Ram Dass Quotes on Self-Love, Faith, and More
April 11, 2023 5:00 AM EST
If you are looking for powerful quotes that will stick with you long after you have read them, the Ram Dass quotes below will do just that.
Born Richard Alpert, Ram Dass is a best-selling author, spiritual leader, and former psychologist.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Ram Dass is a best-selling author, with over 2 million copies sold of his most popular book, “Be Here Now”.
This book was published in 1971 and continues to inspire readers today.
Who inspires you in your own life?
Dass is well-known for his professional work with Dr. Timothy Leary at Harvard University in the 1970s, where they researched the effects of psychedelics.
In 1971, Dass released his spirituality book Be Here Now and has sold over two million copies since its initial release.
As a spiritual leader, Dass focuses on influencing people around the world to live in the present and become fully aware of their true self.
Check out the selection of Ram Dass quotes below to get your daily dose of motivation.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Ram Dass quotes on wisdom
Ram Dass was a renowned spiritual leader who helped popularize Eastern spirituality in the West.
He became a leading figure in the counterculture movement of the 1960s and 1970s, and his teachings continue to inspire people around the world today.
1. “Suffering is part of our training program for becoming wise.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on eckhart tolle quotes.
2. “The heart surrenders everything to the moment. The mind judges and holds back.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual awakening quotes.
3. “Each of us finds his unique vehicle for sharing with others his bit of wisdom.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on healing quotes.
4. “Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on life transformation quotes.
5. “Knowledge all by itself, without deep wisdom, ends up becoming despair.” – Ram Dass
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of wisdom quotes from the world’s greatest minds.
Ram Dass quotes on connecting with others
In a study of over 4,000 adults, researchers found that those who reported higher levels of self-compassion also reported greater life satisfaction, happiness, and overall well-being.
This study supports Ram Dass’ message of self-love and the importance of self-compassion in leading a fulfilling life.
6. “You just love until you and the beloved become one.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on know your worth quotes.
7. “We are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we are so deeply interconnected with one another.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on Greg Plitt quotes.
8. “Compassion refers to the arising in the heart of the desire to relieve the suffering of all beings.” – Ram Dass (see other compassionate empathy quotes)
You will also enjoy our article on when they see us quotes.
9. “When you know how to listen everybody is the guru.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on perfection quotes.
10. “Let’s trade in all our judging for appreciating. Let’s lay down our righteousness and just be together.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on love yourself quotes.
11. “We’re all just walking each other home.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on meditation quotes.
12. “In most of our human relationships, we spend much of our time reassuring one another that our costumes of identity are on straight.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on queen and slim quotes.
13. “Treat everyone you meet like God in drag.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on butterfly quotes.
14. “Once you get to your soul, then every person you look at is a soul.” – Ram Dass
You will also enjoy our article on self acceptance quotes.
15. “Learn to watch your drama unfold while at the same time knowing you are more than your drama.” – Ram Dass
16. “We’re here to awaken from the illusion of separateness” – Ram Dass
17. “In our relationships, how much can we allow them to become new, and how much do we cling to what they used to be yesterday?” – Ram Dass
18. “Our interactions with one another reflect a dance between love and fear.” – Ram Dass
19. “By acting compassionately, by helping to restore justice and to encourage peace, we are acknowledging that we are all part of one another.” – Ram Dass
20. “You may protest if you can love the person you are protesting against as much as you love yourself.” – Ram Dass
21. “When your center is firm, when your faith is strong and unwavering, then it will not matter what company you keep.” – Ram Dass
22. “A relationship starting out as one that awakens love can only remain a living vehicle for love to the extent that it is continually made new or reconsecrated.” – Ram Dass
23. “The art of listening comes from a quiet mind and an open heart.” – Ram Dass
Ram Dass quotes on self-love
A study of over 1,500 adults found that those who reported higher levels of faith and spirituality also reported better mental health, including lower levels of depression and anxiety.
This research supports Ram Dass’ emphasis on the role of faith and spirituality in promoting mental well-being.
24. “Our whole spiritual transformation brings us to the point where we realize that in our own being. We are enough.” – Ram Dass
25. “Your problem is you are too busy holding on to your unworthiness.” – Ram Dass
Ram Dass Quotes That Will Change Your Perspective
In a survey of over 1,000 adults, researchers found that those who reported higher levels of mindfulness also reported greater emotional regulation, reduced stress, and improved relationships.
This study supports Ram Dass’ focus on the importance of mindfulness in promoting emotional well-being and healthy relationships.
26. “Our journey is about being more deeply involved in life, and yet less attached to it.” ― Ram Dass
27. “Don’t compare your path with anybody else’s. Your path is unique to you.” ― Ram Dass
28. “The game is not about becoming somebody, it’s about becoming nobody.” ― Ram Dass
29. “I would like my life to be a statement of love and compassion–and where it isn’t, that’s where my work lies.” ― Ram Dass
30. “If you think you’re enlightened go spend a week with your family.” ― Ram Dass
31. “I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are” ― Ram Dass
32. “As long as you have certain desires about how it ought to be you can’t see how it is.” ― Ram Dass
33. “When someone we love dies, we get so busy mourning what died that we ignore what didn’t.” ― Ram Dass
34. “It’s very hard to grow because it’s difficult to let go of the models of ourselves in which we’ve invested so heavily.” ― Ram Dass
35. “As you dissolve into love, your ego fades. You’re not thinking about loving; you’re just being love, radiating like the sun.” ― Ram Dass
Ram Dass Quotes On Sharing Love
A study published in the journal Social Science and Medicine found that individuals who practice loving-kindness meditation, a form of meditation that emphasizes feelings of love and compassion towards others, experienced greater feelings of social connectedness and decreased feelings of loneliness.
This statistic can enhance the article by highlighting the benefits of practicing love and compassion towards others, which aligns with Ram Dass’s teachings on sharing love.
36. “You are joy, wisdom, peace, compassion, and love.” — Ram Dass
37. “Be patient. You’ll know when it’s time for you to wake up and move ahead.” — Ram Dass
38. “These are planes of consciousness, and I think human beings exist on two planes of consciousness, the soul and the ego.” — Ram Dass
39. “Who you think you are will always be frightened of change. But it doesn’t make any difference to who you truly are.” — Ram Dass
40. “You are loved just for being who you are, just for existing.” — Ram Dass
41. “Love is the most transformative medicine For Love slowly transforms you Into what psychedelics only get you to glimpse.” — Ram Dass
42. “The soul is not ruled by time and space. The soul is infinite. It blends with the One in infinity.” — Ram Dass
43. “I can do nothing for you but work on myself…you can do nothing for me but work on yourself!” — Ram Dass
44. “If you would truly bring peace to the world, identify with that place within you where you are Peace.” — Ram Dass
45. “Look at the people you don’t love and see them as an exercise for you to open your heart.” — Ram Dass
Are you on the journey towards self-acceptance?
At the basis of Ram Dass’ philosophy is the importance of being aware of one’s true self.
Once you are fully comfortable with who you are and the life that you are destined to live, the path towards happiness often reveals itself to you.
If you are still looking for who you are, fear not!
You are not alone in your journey.
Soon, you will find out who you are truly meant to be.
It is only a matter of time.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these inspirational Ram Dass quotes?
Do you have a favorite quote from the list above?
Let us know what you relate to most in the comments section below.
October 13, 2021 at 9:23 PM
Ram Dass was the first author who described my own experience– in 1ou0 when I was 18. Now, at 69, he still touches my heart with the truth of a true Bodhisattva.