals.
They are responsible for diagnosing and treating the disease by prescribing medicine.
Veterinarians also play a crucial role in handling animal injuries and performing surgeries.
In addition, vets also offer preventive care, including vaccinations.
Veterinarians can work with various animals, including livestock, pets, wildlife, and zoo animals.
How to Become a Veterinarian
To become a vet, it is essential to undergo extensive education and training programs.
First, you need to complete a four-year undergraduate degree.
The related fields include biology and animal science.
The undergraduate degree is followed by a 4-year Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program.
In a DVM program, the students study the following courses:
- Other relevant sciences
Different Types of Specializations
Listed below are the fields in which a veterinarian can specialize:
Small Animal Medicine
This is a field of specialization where veterinarians specialize in treating small animals.
Usually, these animals are pets, including cats, dogs, and other small mammals.
Large Animal Medicine
Veterinarians specializing in this field work with large animals.
These include livestock like cattle, sheep, and horses.
Exotic Animal Medicine
This specialization prepares veterinarians to treat exotic animals that are non-traditional.
For instance, the most popular exotic animals include birds, reptiles, and small mammals.
After completing a specialization in wildlife medicine, vets can work with wildlife.
These vets can also treat wild animals in captivity, such as in zoos or rehabilitation centers.
As the name suggests, surgery veterinarians are certified to perform animal surgical procedures.
These range from neuter surgeries to other severe procedures.
Why Veterinary Professionals are so Important
The professionals who gain a degree in veterinary sciences can play a critical role in caring for animals.
Veterinarians can prevent and treat the injuries and illnesses of all types of animals.
Vets also play a critical role in promoting pet ownership with responsibility.
Veterinarians can also prevent the spread of viral diseases from animals to humans.
Top 10 Veterinary Quotes
Here are our top 10 quotes you would like to read about Veterinary.
1. “For some, being a vet was a means to make a living.” — Steven James
2. “Vets also need to show a passion for helping animals.” — Josh Hestermann
3. “I think to be a good veterinarian, you have to like people.” — Kevin Fitzgerald
4. “My dream was to be either a volleyball player or a veterinarian.” — Gisele Bundchen
5. “I really wanted to be a veterinarian, but I got a 410 on my math SATs.” — Meg Cabot
6. “I have always wanted to be either a cinematographer or a veterinarian.” — Christopher Bollen
7. “You’re just jealous of me because I’m a ballerina fairy princess veterinarian!” — Daniel Handler
8. “I wanted to be a veterinarian, but slipped up when I hit organic chemistry.” — Amy Hempel
9. “I wanted to be / A Veterinarian / To save this planet / And every living thing.” — Jonathan Boone
10. “Veterinarians have long been considered the guardians of animal welfare and health.” — Nadine Hamilton
Veterinary Quotes Showing Care
Following are the veterinary quotes that show an element of care.
11. “And my vet knows I love horses, so he gives them to me.” — Daryl Hannah
12. “When I was a child, I wanted to be a vet. I’d come home with “lost” kittens and dogs.” — Philippa Gregory
13. “I wanted to be a vet, a nurse, a chef – I mean, anything but the music industry. ” — Hillary Scott
14. “I wanted to be a vet when I was little, so it never really dawned on me that acting was my career; it sort of chose me more than I chose it.” — Jenna Ushkowitz
15. “I love to care for people, so I think I’d be a good vet. I always wanted to be a vet when I was little.” — Jennifer Love Hewitt
16. “My dad, Donald, was a vet and had a practice in Yorkshire. Cats and dogs were his bread and butter, but his greatest love was large animals.” — Alastair Campbell
“When I was younger, I wanted to be a vet or a tightrope walker. But I have no sense of balance, and I can’t bear animals dying, so I abandoned both ideas.” — Georgia May Jagger
18. “I was sure I wanted to grow up to be either a veterinarian or a writer. In fact, I worked for a vet during high school, doing everything from cleaning cages to assisting in surgery.” — K. A. Applegate
19. “There were always horses, dogs, and cats, as well as a revolving infirmary of injured wildlife being nursed by my sister, the aspiring vet.” — Julia Glass
20. “There’s a great metaphor that one of my doctors uses: If a fish is swimming in a dirty tank and it gets sick, do you take it to the vet and amputate the fin? No, you clean the water. ” — Kris Carr
Veterinary Quotes Based on Life Observation
Below veterinary quotes are based on real-life events and observations from different perspectives.
21. “If I had the science and math capabilities, I would have liked to be a vet, but I don’t! I don’t have those capabilities.” — Carol Kane
22. “I would have loved to have been science-minded enough to be in the caring profession – either as a doctor or nurse or vet.” — Sue Perkins
23. “I wanted to be a vet before I got into comedy, but then once I found out how much gore goes into that job, I wanted nothing to do with it.” — Brian Posehn
24. “I liked animals better than people. That’s one of the reasons I wanted to be a vet – then I found out that every pet had a person that owned ’em.” — Ted Yoho
25. “And I pretended once that I wanted to be a vet because one of the teachers asked me, and saying you want to be an actor sounded a little bit silly.” — Sophie Thompson
26. “I take my dog to the vet a lot because he’s old and sick, and I always step on the scale when I’m there.” — Barin Holtz
27. “Having given up on becoming a vet, [my father] settled for working with dead animals rather than live ones.” — David Lammy
28. “It’s hard to keep the romance going sometimes. Because you have a job. And you have children, and you have a house and a dog, and something leaks in the basement, and somebody has to take the dog to the vet… you’re exhausted.” — Julianne Moore
29. “No dog means no disgusting surprises on carpets…no hefty vet bills, no destruction of everything from eyeglasses to baseboards to legs of furniture, and no responsibility.” — Neil Macdonald
30. “You copy scripts; you pick up people’s dry cleaning, you take their dogs to the vet, you deliver packages, you do whatever they want you to do.” — Patrick Whitesell
Veterinary Quotes that are Nostalgic
Let’s check out these nostalgic veterinary quotes that relive the joy and wonder of childhood and the love we have for our lovely pets.
31. “Before I was going to be an actress, I was going to be a veterinarian!” — AnnaLynne McCord
32. “I love animals, and I was always attracted to the idea of being a zoo veterinarian or a veterinarian with the circus.” — Kay Redfield Jamison
33. “One of the reasons I chose Tufts is that they have one of the best veterinary schools in the country. Since I was six years old, I wanted to be a veterinarian.” — Tracy Chapman
34. “As a veterinarian and lover of animals, I feel the time is now to stop the practice of horse soring for good.” — Ted Yoho
35. “First, I wanted to be a veterinarian. And then I realized you had to give them shots to put them to sleep…” — Paris Hilton
36. “I had bold notions sometime in my childhood that I wanted to be a veterinarian… I wasn’t sure I’d ever do it.” — Drew Gilpin Faust
37. “There was a point in my life where I either wanted to be an astronaut, an actor, a veterinarian, or a pirate.” — Emily Bett Rickards
38. “I was always interested in animals, but when I was little, animal behavior was still a new science.” — Isabella Rossellini
39. “Then I wanted to be a veterinarian. But by the age of ten or eleven, when I opened my mouth and said, ‘Oh, God, what’s this?’” — Whitney Houston
40. “If you present your dog to a veterinarian with the instruction to put him to sleep, you would normally mean something very different than you would upon taking your wife or husband to an anesthesiologist with the same words.” — Raymond Moody
Some More Veterinary Quotes
Here are some more veterinary quotes you like reading and sharing with your loved ones.
41. “I was a pretty independent kid. I thought maybe I’d be a veterinarian or an environmental lawyer.” — Mark Parker
42. “I wanted to be a veterinarian until I saw a video of a vet performing surgery on a dog. Then I decided I wanted to be a pianist.” — Amy Lee
43. “If I could stomach the awful part of being a veterinarian, which involves sticking your hand up animals’ behinds, I would be a vet.” — Allison Janney
44. “I dressed up as a veterinarian for a Halloween costume party. I had the lab coat; I got a couple of stuffed animals for patients and put bandages on them.” — Tracy Chapman
45. “When I was young, I’d fight everyone who insisted I’d be an actress. I’d say, ‘No way. I’m going to be a veterinarian.’” — Ireland Baldwin
46. “That said, I was also a veterinarian before I sold my first book, and I still volunteer my time to help with animal welfare causes.” — James Rollins
47. “There was a brief period of time when I was very young where I thought I wanted to be a veterinarian – largely because I liked cats.” — Marie Brennan
48. “I don’t know what makes a writer’s voice… It’s an ability, like anything else, being a doctor or a veterinarian, or a musician.” — Paula Fox
49. “I wanted to be a veterinarian and go to school in Boston. It didn’t quite work out that way, and I ended up joining the Navy as a suggestion from my big brother.” — Sunita Williams
50. “My mom was a rescue veterinarian, and I grew up helping her nurse injured animals back to health.” — Johnny Iuzzini
Which One of these Veterinary Quotes is your Favorite?
The collection of veterinary quotes listed above is unique, relevant, and authentic.
Hence, you can share them via your social media without any hesitation.
We have tried to offer you the best possible experience when going through our list of veterinary quotes.
If you have found one, do share it with us.
For this purpose, you can make use of our comments section.
We would love to hear from you.