Fans of The Lord of the Rings will love these Arwen quotes!
Arwen Undomiel is a pivotal character from The Lord of the Rings.
She is a fictional elf that author J.R.R. Tolkien created for his Middle-Earth legendarium.
Arwen is a half-elven beautiful daughter of the Lord of Rivendell.
As a half-elf, Arwen is immortal and is granted to live in the beautiful Elven Undying Lands.
However, Arwen gives up these gifts as she chooses to marry Aragorn, who will become the King of Arnor and Gondor.
Arwen may not marry Aragorn until he claims his kingdom, but once he does, they live many happy years together and have a son named Eldarion and two unnamed daughters.
After Aragorn passes away, Arwen is ready to die, and no longer having immortality, she passes away the following year at the age of 2,901 years old.
Take a look at these Arwen quotes to learn more about this pivotal character.
The Best Arwen Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes by Arwen
1. “Why do you fear the past?” — Arwen
2. “I am Arwen- I’ve come to help.” — Arwen
3. “If you want him, come and claim him.” — Arwen
4. “You must go with Frodo. That is your path.” — Arwen
5. “What’s this? A ranger caught off his guard?” — Arwen
6. “If you trust nothing else… trust this. Trust us.” — Arwen
7. “What grace is given me, let it pass to him. Let him be spared.” — Arwen
8. “Long years have passed. You did not have the cares you carry now.” — Arwen
9. “Your time will come. You will face the same evil, and you will defeat it.” — Arwen
10. “And to that, I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” — Arwen
You will also enjoy our article on Aragorn quotes.
Iconic Arwen Quotes
Fans of the movie will remember these iconic Arwen quotes!
11. “You have my love, father.” — Arwen
12. “Run fast, Asfaloth! Run fast!” — Arwen
13. “Do you remember when we first met?” — Arwen
14. “Hear my voice. Come back to the light.” — Arwen
15. “I’ve been looking for you for two days.” — Arwen
16. “He’s not going to last. We must get him to my father.” — Arwen
17. “From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring.” — Arwen
Wise Arwen Quotes
Check out these wise quotes from Arwen.
18. “I do not fear them.” — Arwen
19. “There is still hope.” — Arwen
20. “The shadow does not hold sway yet.” — Arwen
21. “I’m the faster rider. I’ll take him.” — Arwen
22. “It is mine to give to whom I will, like my heart.” — Arwen
23. “Some things are certain. If I leave him now, I will regret it forever.” — Arwen
24. “You are Isildur’s heir, not Isildur himself. You are not bound to his fate.” — Arwen
25. “If your hurts grieve you still and the memory or your burden is heavy, then you may pass into the West until all your wounds and weariness are healed.” — Arwen
Why is Arwen so Important to the Story of The Lord of the Rings?
In the movie, we first meet Arwen when she saves Frodo’s life by putting an injured Frodo on her horse and racing ahead of the Nazgul to the Elven kingdom of Rivendell.
There she takes Frodo to be healed by the Elven magic of her father, Elrond.
Arwen also serves as inspiration for Aragon to keep pressing forward in an effort to save Middle Earth, as he knows that he must reclaim his kingdom before he can marry Arwen.
You will also enjoy our article highlighting Theoden quotes!
Please share these Arwen quotes with your family and friends who love The Lord of the Rings and post any comments about Arwen in the comment section below.