Fans of Jim Carrey will enjoy these Truman Show quotes!
The Truman Show is a movie that was released in 1998 and stars Jim Carrey, Laura Linney, Noah Emmerich, and Ed Harris, among others.
The movie is a psychological drama that is directed by Peter Weir and written by Andrew Niccol.
You might also like these related articles:
The Truman Show received great scores from critics and the audience alike and grossed over $264 million at the box office against a $60 million budget.
The movie’s plot follows a man named Truman Burbank, who was born from an unwanted pregnancy and was adopted by a television studio.
Unbeknown to Truman, his entire life has been lived and recorded on a reality television show as the “set” of his life is inside an enormous dome.
Truman interacts with others, but he doesn’t know that they are actors and crew members.
Take a look at these Truman Show quotes to learn more about the popular movie.
The Best Truman Show Quotes
Check out some of the best Truman Show quotes.
1. “It’s a life.” — Christof
2. “What else is on?” — Viewer
3. “That one’s for free.” — Truman
4. “I think I’d like a little company.” — Truman
5. “You never had a camera in my head.” — Truman
6. “Somebody, help me. I’m being spontaneous!” — Truman
7. “You were real. That’s what made you so good to watch.” — Christof
8. “We can’t let him die in front of a live audience!” — Network Executive
9. “You can’t get any further away before you start coming back.” — Truman
10. “One point seven billion were there for his birth. 220 countries tuned in for his first step.” — TV Host
Truman Show Quotes From Truman
Here are Truman Show quotes from the main character, Truman.
11. “Was nothing real?” — Truman
12. “I like your pin. I was wondering about that myself.” — Truman
13. “I’d like to be an explorer like the great Magellan.” — Truman
14. “You’re going to the top of the mountain, broken legs and all.” — Truman
15. “Blocked at every turn. Beautifully synchronized, don’t you agree?” — Truman
16. “Can you tell her I had to go to Fiji and that I’ll call her when I get there?” — Truman
17. “Good morning, and in case I don’t see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!” — Truman
Truman Show Quotes From Other Characters
Take a look at these Truman Show quotes from other characters.
18. “You’re welcome, Truman.” — Police Officer
19. “Nothing you see on this show is fake. It’s merely controlled.” — Marlon
20. “And of course, all of it is available in the Truman catalog.” — Interviewer
21. “The point is, I would gladly step in front of traffic for you, Truman.” — Marlon
22. “Do you know that there’s a rumor circulating that he’s dead? Do you hear me?” — Network Executive
23. “Incidentally, I believe Truman is the first child to have been legally adopted by a corporation?” — Mike Michaelson
24. “I’ve been your best friend since we were seven years old, Truman . . . You’re the closest thing I ever had to a brother. . .” — Marlon
25. “And as he grew, so did technology. An entire human life – recorded on an intricate network of hidden cameras and broadcasted live and uninterrupted 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to an audience around the globe.” — TV Host
What Happens to Truman?
As the 30th anniversary of the show approaches, Truman has begun to notice some things that are out of place.
He finally attempts to escape, and although he is warned about the dangers of the “real” world, he exits the studio to live his life.
Please share these Truman Show quotes with others by clicking the share button!