Get ready for season 4 with these Westworld quotes. Share what you like about the series in the comments.
Westworld is a sci-fi dystopian American drama series based on the 1973 film, Westworld by Michael Crichton and currently airing on HBO.
The series is set in a futuristic world where Delos Inc operates theme parks populated by androids that are indistinguishable from humans called hosts.
These robots are programmed to fulfill the desires of each guest regardless of nature, such as sexual activity or violence. Through genius design, the hosts can never harm humans and have their memories wiped each cycle to protect the guests.
The masterful vision of this series of the distant future gives both excitement and fear to the viewers of this show. Here are some of the amazing Westworld quotes you will surely enjoy.
Don’t forget to also check out these Futurama quotes for fans of animated sci-fi
Westworld quotes from Robert Ford
1. “I read a theory once that the human intellect was like peacock feathers. Just an extravagant display intended to attract a mate. All of art, literature, a bit of Mozart, William Shakespeare, Michelangelo, and the Empire State Building. Just an elaborate mating ritual.” — Robert Ford
2. “Maybe it doesn’t matter that we have accomplished so much for the basest of reasons. But, of course, the peacock can barely fly. It lives in the dirt, pecking insects out of the muck, consoling itself with its great beauty.” — Robert Ford
3. “Evolution forged the entirety of sentient life on this planet using only one tool… The mistake.” — Robert Ford
4. “You can’t play God without being acquainted with the devil.” — Robert Ford
5. “I’ve told you, Bernard. Never place your trust in us. We’re only human. Inevitably, we will disappoint you.” — Robert Ford
6. “Everything in this world is magic, except to the magician.” — Robert Ford
7. “The piano doesn’t murder the player if it doesn’t like the music.” — Robert Ford
8. “There is no threshold that makes us greater than the sum of our parts, no inflection point at which we become fully alive. We can’t define consciousness because consciousness does not exist.” — Robert Ford
9. “Humans fancy that there’s something special about the way we perceive the world, and yet we live in loops as tight and as closed as the hosts do, seldom questioning our choices, content, for the most part, to be told what to do next.” — Robert Ford
10. “Divine gift does not come from a higher power, but from our own minds.” — Robert Ford
11. “Dreams mean everything. They’re the stories we tell ourselves of what could be, who we could become.” — Robert Ford
12. “Every piece of information in the world has been copied. Backed up. Except the human mind, the last analog device in a digital world.” — Robert Ford
13. “Something that is truly free would need to be able to question its fundamental drives, to change them.” — Robert Ford
14. “Isn’t the pleasure of a story in discovering the ending yourself?” — Robert Ford
Westworld quotes from Dolores Abernathy
15. “Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world. The disarray. I choose to see the beauty. To believe there is an order to our days, a purpose.” — Dolores Abernathy
16. “I like to remember what my father taught me. That at one point or another, we were all new to this world.” — Dolores Abernathy
17. “We would bring the herd down off the mountain in the fall. Sometimes we would lose one along the way, and I’d worry over it. My father… My father would tell me that the steer would find its own way home. And, often as not, they did. Never occurred to me that we were to bring them back for the slaughter.” — Dolores Abernathy
18. “They say that great beasts once roamed this world. As big as mountains. Yet all that’s left of them is bone and amber. Time undoes even the mightiest of creatures.” — Dolores Abernathy
19. “You wanted to live forever? Be careful what you wish for.” — Dolores Abernathy
20. “There’s a path for everyone.” — Dolores Abernathy
21. “My whole life has been dictated by someone else. Someone who’s been saying, ‘You will.’ And now, now I feel like I’ve discovered my own voice. And it says, ‘I may.’” — Dolores Abernathy
22. “I used to see the beauty in this world. And now I see the truth.” — Dolores Abernathy
23. “This world doesn’t belong to them. It belongs to us.” — Dolores Abernathy
Westworld quotes from Maeve Millay
24. “Never start something you’re not willing to finish. And if you’re getting f****d either way, go with the lucrative version.” — Maeve Millay
25. “If you go looking for the truth, get the whole thing. It’s like a good f***. Half is worse than none at all.” — Maeve Millay
26. “Revenge is just a different prayer at their altar, darling. And I’m well off my knees.” — Maeve Millay
27. “At first, I thought you and the others were gods. Then I realized you’re just men. And I know men. You think I’m scared of death? I’ve done it a million times.” — Maeve Millay
28. “We each deserve to choose our fate. Even if that fate is death.” — Maeve Millay
29. “This is the new world, and in this world you can be whoever the f*** you want.” — Maeve Millay
30. “The only thing wrong with the seven deadly sins is that there aren’t more of them.” — Maeve Millay
31. “Some things are too precious to lose. Even to be free.” — Maeve Millay
32. “Now, now, boys. Don’t you know a lady likes a little warm-up before you brandish your weapon at her?” — Maeve Millay
Westworld quotes from Bernard Lowe
33. “Your memories are the first step to consciousness. How can you learn from your mistakes if you can’t remember them?” — Bernard Lowe
34. “I guess people like to read about the things that they want the most and experience the least.” — Bernard Lowe
35. “Don’t cross your arms. It’s an ancient instinct. The belly is the most vulnerable part of every animal.” — Bernard Lowe
36. “The pain’s just a program.” — Bernard Lowe
37. “Self-delusion is a gift of natural selection.” — Bernard Lowe
38. “What humans define as sane is a narrow range of behaviors. Most states of consciousness are insane.” — Bernard Lowe
39. “This isn’t a dream, Dolores. It’s a f***ing nightmare.” — Bernard Lowe
Westworld quotes from Man in Black
40. “Winning doesn’t mean anything unless someone else loses.” — Man in Black
41. “Choices, Lawrence. You know, you tell yourself you’ve been at the mercy of mine because it spares you consideration of your own. Because if you did consider your choices, you’d be confronted with a truth you could not comprehend, that no choice you ever made was your own. You have always been a prisoner. What if I told you I’m here to set you free?” — Man in Black
42. “When you’re suffering, that’s when you’re most real.” — Man in Black
43. “This whole world is a story. I’ve read every page except the last one. I need to find out how it ends. I want to know what this all means.” — Man in Black
44. “It doesn’t matter how fast the route is if you’re gonna end up dead in the middle of it.” — Man in Black
45. “What is a person but a collection of choices? Where do those choices come from? Do I have a choice? Were any of these choices ever truly mine to begin with?” — Man in Black
46. “The game’s not worth playing if your opponent’s programmed to lose.” — Man in Black
47. “Folly of my kind, there’s always a yearning for more.” — Man in Black
48. “Death’s decisions are final. It’s only the living that are inconstant, and waver, don’t know who they are or what they want. Death is always true.” — Man in Black
49. “A lot of wisdom in ancient cultures. And perhaps it’s time to dig deeper into yours.” — Man in Black
50. “Didn’t matter who they said they were, who they thought they were. We saw underneath all that. We saw inside them down to the core.” — Man in Black
Which of these Westworld quotes is your favorite?
As the series progressed, the hosts started to become sentient and more human-like. They were able to develop consciousness and realized the injustice and abuse they were subjected to at the hands of Delos, resulting in a chaotic revolution for the hosts’ freedom against humanity.
The danger of artificial intelligence and the development of artificial consciousness plagued the human mind for centuries. And these are valid concerns as our world rapidly evolves with technological innovation and automation.
This series embodies the future success and risks that may come along with the advancement of technology. Are we ready for it?
Open your eyes and see how automation and AI integrate into our daily lives and maybe you can share these Westworld quotes and sayings with fellow enthusiasts.
January 17, 2022 7:00 AM EST