Take a look at these insightful healthcare quotes and remember that health is wealth!
The word healthcare means different things to different people.
Some folks might think of their insurance provider and access to medical services, others may think of their personal self-care; the health of their mental, spiritual, and physical well-being.
Some would see it as the maintenance or improvement of health via the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, amelioration, or cure of disease, illness, injury, and other physical and mental impairments in people.
You may also enjoy our article on:
With those varied definitions come varied opinions and practices.
Exposure to different opinions and perspectives allows us to increase our understanding.
Hopefully, these healthcare quotes from doctors, wellness experts, health consultants, health administrators, philosophers and great minds get you thinking.
As we mature as a species and continue to evolve our healthcare practices shall also improve.
Don’t forget to also check out these health quotes that will motivate you to make changes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Healthcare Quotes From the Wise
1. “Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.” – Hippocrates
2. “The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” – Voltaire
3. “Prevention is better than cure.” —Unknown
4. “Health is not valued till sickness comes.” – Thomas Fuller
5. “Helping those in need is not charity, it’s humanity.” – Abhijit Naskar
6. “Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings.” —Publilius Syrus
7. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” — Mahatma Gandhi
8. “No doctor knows everything. There’s a reason why it’s called “practicing” medicine.” – Anonymous
You will also enjoy our article on therapy quotes.
9. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” —Winston S. Churchill
10. “Good health shapes an expression of experiences.” – Arif Naseem
11. “Health and healthcare are not synonymous.” – Archelle Georgiou
12. “Cannabis is just way too healthy for a sick health care system” – Sebastian Marincolo
13. “America’s healthcare system is neither healthy, caring, nor a system.” – Walter Cronkite
14. “Exercise promotes positive self-image and good well-being.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
15. “Celebrities are not health experts.” – Abhijit Naskar
16. “Illness has a lot to teach wellness.” – Matt Haig
17. “The first wealth is health.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “Every single journey of your life starts with a healthy mind and a healthy journey” – Jitendra Attra
19. “It is hard to talk about a middle ground for something that is a fundamental right.” – Teri Reynolds
20. “There is no illness that is not exacerbated by stress.” – Allan Lokos
You will also enjoy our article on Florence Nightingale quotes.
Questioning Your Healthcare Quotes
21. “Teachers and nurses get the best seats in heaven.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
22. “The health care bill is nothing about health care- it’s about controlling the people.” – David Lincoln
23. “As grandmothers used to say, ‘Better to pay the grocer than the doctor” – Michael Pollan
24. “Modern allopathic medicine is the only major science stuck in the pre-Einstein era.” – Charlotte Gerson
25. “It is important that USA healthcare workers realize that New York City is a 5G wireless radiation hot zone.” – Steven Magee
26. “Healthy children will not fear life if their elders have integrity enough not to fear death.” – Erik H Erikson
You will also enjoy our article on social media quotes.
27. “It would not be possible to praise nurses too highly.” – Stephen Ambrose
28. “Births and cancer treatments are so expensive, it’s a luxury to live, a privilege to die.” – J. Andrew Schrecker
29. “The current system is broken. We need to move towards an era of disease prevention and personalized medicine.” – Emmanuel Fombu
30. “Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos – the trees, the clouds, everything.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
31. “Most people can afford healthcare and education in the age group when both these things are not relevant.” – D. S. Pandit
32. “The medicalization of American life from birth to death is killing our souls.” – Hattie Bryant
33. “Everyone deserves fair access to quality food, nutritional education,and adequate health care.” – Donna Maltz
34. “Having free healthcare is easy, just eliminate the health insurance companies.” – James Thomas Kesterson Jr
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of surgery quotes for a speedy recovery.
More Healthcare Quotes
35. “The aim of medicine is to prevent disease and prolong life; the ideal of medicine is to eliminate the need of a physician.” – William J. Mayo
36. “Politicians are interested in the health of the people like predators savor live prey.” – A.E. Samaan
37. “Health care and education are too important NOT to be left to the free market.” – Kevin D. Williamson
38. “The bad news is that our healthcare system does not provide any added values that come along with paying more.” – Kat Lahr
39. “The human body is a miraculous instrument that instinctively knows what it needs. Unfortunately, the human ego often drives us not to listen.” – Shawn Wells
40. “It is much more important to know what sort of patient has a disease than what sort of disease a patient has.” – William Osler
You will also enjoy our article on superhero quotes.
41. “The collective principle asserts that … no society can legitimately call itself civilized if a sick person is denied medical aid because of lack of means.” – Aneurin Bevan
42. “The more we see health as a practice rather than as a problem to fix, the more we encourage the body’s natural potential to be healthy.” – Aarti Patel
43. “I associate hospitals with florescent lights, radio frequency exposure and toxic air.” – Steven Magee
44. “It’s now so dysfunctional that I sometimes think the only solution is to blow the whole thing up.” – Glenn Melnick
45. “One of the main reasons for market failure in the U.S. healthcare industry is because we are uninformed consumers.” – Kat Lahr
46. “High-quality medication and swift access to treatment must be provided to all free of cost. There should be no difference in the treatment received by the high-powered and the weakest in the state.” – Shivanshu K. Srivastava
47. “Healthcare authorities neglect the role of psychological factors in pandemic related infection even though these factors are important for many reasons.” – Steven Taylor
48. “Any humane, modern society must provide a reliable, well-financed, state-of-the-art health system, which supports and promotes a prosperous and morally responsible society.” – Joseph Rain
49. “Here is the problem: Poor Americans consume too little healthcare, especially preventive healthcare. Other Americans—often rich Americans—consume too much healthcare, often unwisely, and sometimes to their detriment. The American healthcare system combines famine with gluttony.” – Otis Webb Brawley
50. “If there is one thing I’ve learned about hospitals, it’s that they aren’t interested in healing you. They are interested in stabilizing you, and then everyone is supposed to move on. They go to stabilize some more people, and you go off to do whatever you do. Healing, if it happens at all, is done on your own, long after the hospital has submitted your final insurance paperwork.” – Eric Nuzum
51. “Medicine is not only a science; it is also an art. It does not consist of compounding pills and plasters; it deals with the very processes of life, which must be understood before they may be guided.” – Paracelsus
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of health is wealth quotes to help prioritize being well.
Healthcare Quotes To Maintain Good Health
52. “Cheerfulness is the best promoter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body.” — Joseph Addison
53. “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.”
— Joyce Meyer
54. “He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything.” — Thomas Carlyle
55. “The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.” — Barack Obama
56. “Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.” — Anne Wilson Schaef
57. “Looking after my health today gives me a better hope for tomorrow.” — Anne Wilson Schaef
You will also enjoy our article on vaccine quotes.
58. “I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health.” — Voltaire
59. “Medicine sometimes snatches away health, sometimes gives it.” — Ovid
60. “A fit, healthy body — that is the best fashion statement.” — Jess C. Scott
61. “Happiness lies first of all in health.” — George William Curtis
You will also enjoy our article on chronic illness quotes.
Healthcare Quotes To Inspire You To Lead A Healthy Life
62. “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” — Robert Urich
63. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” — John F. Kennedy
64. “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” — William Londen
65. “If we can get people to focus on fruits and vegetables and more healthy foods, we’ll be better in terms of our healthcare situation.” — Tom Vilsack
66. “If you truly treat your body like a temple, it will serve you well for decades. If you abuse it, you must be prepared for poor health and a lack of energy.” – Oli Hille
67. “The man who earns a million, but destroys his health in the process is not really a success.” — Zig Ziglar
68. “Like education, healthcare also needs to be given importance.” — Shiv Nadar
69. “For many money is wealth, for me health is wealth.” — Invajy
70. “Mindfulness based self-care increases your self-awareness about your behavior, thoughts; physical and mental health issues.” — Invajy
71. “And I believe that the best buy in public health today must be a combination of regular physical exercise and a healthy diet.” — Julie Bishop
You will also enjoy our article on mental health quotes.
Health Care Quotes for an Advanced Health Care System
72. “Health care is a need; it’s not a commodity, and it should be distributed according to need. If you’re very sick, you should have a lot of it. If you’re not sick, you shouldn’t have a lot of it.” ― Marcia Angell
73. “Health care is very different from other sectors of the economy in several respects, one of which is the fact that the risk can be very high beyond people’s ability. That leads to insurance.” ― Joseph Stiglitz
74. “When I took on the drug companies and the insurance companies for universal health care coverage, they went after me with a vengeance.” ― Hillary Clinton
75. “Everybody is in various states of needing to transcend something. I believe in mental health care, but when we call people “crazy,” we exclude them from our circle.” ― John Darnielle
76. “In order to have good health care you need a patient and you need a health care provider.” ― Benjamin Carson
77. “The health care is going to be less money, and we’re going to have much better health care.” ― Donald Trump
78. “Our health care is rationed by wealth.” ― Noam Chomsky
79. “I became really interested in the community health care movement and community health centers, which Boston was sort of a leading center for.” ― Jill Stein
80. “We need human security: food, education, health care for our children.” ― Mairead Corrigan
81. “The people have an incentive to spend wisely. So the health care savings accounts are such a good thing. It’s such a good idea. And it’s time for it.” ― Donald Trump
You will also enjoy our article on healthy eating quotes.
Health Care Quotes To Prioritize You Health Measures
82. “When people take greater ownership of their own health care and are encouraged to do that in a health plan, their health gets better. They pursue more wellness opportunities.” — Mike Pence
83. “The real cure for what ails our health care system today is less government and more freedom.” — Steve Forbes
84. “Putin wants to stay in power, but not so that he can finally solve our most pressing problems: education, health care, poverty.” — Mikhail Gorbachev
85. “By giving every American access to quality, affordable health care, they will create a more competitive, a stronger and more secure America!” — Tom Allen
86. “Health care’s complicated, can be misrepresented, it’s personal, it can spark fear, it’s expensive, and the people who have got the money want to keep it.” — William J. Clinton
87. “People have been talking about competition among insurers, and what they really need to be talking about is competition in the delivery of health care as well.” — Angela Braly
88. “This [health care reform] cannot pass. What we have to do today is make a covenant, to slit our wrists, be blood brothers on this thing. This will not pass.” — Michele Bachmann
89. “I’m going to live long enough to live in an America that will assume universal health care is a basic right. That will be amusing and terrific.” — Anna Quindlen
90. “Broadly Americans agree that women need access to health care to prevent medical disasters and to prevent pregnancy.” — Sandra Fluke
91. “The wellness and prevention market will outgrow the health care market.” — Leroy Hood
You will also enjoy our article on walking quotes.
Health Care Quotes on Importance of Wellness and Healing
92. “The health care system is really designed to reward you for being unhealthy. If you are a healthy person and work hard to be healthy, there are no benefits.” ― Mike Huckabee
93. “I have relied on prayer for health care all of my life.” ― Henry Paulson
94. “I received free health care.” ― J. K. Rowling
95. “Because of the president’s leadership, every American will have access to affordable, quality health care.” ― Rahm Emanuel
96. “Every three seconds in the developing world, a child dies needlessly due to lack of basic health care and other things we all take for granted.” ― Claire Danes
97. “Medical professionals, not insurance company bureaucrats, should be making health care decisions.” ― Barbara Boxer
98. “People use so much more health care when they live longer.” ― Michael Bloomberg
99. “It’s absurd we remain the only major country on earth not to guarantee health care to all people and paid family and medical leave.” ― Bernie Sanders
100. “[Health-care system] is largely privatized and unregulated. So of course it’s highly inefficient and costly.” ― Noam Chomsky
101. “The patient is the nucleus of the health care system.” ― Paul Ryan
You will also enjoy our article on weight loss quotes.
What did you learn from these healthcare quotes?
Yes, our individual health starts with ourselves, but global healthcare is one of the most important issues facing humanity.
After all, it is understood that being free from illness impacts our lives and those around us.
While life expectancy rates, in general, have increased across planet earth, we still have many areas of improvement to work on.
There are still several countries on the planet where the average life expectancy is still less than 60 years old.
Old is a relative term.
At a certain point in life, we are as young or as old as we feel.
While some folks think about growing “old” into their eighties, there are whole countries of people who do not make it out of their fifties.
So while healthcare continues to improve, hopefully, we can create a planet where all human beings are at least guaranteed the maximum amount of healthy decades to enjoy.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these healthcare quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
February 1, 2023 5:00 AM EST