Vin Scully quotes are extremely popular among baseball fans.
This article will help you find the best quotes from Vin Scully that are interesting and inspirational.
Apart from this, the section below discusses Vin Scully, his career, and various other aspects associated with him.
If interested, please continue reading!
You might also like these related articles:
Who was Vin Scully
Vin Scully was a famous American sportscaster (baseball broadcaster).
He is a true icon of the industry.
His unmatched storytelling abilities and impressive voice made him a popular figure.
His career spanned over a generation of baseball players.
He stands among the top commentators who changed the way people used to watch and listen to the sport.
Scully was born in the Bronx, New York, on November 29, 1927.
He developed a passion for sports since childhood.
This sparked his love for broadcasting, which ultimately became his lifelong career.
Initially, he started broadcasting baseball and football games at the college level.
His enthusiasm and natural talent soon captured the attention of industry professionals.
The Art of Storytelling
Scully’s ability to weave stories set him apart.
His broadcasts were more than commentary, as he also introduced poetic narratives.
Apart from this, his broadcastings were magical, offering the following additional perks:
- Sharing historical anecdotes
- Offering personal insights
- Remarkable description of the scenes on the field
An Impressive Era of Broadcasting
During his long and impressive career, Scully narrated some of the most iconic and memorable baseball moments.
His voice turned out to be inseparable from the historic event associated with baseball games.
Through his words, he elaborated on the true significance of each game.
He was also loved by the players, who used to seek motivation through his expressive insights.
Scully is known for his association with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
This partnership lasted for a whopping 67 years.
He became a part of Dodger’s broadcasting team in 1950.
At that time, the team was still based in Brooklyn.
He was with the Dodgers when they moved to Los Angeles in 1958.
After years of partnering with the Dodgers, Scully’s voice became synonymous with the team.
In other words, Scully became an integral part of the team.
Top 5 Vin Scully Quotes
These are top Vin Scully quotes that show many aspects of his personality.
1. “You can almost taste the pressure now.” — Vin Scully
2. “Good is not good when better is expected.” — Vin Scully
3. “Losing feels worse than winning feels good.” — Vin Scully
4. “A man really determines himself by what he does.” — Vin Scully
5. “It’s a great time of the year… if you can stand it.” — Vin Scully
Vin Scully Quotes On Resilience and the Power of Connection
Discover Vin Scully’s insights into resilience and the enduring bonds that connect us through his memorable quotes.
6. “Be a bobbed cork: When you are pushed down, bob up.” — Vin Scully
7. “Don’t let the winds blow your dreams away… or steal your faith in God.” — Vin Scully
8. “It’s a wonderful feeling being a bridge to the past and uniting generations.” — Vin Scully
9. “The roar of the crowd has always been the sweetest music. It’s intoxicating.” — Vin Scully
10. “I’m going to sit back, light up, and hope I don’t chew the cigarette to pieces.” — Vin Scully
Vin Scully Quotes On Strategy, Identity, and the Art of Commentary
Let’s explore Vin Scully’s wisdom on sports strategy, personal identity, and the artistry of commentary through the following quotes.
11. “It’s easier to pick off a fast runner than to pick off a lazy runner.” — Vin Scully
12. “I’m not a military general, a business guru, not a philosopher or author. It’s only me.” — Vin Scully
13. “Thank you for sneaking your transistor under the pillow as you grew up loving the Tigers. God has a new adventure for me.” — Vin Scully
14. “In all honesty, once you become a professional, number one, you’re no longer a fan. I don’t root for the Dodgers, really. I just try to do the game as best I can. And the winning and the losing will take care of itself.” — Vin Scully
15. “The game is just one long conversation, and I’m anticipating that, and I will say things like ‘Did you know that?’ or ‘You’re probably wondering why.’ I’m really just conversing rather than just doing play-by-play. I never thought of myself as having a style. I don’t use keywords. And the best thing I do? I shut up.” — Vin Scully
Vin Scully Quotes About Himself
These quotes from Vin Scully are about himself. So you will know better about Vin Scully as you read these quotes.
16. “I guess my thermometer for my baseball fever is still a goosebump.” — Vin Scully
17. “I’ve told several writers this, and, again, I get back to it, but if you want to make God smile, tell him your plans.” — Vin Scully
18. “One of my favorite expressions ever uttered by a player is Roy Campanella’s line about how, in order to be a major-league player, you have to have a lot of little boy in you.” — Vin Scully
19. “If I can get a story about a player, I would give you a shipload of numbers, batting averages, and all just for that one precious story. That’s the kind of thing that I love to do.” — Vin Scully
20. “If I categorized home runs that I’ve seen, without a doubt, the monumental one is Henry’s… but I’ve seen a lot of classic, great home runs. Gibson’s was probably the most theatrical home run I’ve ever seen.” — Vin Scully
Vin Scully’s Quotes About His Experiences
Everybody has his own experiences. Here in these quotes, Vin Scully shares his own experiences with us.
21. “I don’t like to be alone, but I do cherish the moments that I’m alone with a good book.” — Vin Scully
22. “That really is my trademark. Day to day, week in, week out. If something happens and the crowd roars, I shut up.” — Vin Scully
23. “When I was very small, maybe 8 years old, we had a big radio that stood on four legs, and it had a cross piece underneath it, and I used to take a pillow and crawl under the radio.” — Vin Scully
24. “I try to call the play as quickly as I possibly can and then shut up and let the crowd roar because, to me, the crowd is the most wonderful thing in the whole world when it’s making noise.” — Vin Scully
25. “I think when I first started, I tried to make believe I was in the ballpark, sitting next to somebody and just talking. And if you go to a ballgame, and you sit there, you’re not going to talk pitches for three hours.” — Vin Scully
Which of these Vin Scully Quotes is your Favorite?
We hope you enjoyed going through our expansive list of Vin Scully quotes.
These quotes are worth sharing via social media platforms.
We have tried to include the most authentic and relevant Vin Scully quotes.
Most of the quotes are motivational, allowing you to stay committed to your goals.
You won’t have any trouble finding a quote that inspires you the most.
If you have found one, share it with us via the comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.