These daily prayer quotes will help you cultivate your personal relationship with God.
Daily prayer can help you maintain a positive attitude and maintain faith both in yourself and in God’s ability to lead you on the right path. Through prayer, you cultivate a personal relationship with God and seek out his help to achieve the things you hope for in life.
In life, you will always encounter challenges and hardships. Daily prayer is a wonderful way to cultivate the strength and courage to overcome them. It is through prayer that you’ll find strength and peace even in the most trying of times.
Additionally, prayer has been known to positively impact health. When you bring prayer into your daily life, you help lower your stress levels and move forward in health and happiness.
Daily prayer also opens you up to forgiveness. It allows you to forgive yourself and others who may have wronged you in the past. In that respect, below is our collection of powerful and inspiring daily prayer quotes.
Daily prayer quotes to enhance your mind and spirit
1. “Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.” – Max Lucado
2. “There are parts of our calling, works of the Holy Spirit, and defeats of the darkness that will come no other way than through furious, fervent, faith-filled, unceasing prayer.” – Beth Moore
3. “The reality is, my prayers don’t change God. But, I am convinced prayer changes me. Praying boldly boots me out of that stale place of religious habit into authentic connection with God Himself.” – Lysa TerKeurst
4. “To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” – Martin Luther
5. “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.” – Billy Graham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Christian quotes that will uplift your spirits.
6. “If you believe in prayer at all, expect God to hear you. If you do not expect, you will not have. God will not hear you unless you believe He will hear you; but if you believe He will, He will be as good as your faith.” – Charles Spurgeon
7. “Prayer is simply talking to God like a friend and should be the easiest thing we do each day.” – Joyce Meyer
8. “Rather than set aside daily time for prayer, I pray constantly and spontaneously about everything I encounter on a daily basis. When someone shares something with me, I’ll often simply say, ‘let’s pray about this right now.” – Thomas Kinkade
9. “Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” – Mother Teresa
10. “I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day” – Abraham Lincoln
Daily prayer quotes to aid your spiritual journey
11. “Don’t forget to pray today, because God didn’t forget to wake you up this morning.” – Anonymous
12. “When you feel like worrying, try praying instead. Worrying only creates more stress, but prayer creates more peace. God is bigger than whatever is stressing you out.” – Dave Willis
13. “No man is greater than his prayer life.” – Leonard Ravenhill
14. “Prayer is man’s greatest power.” – W. Clement Stone
15. “Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.” – Mahatma Gandhi
16. “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
17. “In my deepest, darkest moments, what really got me through was a prayer. Sometimes my prayer was ‘Help me.’ Sometimes a prayer was ‘Thank you.’ What I’ve discovered is that intimate connection and communication with my creator will always get me through because I know my support, my help, is just a prayer away.” – Iyanla Vanzant
18. “I believe that prayer is our powerful contact with the greatest force in the universe.” – Loretta Young
19. “Having soon discovered to be great, I must appear so, and therefore studiously avoided mixing in society, and wrapped myself in mystery, devoting my time to fasting and prayer.” – Nat Turner
20. “I pray to start my day and finish it in prayer. I’m just thankful for everything, all the blessings in my life, trying to stay that way. I think that’s the best way to start your day and finish your day. It keeps everything in perspective.” – Tim Tebow
Daily prayer quotes to help you maintain faith and a positive attitude
21. “God, our Creator, has stored within our minds and personalities, great potential strength and ability. Prayer helps us tap and develop these powers.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
22. “Faith and prayer are the vitamins of the soul; man cannot live in health without them.” – Mahalia Jackson
23. “Prayer is an act of love; words are not needed. Even if sickness distracts from thoughts, all that is needed is the will to love.” – Saint Teresa of Avila
24. “The limitless loving devotion to God, and the gift God makes of Himself to you, are the highest elevation of which the heart is capable; it is the highest degree of prayer. The souls that have reached this point are truly the heart of the Church.” – Edith Stein
25. “Prayer is the beginning and the end, the source and the fruit, the core and the content, the basis and the goal of all peacemaking.” – Henri Nouwen
26. “Think of God; attachments will gradually drop away. If you wait till all desires disappear before starting your devotion and prayer, you will have to wait for a very long time indeed.” – Ramana Maharshi
27. “God does nothing except in response to believing prayer.” – John Wesley
28. “Prayer is our invitation to God to intervene in the affairs of earth. It is our request for Him to work His ways in this world.” – Myles Munroe
29. “The best way to obtain truth and wisdom is not to ask from books, but to go to God in prayer, and obtain divine teaching.” – Joseph Smith, Jr.
30. “I believe in prayer. It’s the best way we have to draw strength from heaven.” – Josephine Baker
Daily prayer quotes to help you find peace and serenity
31. “Prayer requires more of the heart than of the tongue.” – Adam Clarke
32. “Don’t be discouraged if the answer to your prayer does not come immediately. Study, ponder, and pray, sincerely having faith, and live the commandments.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
33. “Prayer is aligning ourselves with the purposes of God.” – E. Stanley Jones
34. “Prayer’s important, not just as some kind of a metaphysical exercise, but I think it’s a way to refresh one’s own mind and motive. If you’re praying, you’re really looking beyond your own personal thoughts and the pressures that are around you.” – Mike Huckabee
35. “A single grateful thought toward heaven is the most perfect prayer.” – Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
36. “When you recognize the festive and the still moments as moments of prayer, then you gradually realize that to pray is to live.” – Henri Nouwen
37. “Exercise, prayer, and meditation are examples of calming rituals. They have been shown to induce a happier mood and provide a positive pathway through life’s daily frustrations.” – Chuck Norris
38. “True prayer is not asking God for love; it is learning to love, and to include all mankind in one affection. Prayer is the utilization of the love wherewith He loves us.” – Mary Baker Eddy
39. “Prayer is the medium of miracles; in whatever way works for you, pray right now.” – Marianne Williamson
40. “Prayer begins where human capacity ends.” – Marian Anderson
Daily prayer quotes to help you find strength and peace
41. “Prayer is more than meditation. In meditation the source of strength is one’s self. When one prays he goes to a source of strength greater than his own.” – Chiang Kai-shek
42. “It’s very important to have that prayer life. It’s very important to communicate always.” – LeToya Luckett
43. “I believe in God and the power of prayer.” – Kris Jenner
44. “An authentic life is the most personal form of worship. Everyday life has become my prayer.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
45. “I firmly believe in prayer. It is possible to reach out and tap the unseen power which gives strength and anchor in time of need.” – Ezra Taft Benson
46. “Pray till prayer makes you forget your own wish, and leave it or merge it in God’s will.” – Frederick William Robertson
47. “Prayer provides an opportunity to remind oneself of how one should be living, our responsibilities to others, our own failings, and our relative good fortune, should we have it. This is, I think, a pretty worthwhile practice and it is not something you can only do if you believe you are talking to an unseen creator.” – Julian Baggini
48. “I so earnestly believe that prayer can be helpful and guide you and protect you and inspire you. I mean, I’m in awe.” – Horton Foote
49. “There are many things that are essential to arriving at true peace of mind, and one of the most important is faith, which cannot be acquired without prayer.” – John Wooden
50. “Never was a faithful prayer lost. Some prayers have a longer voyage than others, but then they return with their richer lading at last, so that the praying soul is a gainer by waiting for an answer.” – William Gurnall
Which of these daily prayer quotes was your favorite?
Having a daily conversation with God has the ability to bring powerful benefits into your life. It deepens your faith in God, works to release anxiety, brings you towards forgiveness, and helps you accept God’s will for your life.
Bringing prayer into your daily life also helps you adopt an attitude of gratefulness and positions you to receive a perpetual flow of wisdom and guidance. Hopefully, the above quotes will help you find peace and serenity through prayer.
Which of these daily prayer quotes was your favorite? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add. Tell us in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share and inspire others.
May 5, 2019 8:15 AM EST