Get ready for season 4 with these Westworld quotes.
Share what you like about the series in the comments.
Westworld is a sci-fi dystopian American drama series based on the 1973 film, Westworld by Michael Crichton and currently airing on HBO.
The series is set in a futuristic world where Delos Inc operates theme parks populated by androids that are indistinguishable from humans called hosts.
These robots are programmed to fulfill the desires of each guest regardless of nature, such as sexual activity or violence.
Through genius design, the hosts can never harm humans and have their memories wiped each cycle to protect the guests.
The masterful vision of this series of the distant future gives both excitement and fear to the viewers of this show.
Here are some of the amazing Westworld quotes you will surely enjoy.
Don’t forget to also check out these Futurama quotes for fans of animated sci-fi.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Westworld quotes from Robert Ford
1. “I read a theory once that the human intellect was like peacock feathers. Just an extravagant display intended to attract a mate. All of art, literature, a bit of Mozart, William Shakespeare, Michelangelo, and the Empire State Building. Just an elaborate mating ritual.” — Robert Ford
2. “Maybe it doesn’t matter that we have accomplished so much for the basest of reasons. But, of course, the peacock can barely fly. It lives in the dirt, pecking insects out of the muck, consoling itself with its great beauty.” — Robert Ford
3. “Evolution forged the entirety of sentient life on this planet using only one tool… The mistake.” — Robert Ford
4. “You can’t play God without being acquainted with the devil.” — Robert Ford
5. “I’ve told you, Bernard. Never place your trust in us. We’re only human. Inevitably, we will disappoint you.” — Robert Ford
6. “Everything in this world is magic, except to the magician.” — Robert Ford
7. “The piano doesn’t murder the player if it doesn’t like the music.” — Robert Ford
8. “There is no threshold that makes us greater than the sum of our parts, no inflection point at which we become fully alive. We can’t define consciousness because consciousness does not exist.” — Robert Ford
9. “Humans fancy that there’s something special about the way we perceive the world, and yet we live in loops as tight and as closed as the hosts do, seldom questioning our choices, content, for the most part, to be told what to do next.” — Robert Ford
10. “Divine gift does not come from a higher power, but from our own minds.” — Robert Ford
11. “Dreams mean everything. They’re the stories we tell ourselves of what could be, who we could become.” — Robert Ford
12. “Every piece of information in the world has been copied. Backed up. Except the human mind, the last analog device in a digital world.” — Robert Ford
13. “Something that is truly free would need to be able to question its fundamental drives, to change them.” — Robert Ford
14. “Isn’t the pleasure of a story in discovering the ending yourself?” — Robert Ford
Westworld quotes from Dolores Abernathy
15. “Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world. The disarray. I choose to see the beauty. To believe there is an order to our days, a purpose.” — Dolores Abernathy
16. “I like to remember what my father taught me. That at one point or another, we were all new to this world.” — Dolores Abernathy
17. “We would bring the herd down off the mountain in the fall. Sometimes we would lose one along the way, and I’d worry over it. My father… My father would tell me that the steer would find its own way home. And, often as not, they did. Never occurred to me that we were to bring them back for the slaughter.” — Dolores Abernathy
18. “They say that great beasts once roamed this world. As big as mountains. Yet all that’s left of them is bone and amber. Time undoes even the mightiest of creatures.” — Dolores Abernathy
19. “You wanted to live forever? Be careful what you wish for.” — Dolores Abernathy
20. “There’s a path for everyone.” — Dolores Abernathy
21. “My whole life has been dictated by someone else. Someone who’s been saying, ‘You will.’ And now, now I feel like I’ve discovered my own voice. And it says, ‘I may.’” — Dolores Abernathy
22. “I used to see the beauty in this world. And now I see the truth.” — Dolores Abernathy
23. “This world doesn’t belong to them. It belongs to us.” — Dolores Abernathy
Westworld quotes from Maeve Millay
24. “Never start something you’re not willing to finish. And if you’re getting f****d either way, go with the lucrative version.” — Maeve Millay
25. “If you go looking for the truth, get the whole thing. It’s like a good f***. Half is worse than none at all.” — Maeve Millay
Which of these Westworld quotes is your favorite?
As the series progressed, the hosts started to become sentient and more human-like.
They were able to develop consciousness and realized the injustice and abuse they were subjected to at the hands of Delos, resulting in a chaotic revolution for the hosts’ freedom against humanity.
The danger of artificial intelligence and the development of artificial consciousness plagued the human mind for centuries.
And these are valid concerns as our world rapidly evolves with technological innovation and automation.
This series embodies the future success and risks that may come along with the advancement of technology.
Are we ready for it?
Open your eyes and see how automation and AI integrate into our daily lives and maybe you can share these Westworld quotes and sayings with fellow enthusiasts.