Check out this handpicked selection of coffee quotes to remind you of the powerful effects of the world’s most beloved beverage.
There’s something magical in the way that coffee can brighten our morning mood and give us the spark to seize the day.
Coffee is one of those drinks that many of us can’t do without. If you’re like most of us, you probably start your day with a cup of coffee. The brew is great for keeping us on our toes throughout the day.
Besides the obvious physical implications, scientific studies have revealed that coffee has psychological benefits as well.
Research has demonstrated that even a small dose of coffee can make you focus on the positive and improve your performance.
In addition, coffee is a great social drink. Whenever you want to be social, instead of drinking alcohol, just grab a cup of coffee. Because of its stimulating qualities, it will loosen you up and help you enjoy yourself at the party.
To help you celebrate the love for your favorite beverage, below is our collection of hot, funny, and inspirational coffee quotes, coffee sayings, and coffee proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
And if you need inspiration for a good morning message to start your special one’s day with a smile, don’t forget to check out our large collection of text messages.
Coffee Quotes to Wake You Up Every Morning
1. “It’s amazing how the world begins to change through the eyes of a cup of coffee.” – Donna A. Favors
2. “As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be?”― Cassandra Clare
3. “I like my coffee like I like myself: strong, sweet, and too hot for you.” – Jac Vanek
4. “Without my morning coffee, I’m just like a dried-up piece of a goat.” – J.S. Bach
5. “Coffee. Creative lighter fluid.” – Floyd Maxwell
6. “Why, yes, I could start my day without coffee. But I like being able to remember things like how to say words and put on pants.” – Nanea Hoffman
7. “Science may never come up with a better office communication system than the coffee break.” – Earl Wilson
8. “You can’t have a decent food culture without a decent coffee culture: the two things grow up together.” – Adam Gopnik
9. “I’d rather take coffee than compliments just now.”― Louisa May Alcott
10. “Three hundred years ago, during the Age of Enlightenment, the coffee house became the center of innovation.” – Peter Diamonde
Powerful coffee quotes that will tempt you to reach for another cup
11. “Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee.” – Stephanie Piro
12. “I love it when the coffee kicks in and I realize what an adorable bad*ss I’m gonna be today.” – Nanea Hoffman
13. “Never trust anyone who doesn’t drink coffee.” – AJ Lee
14. “May your coffee be stronger than any challenges you face today. But if not, remember: DON’T throw your cup at anyone. You need it for refills.” – Nanea Hoffman
15. “Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love.” – Turkish Proverb
16. “Coffee, It’s the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions!” – Mike Ditka
17. “I love my Saturday coffee the way I used to love Saturday morning cartoons.” – Nanea Hoffman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Saturday quotes that will encourage you to have a fantastic day.
18. “Adventure in life is good; consistency in coffee even better.” ― Justina Chen Headley
19. “There’s nothing sweeter than a cup of bitter coffee.” — Rian Aditia
20. “Coffee, the favorite drink of the civilized world.” – Thomas Jefferson
Famous coffee quotes that will inspire you in no time
21. “A morning coffee is my favorite way of starting the day, settling the nerves so that they don’t later fray.” ― Marcia Carrington
22. “I was taken by the power that savoring a simple cup of coffee can have to connect people and create community.” – Howard Schultz
23. “Having charged your heart and brain with a cup of coffee, you’re ready to face the challenges of life.”― Sahara Sanders
24. “The powers of a man’s mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks.” ― Sir James Mackintosh
25. “To me, the smell of fresh-made coffee is one of the greatest inventions.” – Hugh Jackman
26. “There are three intolerable things in life – cold coffee, lukewarm champagne, and overexcited women…” ― Orson Welles
27. “Coffee is the common man’s gold, and like gold, it brings to every person the feeling of luxury and nobility.” – Sheik-Abd-al-Kadir
28. “It doesn’t matter where you’re from – or how you feel… There’s always peace in a strong cup of coffee.” ― Gabriel Bá
Don’t forget to also check out these farmer quotes that will make you love the land.
29. “But even a bad cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all. New York has great water for coffee.” – David Lynch
30. “Coffee is a kind of magic you can drink.” ― Catherynne M. Valente
Inspirational coffee quotes that will help you seize the day
31. “No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee’s frothy goodness.” — Sheik Abd-al-Kabir
32. “Once you wake up and smell the coffee, it’s hard to go back to sleep.” — Fran Drescher
33. “When I wake up in the morning, I just can’t get started until I’ve had that first, piping hot pot of coffee. Oh, I’ve tried other enemas.” – Emo Phillips
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of morning inspirational quotes to help you get your day started.
34. “The first cup is for the guest, the second for enjoyment, the third for the sword.” — Old Arabic Saying
35. “A cup of gourmet coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.” ― Unknown Author
36. “Coffee is already known to be a preventative factor against mild depression, Parkinson’s disease, and colon and rectal cancers.” – Chris Kilham
37. “Coffee smells like freshly ground heaven.” – Jessi Lane Adams
38. “Do you know how helpless you feel if you have a full cup of coffee in your hand and you start to sneeze?” — Jean Kerr
39. “I orchestrate my mornings to the tune of coffee.” – Terri Guillemets
40. “Way too much coffee. But if it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” – David Letterman
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of healthy eating quotes celebrating better food choices.
Coffee quotes that will brighten your day
41. “Four cups of coffee a day may keep depression at bay.” ― Steven Magee
42. “Almost all my middle-aged and elderly acquaintances, including me, feel about 25, unless we haven’t had our coffee, in which case we feel 107.” – Martha Beck
43. “Please pour me some coffee and sit beside me. I want to have a perfect start to this day.” ― Nitya Prakash
44. “What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee?” – Anthony Trollope
45. “If you feel a need to get wired, take my advice. Loud, fast music coupled with strong, black coffee is the best way to go.” ― Lou Brutus
46. “I wake up some mornings and sit and have my coffee and look out at my beautiful garden, and I go, ‘Remember how good this is. Because you can lose it.'” – Jim Carrey
47. “I do not question anyone anymore. I drink coffee and I live.”― Tahar Ben Jelloun
48. “I love coffee. I sometimes get excited at night thinking of the coffee I’ll get to drink in the morning. Coffee is reason to wake up. There are other reasons, of course. But coffee is the incentive, at the very least.” ― Annie Clark
49. “It’s when you look over the top of your coffee cup, that you can smile at life.” ― Anthony T. Hincks.
50. “Coffee should not be drunk in a hurry. It is the sister of time, and should be sipped slowly, slowly. Coffee is the sound of taste, a sound for the aroma. It is a meditation and a plunge into memories and the soul.” ― Mahmoud Darwish
More coffee quotes and sayings
51. “What do you want? Just coffee. Black – like my soul.” – Cassandra Clare
52. “Coffee is a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to your older self.” – Terry Pratchett
53. “No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for Before Coffee.” – Cherise Sinclair
54. “The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
55. “The fresh smell of coffee soon wafted through the apartment, the smell that separates night from day.” – Haruki Murakami
56. “Life is like coffee, the darker it gets, the more it energizes.” – Ankita Singhal
57. “Never underestimate the power of a good cup of coffee.” – Ursula Vernon
58. “I have only two wishes, said Jean. The first is for strong coffee, and the second is for stronger coffee.” – Scott Lynch
59. “Strange how the bitterness of coffee makes life sweet.” – Suhaib Rumi
60. “At least there was coffee. Reliable, delicious, life-giving coffee.” – Mary H.K. Choi
Which of these coffee quotes is your favorite?
Coffee is a great beverage with so many things to like. Whether you enjoy a cappuccino, an espresso, or simply black coffee, there’s no denying the powerful effects of the brew.
For most people, a couple of cups a day can be a healthy part of the diet. To avoid the negative issues associated with too much caffeine, be sure to enjoy it in moderation.
Did you enjoy these coffee quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
March 2, 2021 6:00 AM EST