Your Lie in April Quotes From the Manga Series
March 17, 2023 6:00 AM EST
As we delve into the world of Your Lie in April quotes, we can’t help but feel like we’re on a journey with the likes of Mozart or Beethoven, exploring the depths of human emotion through the show’s writing and music.
These Your Lie in April quotes from the romantic-drama manga series written and illustrated by Naoshi Arakawa will move you.
Manga are comics or graphic novels that originate from Japan.
The story follows fourteen-year-old piano prodigy Kōsei Arima and his friends through the trials and tribulations of death, love, and pursuing one’s passions.
Tell us your favorite Your Lie in April quote in the comments below!
Why you should read Your Lie in April quotes
Your Lie in April received much praise from critics for its plot line and characters.
Because of this praise, the manga series was later adapted into many forms, including:
- An anime television series
- A live-action movie
- A light novel
- Multiple stage productions
Your Lie in April is a touching and impactful series that offers a thought-provoking experience for its readers and viewers.
It includes themes of mental health and depression, which are familiar and relatable for many people.
Reading Your Lie in April quotes illustrates that even if you aren’t Japanese or into manga, there are certain themes that cross borders and unite us all as human beings.
Namely, love, loss, and coming of age.
In the plot, the young pianist Kōsei loses the ability to perform the piano after his mother dies.
Two years later, he meets Kaori Miyazono, a free-spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her crazy personality.
Kaori helps Kōsei once again play piano and shows him his playing style can be free and groundbreaking.
Kōsei falls in love with Kaori, but her untimely death means they will never be together in this life.
In a heartfelt letter written to him before her death, Kaori proclaims her love for Kōsei and that he was what inspired her to learn the violin.
Although heartbroken, Kōsei goes on performing piano, knowing that Kaori’s spirit will forever be by his side.
You will also enjoy our article on Banana Fish quotes.
Your Lie in April quotes from Kaori Miyazono
Enjoy these inspiring Your Lie in April quotes from Kaori Miyazono!
1. “Music is freedom.” — Kaori Miyazono
2. “One day in April, I met a really weird violinist. Totally outrageous. Self-righteous. But the smile she shows to people, she is like angelic.” — Kaori Miyazono
3. “Maybe there’s only a dark road up ahead. But you still have to believe and keep going. Believe that the stars will light your path, even a little bit.” — Kaori Miyazono
4. “We’re all afraid, you know… to get up on stage. Maybe you’ll mess up. Maybe they’ll totally reject you. Even so, you grit your teeth and get up on stage anyway.” — Kaori Miyazono
5. “Such a cruel boy. Telling me to dream one more time. I thought I was satisfied because my dream had come true… And I’d told myself it was enough… Yet here you are, watering this withered heart again.” — Kaori Miyazono
Your Lie in April quotes from Kōsei Arima
Here are Your Lie in April quotes from Kōsei Arima about love, loss, and perseverance.
6. “Music speaks louder than words.” — Kōsei Arima
7. “Even in the depths of the darkest oceans, some light always pierces through.” — Kōsei Arima
8. “She’s merciless. That unbending gaze. Even from the back, she won’t let me give up.” — Kōsei Arima
9. “I have no idea what lies ahead. But I’ve taken the first steps. We’re still in the middle of our journey.” — Kōsei Arima
10. “Spring will be here soon. Spring, the season I met you, is coming. A Spring without you…is coming.” — Kōsei Arima
11. “After struggling, losing my way, and suffering… the answer I arrived at was so laughably simple.” — Kōsei Arima
12. “The silence belongs to us… and every single person out there is waiting for us to fill it with something.” — Kōsei Arima
13. “You’re in love with food, you’re in love with the violin, you’re in love with music. I guess that’s why you sparkle.” — Kōsei Arima
14. “You’re like a cat. If I get close, you’ll ignore me and go far away. If I get hurt, you’ll play around to share the pain.” — Kōsei Arima
15. “The moment I met her; my life changed. Everything I saw, everything I heard, everything I felt, all the scenery around me… started to take on color.” — Kōsei Arima
Your Lie in April quotes from Hiroko Seto
Your Lie in April quotes from Hiroko Seto are wise and thought-provoking.
16. “Those who compete, even if they’re enemies, help each other out.” — Hiroko Seto
17. “Defiance towards parents is an establishment of oneself; it’s a sign of independence.” — Hiroko Seto
18. “It’s not just allies who support each other. From your enemies, you learn so much and gain so much.” — Hiroko Seto
19. “As a musician, in the process of learning from a teacher, your differences breed a sense of discomfort which you should cherish. It’s because of those differences that we have individuality.” — Hiroko Seto
20. “We’re all connected. Just like the notes are intermittently connected. It’s shared by us all. Through music, with the people you know, with the people, you don’t know, with all the people in this world.” — Hiroko Seto
Your Lie in April quotes from Watari Ryota and Tsubaki Sawabe
Here’s more inspiration from Your Lie in April quotes from Watari Ryota and Tsubaki Sawabe.
21. “But you’d better not be too nice. You know what they say… nice guys are doomed to finish last.” — Watari Ryota
22. “The boy I took for granted would always be by my side, the boy I want to be by my side forever. I’m such an idiot.” — Tsubaki Sawabe
23. “Setbacks are inevitable to superstars. Adversity is what separates the good from the great. After all, stars can only shine during the night.” — Watari Ryota
24. “It’s only natural for the girl you’re crushing on to be in love with someone else. Since you’re in love with her, she sparkles in your eyes. That’s why people fall so irrationally in love.” — Watari Ryota
25. “Even though I’m bitter over losing, even though my ankle hurts, and my eyes are smeared with tears… even though I’ve never felt worse… I wonder why the stars are sparkling like this.” — Tsubaki Sawabe
Even More Reasons to Enjoy Your Lie in April
If these quotes alone weren’t enough to inspire you to read or watch Your Lie in April, there are many other reasons you should consider it.
First, the art and music are both critically acclaimed.
The series features beautiful and detailed art and an emotionally powerful soundtrack that adds to the overall experience.
Second, you can expand your cultural knowledge.
For those unfamiliar with Japanese culture, Your Lie in April offers a window into a unique and rich culture, including its art, music, and traditions.
Third, if you like a good read, it’s a well-developed story.
The main characters, Kosei and Kaori, are both well-developed and dynamic, and their growth and relationships with each other and others drive the story.
Tell us your favorite You Lie in April quote in the comments section!
If you enjoyed reading these Your Lie in April quotes, click the share button so others can read them, too!