Check out these Voddie Baucham quotes from a man that spends his life spreading the gospel.
Voddie T. Baucham, Jr. was born in Los Angeles, CA in 1969.
He is a loving husband, father, grandfather, pastor, professor, and author. He currently serves in Lusaka, Zambia, as the Dean of the School of Divinity at African Christian University.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Baucham is well known for relating biblical teaching to everyday living and identifying with tough upbringings due to his own life experiences.
He first heard the gospel while in college, where he played as a Tight End in football, and after hearing the gospel, he transferred to Houston Baptist University.
Besides his time spent preaching and teaching, he consistently practices the martial art of Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Take a few moments to read these Voddie Baucham quotes and learn more about the man.
Best Voddie Baucham
Here are some of the best quotes by the American minister.
1. “Folks, if we could lose our salvation, we would.” — Voddie Baucham
2. “Justice is the righteous application of the law of God.” — Voddie Baucham
3. “Guilt comes from within. Shame comes from without.” — Voddie Baucham
4. “If a person doesn’t love the church, they don’t love Jesus.” — Voddie Baucham
5. “He is the Sovereign of all sovereigns. He has all authority.” — Voddie Baucham
6. “If you deal with shame without guilt, your problem is the fear of man.” — Voddie Baucham
7. “We mustn’t live like those with “little faith” who compromise for the sake of food and clothing.” — Voddie Baucham
8. “It has been said that as goes the family, so goes the world. It can also be said that as goes the father, so goes the family.” — Voddie Baucham
9. “The greatest source of security our children have in this world is a God-honoring, Christ-centered marriage between their parents.” — Voddie Baucham
10. “First, refusing to forgive is to put ourselves in the place of God, as though vengeance were our prerogative, not his. Second, unforgiveness says God’s wrath is insufficient.” — Voddie Baucham
Voddie Baucham Quotes About Family
Whether about marriage, children, or parenting, Baucham talks about family often.
11. “Our goal as parents must not be limited by our own vision.” — Voddie Baucham
12. “The key is to understand that our children don’t belong to us—they belong to God.” — Voddie Baucham
13. “There are some things a man simply must be before he is qualified to assume the role of a Christian husband.” — Voddie Baucham
14. “We cannot continue to send our children to Caesar for their education and be surprised when they come home as Romans.” — Voddie Baucham
15. “Discipling our children is not about teaching them to behave in a way that won’t embarrass us. We’re working toward something much more important than that.” — Voddie Baucham
16. “If you want to be a godly head of a family, you must ensure that there is Christian harmony among those under you, appropriate for a house where the leader fears God.” — Voddie Baucham
17. “Modern American dating is no more than glorified divorce practice. Young people are learning how to give themselves away in exclusive, romantic, highly committed (at times sexual) relationships, only to break up and do it all over again.” — Voddie Baucham
Voddie Baucham Quotes to Inspire You
Take a look at these inspirational quotes from Voddie Baucham.
18. “What we do matters. And not every job is a good job.” — Voddie Baucham
19. “If we refuse to forgive, we have stepped into dangerous waters.” — Voddie Baucham
20. “The center and the core of the Gospel is what God has done. Not what I have done.” — Voddie Baucham
21. “It has been said that as goes the family, so goes the world. It can also be said that as goes the father, so goes the family.” — Voddie Baucham
22. “It is one thing for me to claim that God has changed me; it is quite another for those around me to acknowledge that I have truly changed.” — Voddie Baucham
23. “The question is not whether or not our children sin later in life. The question is, do we have a biblical obligation to train them before they leave home?” — Voddie Baucham
24. “Finally, it is my prayer that these truths will cause men to seek reformation. Revival changes the affections, but reformation changes our course.” — Voddie Baucham
25. “If Psalm 1 is to be believed, we must not allow our children to stand, sit or walk with those who deny biblical truth and morality. Instead, we must place them in situations that will aid them in meditating on the law of the Lord day and night.’” — Voddie Baucham
Voddie Baucham’s Career
After graduating from Houston Baptist University, Baucham obtained numerous other degrees and founded Voddie Baucham Ministries in 1993.
After serving as the head pastor of Grace Family Baptist Church in Spring, Texas, Baucham accepted the position of Dean of the Seminary at African Christian University in Zambia.
Please share these Voddie Baucham quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about Voddie in the comment section below.