Get in sync with humankind’s best friend with our Cesar Millan quotes.
Cesar Millan has made a career as an advocate and trainer to our four-legged friends, the dogs.
Check out our Cesar Millan quotes below for more insightful dog wisdom.
Who is Cesar Millan?
Cesar Millan is a true renaissance man.
He is a multi-talented artist who does a little bit of everything.
Most people know Cesar for his role as The Dog Whisperer, where he made a career as the nation’s premier dog trainer.
Check out these astonishing facts about Cesar Millan below:
- Actress and musician Jada Pinkett Smith helped jumpstart his career.
- From a young age, Cesar has always had a special connection with animals.
- In his youth, he earned the nickname “The Dirty Dog Boy” from people in his town.
How did Cesar Millan make it big?
Cesar Millan was born in Mexico in 1969.
From a young age, he had a special connection with animals, and people in his town nicknamed him “The Dirty Dog Boy.”
Despite the not-so-great nickname, Cesar’s passion for animals was compelling; his community recognized this.
In December of 1990, Cesar crossed the border from Mexico and entered the United States.
He came to America with a dream, and he saw it through.
Regarding his journey, he laments, “When I was old enough, I was 21 years of age, I decided to come to America. I did it illegally, so I jumped the border. I didn’t speak any English.”
Cesar started off as a limousine driver and worked his way up to becoming a cultural icon and force to be reckoned with.
Cesar’s shows are popular in over eighty countries worldwide, and his inspirational story continues to spark action among animal lovers.
What is Cesar Millan known for?
Cesar Millan is The Dog Whisperer.
Traditionally, an animal whisperer is someone who has a special connection to the animal world and communicates with animals in a way others cannot.
Cesar demonstrates his special talent when helping clients who desperately need help training their dogs.
People admire Cesar for his rags-to-riches story but also because of his authenticity.
He is unafraid to be himself and encourages everyone to stand in their power.
Fans find these aspects of his persona likable and relatable.
Cesar credits his honesty as the key to his success, noting, “I have always been honest with my fans, which means being open about any struggles I have had along the way.”
Short Cesar Millan quotes about training dogs and people
Cesar often shares that his success is often about training the humans he works with, not the dogs.
1. “Anything that is good for an animal, let’s do it.” — Cesar Millan
2. “Anything that can create balance in dogs is great.” — Cesar Millan
3. “Everybody wants a solution on how to help their dogs.” — Cesar Millan
4. “People say I train dogs, but in many ways, I train people.” — Cesar Millan
5. “We can’t really see the problem until we reconnect ourselves to our instinctual self.” — Cesar Millan
Famous Cesar Millan quotes about dog parks and exercise
Cesar is a fan of the dog parks but reminds us it does not take the place of exercise.
6. “A visit to the dog park is fun; play time.” — Cesar Millan
7. “Dog parks can be a fantastic way to socialize your dog.” — Cesar Millan
8. “It’s important for owners to understand that a dog park isn’t exercise and isn’t a substitute for a walk.” — Cesar Millan
9. “Aggression is not a breed thing. It’s a state of mind, and it comes from how the human is with the dog. ” — Cesar Millan
10. “There are four levels of energy, regardless of the breed: low, medium, high, very high. The idea is to get a dog in your same level or lower than you.” — Cesar Millan
The top Cesar Millan quotes on how to overcome anxiety
Cesar preaches that dogs sense our anxiety, which only worsens things for the animal when the human cannot remain calm.
11. “There’s nothing wrong with anxiety.” — Cesar Millan
12. “A lot of people, for example, live an anxious life.” — Cesar Millan
13. “They don’t realize they have a super-high level of anxiety.” — Cesar Millan
14. “The point is you learn to evaluate yourself and regulate yourself.” — Cesar Millan
15. “So we’re gonna work on really writing down how anxious you feel at the moment you wake up.” — Cesar Millan
The best Cesar Millan quotes on leadership choosing strong leadership
Cesar believes we have much to learn from dogs, especially when selecting strong leadership.
16. “Children are becoming disobedient. Why, because of the lack of rules, boundaries, and limitations.” — Cesar Millan
17. “A dog is a vehicle, you know; a dog is a window to Mother Nature, and that’s the closest species we have.” — Cesar Millan
18. “It’s an up and down thing, the human goals; because the human is always an explorer, an adventurist.” — Cesar Millan
19. “Bill Gates can’t control a high-level-energy dog because his energy is very low, very calm. Very intellectual. A dog doesn’t see that as leadership.” — Cesar Millan
20. “We’re the only species who follow unstable leaders. This is true – it has little to do with America – around the world, pack leaders are unstable. Animals don’t follow that.” — Cesar Millan
Cesar Millan quotes and sayings about our innate connection to dogs
Cesar has always taught us that we have a special relationship with the canine breeds.
21. “People just don’t realize their dog must respect them as leader of the pack.” — Cesar Millan
22. “I have never met a dog I couldn’t help; however, I have met humans who weren’t willing to change.” — Cesar Millan
23. “Just being with dogs, I learned their ways and began to appreciate things from their point of view.” — Cesar Millan
24. “Owners lavish love on their pets, which is why so many go from non-aggressive pups to being out of control when they’re older.” — Cesar Millan
25. “Birth, life, death is a cycle. And they’re all beautiful; you celebrate all of them. Animals do grieve, but they move on. That’s the lesson behind animals.” — Cesar Millan
What is Cesar Millan’s mission?
Cesar believes in equality and justice through self-love and caring for our planet.
The Cesar Millan Foundation uses its platform to promote and teach compassionate behavior.
The foundation’s homepage states, “The Cesar Millan Foundation is dedicated to childhood education, connecting youth with animals to better understand their natural instincts, energy and selves and fostering the development of better humans and a better planet.”
In past interviews, Cesar has mentioned that there are countries where women and dogs receive similar treatment.
He has shared that he aims to bring equality to the balance of humans and mother nature.
Cesar knows that transformation is an uphill battle, but he maintains the course despite the challenge.
He once said, “Change takes effort. And the reality is, most people don’t want to put in effort to better their life.”
We all have the power to create the world we wish to see.
Do you have a favorite Cesar Millan quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comment section below.