We dare you to try not to feel a range of emotions as you read through these You quotes.
You is an American psychological thriller series based on the novel by the same name, written by Caroline Kepnes.
The show revolves around Joe, a seemingly cool and charming guy that you think any woman would want. But with a mind wrecking turn of events, Joe quickly becomes obsessed with any girl he feels to be the love of his life and goes to any extra lengths to manipulate their feelings.
The show was a huge hit across the globe and left many thinking about how this situation may play out in real life. So hopefully, these You quotes will get you excited for the next upcoming season.
Don’t forget to also check out these Alien quotes from the sci-fi film franchise.
You quotes by Joe Goldberg
1. “I believe in love at first sight.” ― Joe Goldberg
2. “There are terrifying people in the world. It’s important to be safe and that’s why I have to do what I’m going to do.” ― Joe Goldberg
3. “You know, the first step to fixing something is to know no matter how destroyed it seems, it can always be saved.” ― Joe Goldberg
4. “The first thing my beloved Internet gave me was your address.” ― Joe Goldberg
5. “Hello. Who are you? All your accounts are public, you want them to see you, to listen to you, to know you. And I thank you.” ― Joe Goldberg
6. “If those are your friends, you’re really very lonely” ― Joe Goldberg
7. “I’ll help you get the life you deserve.” ― Joe Goldberg
8. “Pro tip of the day: screen your calls when you’re trying to burn a body, because it turns out things slip out that you didn’t actually wanna say.” ― Joe Goldberg
9. “if I wasn’t so blinded by love I would have seen the secrets right in front of me waiting to be uncovered.” ― Joe Goldberg
10. “Social networks make you vulnerable and offer nothing in return.” ― Joe Goldberg
11. “Unremarkable people don’t worry about being unremarkable.” ― Joe Goldberg
12. “It was hard to find a line between boss and boyfriend between supportive and enabling. “ ― Joe Goldberg
13. “You said babe was a default for unimaginative lovers, but then you never cared for people the way Karen does. You were so caught up in you, you never thought to take care of me. And honestly, it’s worth all the babe.” ― Joe Goldberg
14. “I’m not an option, I’m the chosen one.” ― Joe Goldberg
15. “Jealousy brought out the best in me.” ― Joe Goldberg
16. “I know it’s not cool to say and it’s not big and flashy but I love books, and I want my life to be about what I actually love.” ― Joe Goldberg
17. “Love has taken me to dark places, but Los Angeles has got to be as dark as it gets. When you’re running from someone who thinks they know you, the best place to hide is somewhere they think you hate because you do.” ― Joe Goldberg
More You quotes by Joe Goldberg
18. It isn’t hard to convince someone you love them if you know what they want to hear.” ― Joe Goldberg
19. “Being attracted to really smart women is a double-edged sword.” ― Joe Goldberg
20. “Everything hurts, and nothing is the same without you, Love.” ― Joe Goldberg
21. “It’s funny how fate works. I had no idea that the cage I was building all this time was a trap for me. And when I found myself here locked in, I thought this was the end. But that’s not how destiny works. This is just the beginning because this where I had to be, exactly where I had to be … with you. There you were with your books and your sunshine. So close and worlds away. I will figure out a way. A way to get to you. See you soon, neighbor.” ― Joe Goldberg
22. “Sometimes, a man gets exactly what he wishes for, and that can be the most perfect punishment of all.” ― Joe Goldberg
23. “Dear Love, you’ve changed me. I used to see the world as black or white. Now everything is gray and messy, full of nuance and beauty – because of you.” ― Joe Goldberg
24. “I don’t think I’ve ever been in love before. It’s been infatuation. This is it. Accepting you’re not perfect and loving you more for it.” ― Joe Goldberg
25. “It’s been said that dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you.” ― Joe Goldberg
26. “Welcome to a city where people trying to disappear aren’t actually trying.” ― Joe Goldberg
27. I think love should come out of nowhere, sweep you up completely.” ― Joe Goldberg
28. “I’d never felt this way before, where you love the bad things about someone as much as the good. Maybe even a little more.” ― Joe Goldberg
29. “The universe has a funny way of keeping us humble.” ― Joe Goldberg
30. “Relationships are scary. You don’t get all that goodness and possibilities with zero risk.” ― Love Quinn
31. “If this was a movie, I’d grab you and we’d go at it right in the stacks.” ― Joe Goldberg
32. “Sometimes, we do bad things for the people we love. It doesn’t mean it’s right, it means love is more important.” ― Joe Goldberg
33. “All books add up to one essential truth, which is, if your IQ is above a certain number, life is pretty much unbearable. And the number is not even that high.” ― Joe Goldberg
34. “What better place to find a nobody who thinks he’s somebody than the improv crowd.” ― Joe Goldberg
35. “People believe whatever supports their world-view.” ― Joe Goldberg
You quotes by Guinevere Beck
36. “That’s sad. People buying books because of what’s popular, and not because they wanna be moved or changed in some way.” ― Guinevere Beck
37. “One day, you won’t walk through the world as though it was your job to hold everything up.” ― Guinevere Beck
38. “Love isn’t a strong enough word. Sometimes it scares me to love someone so completely and not have them love you back.” ― Guinevere Beck
39. “From every boy masquerading as a man that you let into your body, your heart, you learned you didn’t have whatever magic turns a beast into a prince.” ― Guinevere Beck
40. “You used to wrap yourself in fairy tales like a blanket. But it was the cold you loved. Sharp shivers as you uncovered the corpses of Bluebeard’s wives. Sweeter goosebumps as Prince Charming slid one glass slipper over your little toes. A perfect fit. But by the schoolyard, real princesses floated by you on fall winds. You saw the gulf between you and the rich girls and vowed to stop believing in fairy tales. But the stories were in you, deep as poison. If Prince Charming was real, if he could save you, you needed to be saved from the unfairness of everything. When would he come?” ― Guinevere Beck
41. “You surrounded yourself with the girls you’d always resented, hoping to share their power. And you hated yourself. And that diminished you even more. And then, right when you thought you might just disappear, he saw you. And you knew somewhere deep it was too good to be true. But you let yourself be swept, because he was the first strong enough to lift you. Now in his castle you understand Prince Charming and Bluebeard are the same man. And you don’t get a happy end unless you love both of him.” ― Guinevere Beck
42. “If we don’t have trust, we have nothing.” ― Guinevere Beck
You quotes by other characters
43. “Social media. It’s like the next great genocide.” ― Blythe
44. “I’m going to tell you something and when you do I’ll know your worst secret and you’ll let me go.” ― Benji
45. “You are one magnanimous mother fuc*er, and we’re going to make one hell of a team.” ― Forty Quinn
46. “Maybe I’m cynical, but I really don’t think any of that stuff works for anyone who is truly broken. Serves us better to just keep barreling forward and hope the demons can’t keep up, so you might as well be who you are.” ― Delilah
47. “I’m definitely walking the line between desperate and shameless.” ― Love Quinn
48. “At the end of the day, only you know who you really are.” ― Will
49. “Dude, I love green juice, but celery is basically Satan’s butt plug.” ― Forty Quinn
50. “Work in a bookstore and learn that most people in this world feel guilty about being who they are.” ― Caroline Kepnes
Which of these You quotes is your favorite?
You has a unique blend and gives you mixed feelings as you watch it. Sometimes you’ll feel awkward for the characters.
Other times you’ll find yourself liking the main character even though you know you shouldn’t. And with the snap of a finger, you’ll find yourself hating him. The character’s personality will keep you coming back for more.
The story of You may be an extreme case of obsession but it’s easy to see ways that it connects with unhealthy and toxic relationships in real life as well.
If you haven’t watched the series yet, it’s a great time to catch up on the episodes while enjoying these You quotes and sayings.
November 18, 2021 7:00 AM EST