These When They See Us quotes remind us of how far we’ve come and how far we have to go.
When They See Us is a hunting limited series on Netflix based on real-life events.
The story is about the Central Park Five and the systemized abuse of power they went through at a young age.
The boys were unlawfully convicted of rape and abuse of a lone jogger in Central Park, New York.
The show puts heavy emphasis on the widespread abuse and discrimination of minorities at that time.
The corrupt justice system and flawed distribution of power were chilling to watch and serves as a reminder that there’s a lot of things that need to be done to achieve real equality and justice even in modern times.
The When They See Us quotes below will provoke your thoughts and feelings to want real justice and accountability.
Don’t forget to also check out these American Vandal quotes from the clever mockumentary.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
When They See Us quotes by Delores Wise
1. “Somebody loves you, baby. You getting out!” — Delores Wise
2. “You don’t know nothing about being me.” — Delores Wise
3. “God knows he could use a boost right about now.” — Delores Wise
4. “Boy, I ain’t got nothing to give you.” — Delores Wise
5. “Drugs was easier. Ignoring you two boys in real life that was easier. But being scared for you that gave me something to ask God for and mean it.” — Delores Wise
When They See Us quotes by korey Wise
6. “Sometimes all you can do is try your best.” — Korey Wise
7. “If they don’t wanna hear my truth, I don’t wanna waste my energy.” — Korey Wise
8. “The plan is you and me, little lady. Whatever you wanna do.” — Korey Wise
9. “My bad luck been used up.” — Korey Wise
10. “Please come back as much as you can.” — Korey Wise
11. “I like when you call me kid.” — Korey Wise
12. “Put me in solitary.” — Korey Wise
13. “They said if I was there and if I went along with it, that I could go home. And that’s all I wanted. That’s all I wanted, was to go home. That’s all I still want.” — Korey Wise
14. “What I am supposed to do? Just let them do whatever they to do?” — Korey Wise
When They See Us quotes by Raymond Santana
15. “They ain’t gonna get me again.” — Raymond Santana
16. “What those people stole from you, you can’t buy back.” — Raymond Santana Sr.
17. “When they say ‘boys’ they not talking about us. They talking about other boys from other places. When did we ever get to be boys?” — Raymond Santana
18. “I’m not letting you go like that. I made that mistake already.” — Raymond Santana
19. “I’m trying to treat it right, ya know?” — Young Raymond Santana
20. “I want to sleep in my own bed so bad.” — Young Raymond Santana
When They See Us quotes by Angie Richardson
21. “Happiness is something to look forward to.” — Angie Richardson
22. “He’s got something to look forward to. You have to find one too. That the trick of a happy life.” — Angie Richardson
23. “I know you seen things, maybe had to do things, defend yourself, survive, whatever might have happened. But in the end, you have the same heart.” — Angie Richardson
When They See Us quotes by Antron McCray
24. “I guess I just like making dirty things shine, that’s all.” — Antron McCray
25. “If I had my way, you wouldn’t have took him back.” — Antron McCray
Which of these When They See Us quotes is your favorite?
A lot of people in the series really think the boys were guilty of the crimes they didn’t commit.
It shows how the media and the limited interaction with selected environments or groups can greatly alter one’s cognitive reasoning and compassion.
These people are educated, wealthy and with a high status of power, and yet they choose to act in a stupid and cruel way.
This film uncovers the trouble with the system we are all living in.
No matter where we are in the world we can still be a subject of human cruelty and thirst for power.
Hopefully, these When They See Us quotes and sayings compel you to take action and do the right thing in the situations you’re presented with.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST