These evolution quotes show the many sides of evolution theories in life.
When it comes to evolution, there are people that believe the theory and those that don’t.
However, there’s no denying that things in life evolve.
Whether you believe in the science of evolution or not, you’ve likely evolved in your life from the knowledge that you have to the skills that you’ve developed.
Evolution throughout life is what keeps us growing and developing.
We wouldn’t reach our potentials if we didn’t continue to evolve.
The evolution quotes below speak to both sides of the theories along with the ways evolution plays a role in our daily lives.
Evolution quotes about knowledge
1. “I’m always trying to evolve and I’m always trying to learn new things. the mind is the most powerful weapon you have.” – Myles Jury
2. “Life is all about evolution. What looks like a mistake to others has been a milestone in my life. Even if people have betrayed me, even if my heart was broken, even if people misunderstood or judged me, I have learned from these incidents. We are human and we make mistakes, but learning from them is what makes the difference.” – Amisha Patel
3. “Optimism is the most important human trait because it allows us to evolve our ideas, to improve our situation and to hope for a better tomorrow.” – Seth Godin
4. “We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.” – Bill Hicks
5. “Unless you continually work, evolve and innovate, you’ll learn a quick and painful lesson from someone who has.” – Cael Sanderson
6. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
7. “I’m a big believer in evolution, growth, and in being the best you that you can be, and I feel like the first step to doing that is getting mentally healthy.” – Charlamagne tha God
8. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
Evolution quotes on how we change through life
9. “Each one of us has our own evolution of life, and each one of us goes through different tests which are unique and challenging. But certain things are common. And we do learn things from each other’s experiences. On a spiritual journey, we all have the same destination.” – A.R. Rahman
10. “She understood that the hardest times in life to go through were when you were transitioning from one version of yourself to another.” – Sarah Addison Allen
11. “Our greatest human adventure is the evolution of consciousness. We are in this life to enlarge the soul, liberate the spirit, and light up the brain.” – Tom Robbins
12. “Things change all the time, and they’ll probably never be the same again. It’s just the natural evolution of the human condition. Things change, and whatever it is what it is. I mean, you try to start second-guessing that, you either get rich or die broke.” – Guy Clark
13. “Nothing will stifle your human evolution more than fame and fortune.” – Patti Smith
14. “Evolve into the complete person you were intended to be.” – Oprah Winfrey
15. “A woman has many faces as she goes through her life. It’s like we need more than one hair-do. We have many, many changes in the evolution of our lives. We have, we learn, and we grow; we view life differently, and life views us differently.” – Sharon Stone
16. “I learned a long time ago that some people would rather die than forgive. It’s a strange truth, but forgiveness is a painful and difficult process. It’s not something that happens overnight. It’s an evolution of the heart.” – Sue Monk Kidd
Evolution quotes about adapting
17. “The point of human evolution is adapting to circumstances. Not letting go of the old, but adapting it, is necessary.” – Sonali Bendre
18. “The evolution of man is the evolution of his consciousness, and consciousness cannot evolve unconsciously. The evolution of man is the evolution of his will, and will cannot evolve involuntarily.” – G.I. Gurdjieff
19. “Look around you. Everything changes. everything on this earth is in a continuous state of evolving, refining, improving, adapting, enhancing, and changing. You were not put on this earth to remain stagnant.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
20. “You have to look at history as an evolution of society.” – Jean Chretien
21. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” – Milton Berle
22. “Time to eliminate things that no longer evolve me.” – Erykah Badu
23. “Change and growth are so painful. But it’s so necessary for us to evolve.” – Sarah McLachlan
24. “I was taught that the human brain was the crowning glory of evolution so far, but I think it’s a very poor scheme for survival.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Evolution quotes about science and faith
25. “Evolution is the fundamental idea in all of life science – in all of biology.” – Bill Nye
26. “I am not a creationist as the term is usually understood. I believe that the earth is billions of years old and the universe even older. I do believe that God is the creator, but that’s a completely different thing. I’ve written in defense of evolution and made arguments that are based on evolution.” – Dinesh D’Souza
27. “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
28. “I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also.” – John McCain
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of John McCain quotes about character, America and more.
29. “Evolution isn’t true, because if we evolved from monkeys, how can they still be here?” – Stephen Baldwin
30. “Evolution and creationism both require faith. It’s just a matter of where you choose to place that faith.” – Ben Carson
31. “Spiritual evolution should make the infinite not more distant, but more intimate.” – Ernest Holmes
32. “Based on the Bible, I believe that all the land animals were made on day six, and Adam and Eve were made on day six, and people try to make fun of us for believing that dinosaurs lived with people, but there are a lot of animals living today that evolution says lived with dinosaurs.” – Ken Ham
More evolution quotes
33. “We’re in the midst of an evolution, not a revolution.” – James Levine
34. “There are no shortcuts in evolution.” – Louis D. Brandeis
35. “Man must evolve from human conflict to a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. the foundation of such a method is love.” – Martin Luther King Jr
36. “With evolution, things are always changing, so I sort of think: should we all be growing three heads?” – Karl Pilkington
37. “I think football reflects our society. Our society changes. The evolution of society dictates the evolution of the game.” – Patrick Vieira
38. “Continue to grow and evolve.” – Mahatma Gandhi
39. “It is through science that we understand the world around us, and by understanding the world around us, we not only contribute to ourselves, our family, to our communities, etc. – you also contribute to the basic development and evolution of humanity.” – Rusty Schweickart
40. “You cannot evolve unless you are willing to change.” – Leon Brown
41. “It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” – Leon C. Megginson
42. “The first step in the evolution of ethics is a sense of solidarity with other human beings.” – Albert Schweitzer
43. “We will not find the inner strength to evolve to a higher level if we do not inwardly develop this profound feeling that there is something higher than ourselves.” – Rudolf Steiner
44. “You actually evolve faster when you look to uplift, rather than judge those who seem to be struggling in life.” – Russel Simmonds
45. “Getting lost is not a waste of time. To travel is to evolve.” – Pierre Bernard
Insightful Evolution Quotes By Evolutionary Scientists and Biologists.
46. “Evolution of mankind is paralleled by the increase and expansion of consciousness.”
— Albert Hofmann
47. “The theory of evolution is quite rightly called the greatest unifying theory in biology.” — Ernst Mayr
48. “Evolution is amazingly versatile in adapting the materials at hand to other uses.” — George Gaylord Simpson
49. “Seeking to populate this otherwise sterile universe with living creatures, God chose the elegant mechanism of evolution to create microbes, plants, and animals of all sorts.” — Francis Collins
50. “Nevertheless, I take it as now self-evident, requiring no further special discussion, that evolution and true religion are compatible.” — George Gaylord Simpson
51. “Evolution, a fact rather than a mere hypothesis, is the central unifying concept in biology. By extension, it affects almost all other fields of knowledge and thought and must be considered one of the most influential concepts in Western thought.”— Douglas J. Futuyma
52. “The environment selects those few mutations that enhance survival, resulting in a series of slow transformations of one lifeform into another, the origin of a new species.” — Carl Sagan
53. “We must therefore carefully distinguish between two quite different doctrines which Darwin popularised, the doctrine of evolution, and that of natural selection. It is quite possible to hold the first and not the second.” — J. B. S. Haldane
54. “We cannot expect to explain cellular evolution if we stay locked into the classical Darwinian mode of thinking.” — Carl Woese
55. “The strange thing about the theory of evolution is that everyone thinks he understands it. But we do not. —Stuart Kauffman
Evolution Quotes And Sayings To Inspire Some Thought
56. “In ourselves, we harbor the intuition of another evolution, of other possibilities of life.” — Abdellatif Laabi
57. “The moral improvement demands an evolution leading to a higher consciousness.” — African Spir
58. “My lover is experiencing reverse evolution.” — Aimee Bender
59. “…the emergent capabilities bursting forth from the revolutionary advances in the life sciences are about to make us the principal agent of evolution.” — Al Gore
60. “Optimization hinders evolution.” — Alan Perlis
61. “Evolution could so easily be disproved if just a single fossil turned up in the wrong date order. Evolution has passed this test with flying colours.” — Richard Dawkins
62. “Emphasis should be laid on the evolution of humanity.” — Alice Bailey
63. “We can truly see that consciousness is operating creatively even in biology, even in the evolution of species.” — Amit Goswami
64. “Where there is age there is evolution, where there is life there is growth.” — Anjelica Huston
65. “Whatever we are going through is part of the planetary struggle to evolve.” — Barbara Marx Hubbard
Evolution Quotes To Explain Growth and Development
66. “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.” — Eckhart Tolle
67. “I have been interested in phenomena involving complexity, diversity and evolution since I was a young boy.” — Murray Gell-Mann
68. “It is failure that guides evolution; perfection provides no incentive for improvement, and nothing is perfect.” — Colson Whitehead
69. “The worst censors are those prohibiting criticism of the theory of evolution in the classroom.” — Phyllis Schlafly
70. “A probing analysis of the problems of evolution forms the basis of my prose.” — Johannes V. Jensen
71. “The tide of evolution carries everything before it, thoughts no less than bodies, and persons no less than nations.” — George Santayana
72. “The theory of evolution is totally inadequate to explain the origin and manifestation of the inorganic world.” — John Ambrose Fleming
73. “Scientific knowledge is in perpetual evolution; it finds itself changed from one day to the next.” — Jean Piaget
74. “The human brain is still undergoing rapid adaptive evolution.” — Howard Hughes
75. “With the advent of genetic engineering the time required for the evolution of new species may literally collapse.” — Dee Hock
What did you learn from these evolution quotes?
Do you see the way that evolution has impacted your life?
Regardless of your beliefs around evolution as the start of humankind, everyone can acknowledge that the ability to evolve in life is a crucial one.
We’re able to see what works and what doesn’t and then continue adapting to do more of the things that work.
This is how we’re able to grow, develop, and evolve into the person that we want to be.
Adaptability plays an important role in our evolution.
It also helps us go after our goals.
If you’re unwilling to evolve, it will stop you from making that progress that you desire.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these evolution quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other insightful quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 8, 2022 6:00 AM EST