Air Conditioner Quotes to Refresh Your Mind
April 20, 2023 5:46 AM EST
Air conditioner quotes reach their height of popularity in the summer.
When there’s scorching heat during the day, it is hard to live a comfortable life.
So, with the summer around the corner, we thought it would be great to share some interesting air conditioning quotes.
To help you find the best quotes, we have created a list of the most popular air conditioner quotes.
Apart from this, we have also discussed the air conditioner and why it is so essential for us.
If interested, please continue reading!
When an Air Conditioner was Invented
The first ever air conditioner was invented by Willis Carrier in 1902.
Willis Carrier was an American engineer who invented a humidity control system for a printing plant in Brooklyn.
This particular air conditioner was based on different systems, including cooling, heating, and ventilation, to ensure a consistent temperature within given premises.
Afterward, Carrier started his own company named Carrier Corporation.
This company still stands among the major air conditioning unit manufacturers.
Why Air Conditioners are Essential
Apart from being a luxury, air conditioners can serve as an essential part of our lives.
Below are a few of the reasons why the air conditioner is so important:
- Sleep Quality
- Helps to enhance productivity
- Preservation of equipment
Air conditioning is a great invention that helps maintain a comfortable indoor temperature by controlling the heat and humidity levels.
Hence, making our homes and working spaces more comfortable and pleasant is essential.
An air conditioner also helps improve sleep quality by offering a comfortable and pleasant temperature.
The comfortable temperatures in the room ensure a restful and deeper sleep.
Air conditioning prevents the risk of heat-related physical or mental illnesses, including heat exhaustion, heat stroke, or stress.
In addition, air conditioning also improves indoor air quality.
This removes pollutants, allergens, and bacteria from the air, preventing respiratory issues.
Helps to Enhance Productivity
Air conditioners can serve as a great tool when it comes to enhancing productivity in workplaces.
Creating a pleasant and comfortable work environment helps our minds to work efficiently.
Preservation of Equipment
Certain pieces of equipment work only in a controlled environment.
Air conditioning helps to maintain the temperature of the premises where such equipment is installed.
After getting this essential and interesting information about Air Conditioners, let’s move into the main section that is related to quotes.
Top 10 Air Conditioner Quotes
Here we’ve curated and listed the top 10 quotes from our quotes compilation.
1. “There are no air conditioners in Hell.” — Fraser Young
2. “I love air conditioning and Starbucks.” — Hasan Minhaj
3. “You got shot at, and you still got me an air conditioner.” — Jennifer Crusie
4. “Many trees planted around a home reduce the need for air conditioning.” — Federico Pena
5. “The Arctic is the planet’s air conditioner, and it’s starting to break down.” — Eban Goodstein
6. “A computer is like air conditioning – it becomes useless when you open Windows.” — Linus Torvalds
7. “A true fascist is anyone who wants to take away my air conditioning or force me to ride a bike.” — David Harsanyi
8. “God has been replaced, as he has all over the West, with respectability and air conditioning.” — Amiri Baraka
9. “I do hate air conditioning and early mornings, but my friends all know this and plan accordingly.” — Carole Radziwill
10. “It’s meant for winter, but I use it most in the summer when everyone cranks up the air-conditioning.” — Leslie Mann
Interesting Air Conditioner Quotes
These air conditioner quotes are fun to read. They are actually quite interesting.
11. “After high school, I had $2,000 saved, and I packed everything I could into my ’95 Nissan Sentra with no air-conditioning, and I drove out to L.A.” — Emayatzy E. Corinealdi
12. “We play at the world’s most beautiful beaches but in the world’s most challenging conditions. It is not like you play one match, and you go back to air conditioning. We do it all day long.” — Karch Kiraly
13. “When I grew up, there wasn’t air-conditioning or anything of that nature, and this old car had a wall thickness of about ten inches. So we had a little warmer house in the winter and a little cooler in the summer.” — Merle Haggard
14. “We have a group of friends of the museum who try to raise, if they can, periodically something to help us. Of course, the main thing about a building like this is its upkeep. It needs central heating, and it needs central air conditioning.” — Katherine Dunham
15. “I am a huge supporter of cash for caulkers – which allows people to make improvements for energy efficient in their homes. We should do the same for Americans purchasing appliances and computers and, for that matter, new air-conditioners and heating units.” — Harold Ford, Jr.
16. “I believe there is no such thing as a subordinate. If the air-conditioning ceases to work in our building, then the repair technician becomes more important than the chairman of the board. We’re all people working together toward a common objective.” — Mary Kay Ash
17. “When people really hate one another, the tension within them can sometimes make itself felt throughout a room, like atmospheric waves, first hot, then cold, wafted backward and forwards as if in an invisible process of air conditioning, creating a pervasive physical disturbance.” — Anthony Powell
18. “Current lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class…involving high meat intake, consumption of large amounts of frozen and convenience foods, ownership of motor vehicles, golf courses, small electric appliances, home, and workplace air-conditioning, and suburban housing are not sustainable…” — Maurice Strong
19. “Having played many roles of scientific intellect I do have an empathy for that world. It’s been hard on me because flying the Enterprise for seven years in Star Trek and sitting in Cerebro in X-men has led people to believe that I know what I’m talking about. But I’m still trying to work out how to operate the air conditioning unit on my car.” — Patrick Stewart
20. “Good design, when it’s done well, becomes invisible. It’s only when it’s done poorly that we notice it. Think of it like a room’s air conditioning. We only notice it when it’s too hot, too cold, making too much noise, or the unit is dripping on us. Yet, if the air conditioning is perfect, nobody says anything, and we focus, instead, on the task at hand.” — Jared Spool
Air Conditioner Quotes that Show Amazing Facts
The following quotes are based on facts about air conditioners. You will learn a lot from the below-mentioned quotes.
21. “Eventually, we can get to a system where an electric company will be able to hold back some of the power so that maybe your air conditioner won’t operate at its peak.” — Carol Browner
22. “It was luxuries like air conditioning that brought down the Roman Empire. With air conditioning, their windows were shut, they couldn’t hear the barbarians coming.” — Garrison Keillor
23. “I’m a professional actor. If I was a plumber, I wouldn’t just do my plumbing in Beverly Hills bathrooms; I’d like to install air conditioning units and a few other things.” — Leslie Nielsen
24. “The answer is simple. If we lose the world’s forests, we lose the fight against climate change. Rainforests are our Earth’s greatest utility – our planet’s lungs, thermostat, and air-conditioning system.” — Michael Somare
25. “I think that what we need to do is we need to think about what scale makes sense for dealing with our need to live within a habitable zone and to do so without using air conditioning and heating in a way that is so incredibly expensive to the environment.” — Jonathon Keats
26. “What you do is you say, fine, you want to go to Mexico or some other country, good luck. We wish you a lot of luck. But if you think you’re going to make your air conditioners or your cars or your cookies or whatever you make and bring them into our country without a tax, you’re wrong.” — Donald Trump
27. “My family lived off the land, and summer evening meals featured baked stuffed tomatoes, potato salad, corn on the cob, fresh shelled peas, and homemade ice cream with strawberries from our garden. With no air conditioning in those days, the cool porch was the center of our universe after the scorching days.” — David Mixner
28. “Ultimately, if you think about all the youth that everybody has mentioned here in Africa, if everybody is raising living standards to the point where everybody has got a car, and everybody has got air conditioning, and everybody has got a big house, well, the planet will boil over – unless we find new ways of producing energy.” — Barack Obama
29. “Better use of space, improving the insulation, getting more daylight into the buildings, reducing the energy consumption of the air conditioning and heating systems, making sure that the internal air quality is good, that we have increased natural ventilation opportunities in the mid seasons. You know these are some of the things we can do.” — Ken Yeang
30. “The skylines lit up in the dead of night, the air-conditioning systems cooling empty hotels in the desert, and artificial light in the middle of the day all have something both demented and admirable about them. The mindless luxury of a rich civilization, and yet of a civilization perhaps as scared to see the lights go out as was the hunter in his primitive night.” — Jean Baudrillard
Comic Air Conditioner Quote
Following are witty and humorous air conditioner quotes that can bring a smile to your face and add a playful touch to any setting.
31. “Between the Pope and air conditioning, I’d choose air conditioning.” — Woody Allen
32. “Here’s a thought for sweatshop owners: Air Conditioning. Problem solved.” — Mitch Hedberg
33. “In Mexico, an air conditioner is called a politician because it makes a lot of noise but doesn’t work very well.” — Len Deighton
34. “The air conditioning in Lamborghinis used to be an asthmatic sitting in the dashboard blowing at you through a straw.” — Jeremy Clarkson
35. “For the first time in history, my community has had to use air conditioners. Imagine that, air conditioners in the Arctic.” — Sheila Watt-Cloutier
36. “I have vocal trouble from time to time associated with sleep or wine! Or from sleeping in a bunk the size of a coffin and breathing in bus air conditioning all day.” — Brandi Carlile
37. “America is a great country. I’ve been in the south, in the center, and in the north. I like it. Americans are very good people. There’s just too much air-conditioning.” — Mario Balotelli
38. “I remember the lights turning into blurs of blazing fire. I remember the air-conditioning chilling my arms. The smell of coffee smudging into the smell of eucalyptus.” — Lucy Christopher
39. “I turned my air conditioner the other way around, and it got cold out. The weatherman said, ‘I don’t understand it. It was supposed to be 80 degrees out today.’ I said, oops.” — Steven Wright
40. “We called the Weather Bureau and found out what historically was the hottest day of the summer…So we scheduled the hearing that day, and bingo, it was the hottest day of record in Washington, or close to it…we went in the night before and opened all the windows…so that the air conditioning wasn’t working inside the room.” — Tim Wirth
Air Conditioner Quotes Highlighting the Benefits
The following quotes highlight the benefits that we get from air conditioners.
41. “Forests are the world’s air-conditioning system – the lungs of the planet, and we are on the verge of switching it off.” — Prince Charles
42. “Does it make more sense to provide air conditioning or to limit CO2 emissions? I vote for more air conditioning in these susceptible regions.” — Judith Curry
43. “I have an idea for sweatshops: air conditioning! That’s simple. Are 14-year-old boys working twelve-hour days? ‘Yeah, but they’re comfortable!’” — Mitch Hedberg
44. “You take for granted the details that make something look real. It can still look fabulous, but if you add a light switch, a vent, or the notion of air conditioning, it can look real.” — James Pearse Connelly
45. “At the Last Supper, how come no one sat on the other side of the table? See, I think originally there were people sitting on the other side, but those were the people going, You know, the air conditioning hits me right on the back on the neck.” — Gilbert Gottfried
46. “There are always things I have to remove. I might look at a shot for five months when somebody new to the screening room will say, ‘hey, there’s a modern air conditioner in that window.’ It’s a process.” — Todd Haynes
47. “All you have to do is take a look at Carrier air conditioning in Indianapolis. They left – fired 1,400 people. They’re going to Mexico. So many hundreds and hundreds of companies are doing this. We cannot let it happen.” — Donald Trump
48. “I grew up in northern California, where it was consistently in the hundreds in the summertime. My dad didn’t think he should have to turn on the air conditioning when we had a swimming pool in our backyard; it was our built-in air conditioner.” — Summer Sanders
49. “When air conditioning, escalators, and advertising appeared, shopping expanded its scale, but also limited its spontaneity. And it became much more predictable, almost scientific. What had once been the most surprising became the most manipulated.” — Rem Koolhaas
50. “Freud thought he was bringing the plague to the U.S.A., but the U.S.A. has victoriously resisted the psychoanalytical frost by real deep freezing, by mental and sexual refrigeration. They have countered the black magic of the Unconscious with the white magic of “doing your own thing,” air conditioning, sterilization, mental frigidity, and the cold media of information.” — Jean Baudrillard
Which of these Air Conditioner Quotes is your Favorite?
After going through our collection of air conditioner quotes, you might have found one that inspires you the most.
If you have already come across your favorite air conditioner quotes, do share them with us via the comments section.
All the quotes mentioned above are carefully curated to offer you only the most relevant and authentic quotes.
A few of these quotes are funny too.
You can share these quotes with your friends and family without hesitation.
If you have any suggestions, don’t forget to give us feedback.
We would love to hear from you.