Brother and Sister Quotes Celebrating Unbreakable Bonds
May 15, 2023 6:00 AM EST
This brother and sister quotes collection will help you appreciate your siblings.
In a world where heroes soar through the pages of comic books and across the silver screen, another breed of extraordinary beings exists—the dynamic duos known as brothers and sisters.
Like caped crusaders and masked vigilantes, they stand side by side, facing life’s challenges with unmatched bravery and unwavering support.
You may also enjoy our article on:
As Stan Lee, the legendary creator of superheroes, once said, “Family isn’t just about whose blood you have. It’s about who you care about, who you protect, and who you would do anything for.”
Join us as we explore the epic tales of teamwork, resilience, and unbreakable familial love that resonate in siblings.
Share some of your favorite sibling stories in the comment section below.
Research from the University of Cambridge found that siblings who have a positive relationship with each other have a greater sense of personal well-being.
Get inspired by brother and sister quotes highlighting the joy and comfort siblings can bring!
What are the benefits of reading these brother and sister quotes?
In all areas of our lives, whether we are going through a difficult time or a happy patch, our brothers and sisters will play a major role in keeping us grounded.
They will always be there with you to:
- face whatever life sends
- teach you
- keep you safe and sound
Siblings have an enormous impact on our lives.
Sometimes we may take them for granted.
However, they shape our lives and character tremendously.
The bond with your brothers and sisters is important not only in childhood but over the course of your lifetime.
For some of us, “siblings may be the only people we’ll ever know who truly qualify as partners for life.”
To celebrate this unbreakable bond, below is our collection of inspirational, sweet, and beautiful brother and sister quotes, brother and sister sayings, and brother and sister proverbs collected from various sources over the years.
Don’t forget to read these hilarious sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Brother and sister quotes celebrating unbreakable bonds
A study from the University of Toronto showed that people who have a close relationship with their siblings report higher levels of life satisfaction.
Find Brother and Sister quotes that speak to the fulfillment that comes from having siblings who are also close friends.
1. “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” – Isadora James
You will also enjoy our article on nephew quotes.
2. “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherish relationships.” ― Wes Adamson
You will also enjoy our article on family quotes and sayings.
3. “When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?” – Pam Brown
You will also enjoy our article on blended family quotes.
4. “I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends.” – James Boswell
You will also enjoy our article on parents quotes and sayings.
5. “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life.” – Suzie Huitt
You will also enjoy our article on ken kaneki quotes.
6. “Growing up, I had a very normal relationship with my brother and sister. But, over time, they became my best friends, and now I hang out with them all the time. I’m very close to them.” – Logan Lerman
You will also enjoy our article on sister-in-law quotes.
7. “The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out of his nose.” – Garrison Keillor
8. “I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister; this makes me feel that I know always where I belong.” – Jose Carreras
9. “To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident — it is to have a soulmate for life.” – Victoria Secunda
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of relationship quotes celebrating real love.
10. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” – Amy Li
Brother and sister quotes celebrating unconditional love
Research from the University of Missouri found that having a sibling to confide in during childhood can help develop emotional intelligence and empathy.
Read Brother and Sister quotes that celebrate the unbreakable bond that siblings share, even in challenging times!
11. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” – Esther M. Friesner
12. “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day – that’s the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That’s the only reason I’m OK right now.” – Amaury Nolasco
13. “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.” – George R.R. Martin
You might also like these funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
14. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.” — Lemony Snicket
15. “My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder who’s memories belong to whom.” – Shannon Celebi
16. “A friend forgives quicker than an enemy, and family forgives quicker than a friend.” – Amit Kalantri
17. “Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers.” – Pam Brown
18. “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – Vietnamese Proverb
19. “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” – Jeffrey Kluger
20. “We didn’t even realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie the Pooh
Also check out these inspirational brotherhood quotes about the beauty family and friendship.
Brother and sister quotes to help you appreciate your siblings
21. “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
22. “Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends.” – Kim Kardashian
23. “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” – Edwin Markham
24. “Siblings: As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn’t care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there!” – Catherine Pulsifer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sibling quotes to cherish your BFF by blood!
25. “After a girl is grown, her little brothers – now her protectors – seem like big brothers.” – Terri Guillemets
26. “Girls will be your friends – they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends.” – Marilyn Monroe
27. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” – Pam Brown
28. “The best thing about having four big brothers is you always have someone to do something for you.” — Chloe Moretz
29. “If thy brother wrongs thee, remember not so much his wrong-doing, but more than ever that he is thy brother.” Epictetus
30. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double.” – Toni Morrison
You might also like these cousin quotes that perfectly describe your bond.
Brother and sister quotes celebrating a long-lasting bond
31. “I know it’s a cliché, but the whole family is just whacked. I mean, we’re all out of our minds. They’re the funniest, most eccentric bizarre people I’ve ever met, my siblings.” – Dana Carvey
32. “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring quite often the hard way.” — Pamela Dugdale
33. “There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love from a brother.” – Astrid Alauda
34. “He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal.” – Gregg Levoy
35. “We may look old and wish to the outside world, but to each other, we are still in junior school.” – Charlotte Gray
You might also like these sister quotes they need to hear and will not forget.
36. “We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don’t judge.” – Adriana Trigiani
37. “Siblings are branches of a tree some stay close some go in different directions they fruit, grow bigger till they die and fall.” – The Omani Shed
38. “We will find true peace only when we learn to see that there is no difference among ourselves, realize that we are different manifestations of one, and we love each other as brother and sister.” ― Debasish Mridha
39. “Sisterly love is, of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions.” – Ugo Betti
40. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
Don’t forget to also read these sisterhood quotes to share with your tribe
More brother and sister quotes to celebrate an enduring relationship
41. “I think people that have a brother or sister don’t realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there’s always somebody there, somebody that’s family.” – Trey Parker
42. “I have siblings. And there are certain things I know that I can push their buttons. And they know they have certain things where they can push mine.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
43. “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.” – James Patterson
44. “A sister is someone who owns part of what you own: a house, perhaps, or a less tangible legacy, like memories of your childhood and the experience of your family.” – Deborah Tannen
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.
45. “Brothers and sisters separated by distance joined by love.” – Chuck Danes
46. “What sets sisters apart from brothers and also from friends is a very intimate mashing of heart, soul and the mystical cords of memory.” – Carol Saline
47. “Look how good and how pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!” – Psalm 133:1
48. “One can be a brother only in something. Where there is no tie that binds men, men are not united but merely lined up.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
49. “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
50. “We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let’s go hand in hand, not one before another.” – William Shakespeare
Brother and sister quotes that you can relate to
51. “I may fight with my siblings. But once you lay a finger on them, you’ll be facing me.”– Abby Slater
52. “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were, we know each other’s hearts, we share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” -Clara Ortega
53. “Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being a part of you.”– Carol Ann Albright Eastman
54. “In some ways, siblings, and especially sisters, are more influential in your childhood than your parents.”– Deborah Tannen
55. “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.”– Maya Angelou
56. “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.”– Terri Guillemets
57. “More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.”– Linda Sunshine
58. “Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can.”– Gregory E. Lang
59. “That’s the best part of having siblings, I laugh. Half the time, you want to kill each other, but you’d kill for each other, too.” -L.C. Davis
60. “There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother…Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.”– Anna Quindlen
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of parents quotes about family and support.
More Brother and Sister Quotes and Sayings
61. “A sister is both your mirror and your opposite.” — Elizabeth Fishel
62. “Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.” — Charles M. Schulz
63. “What strange creatures brothers are!” — Jane Austen
64. “A ministering angel shall my sister be.” — William Shakespeare
65. “God blesses him who helps his brother.” — Abu Bakr
66. “What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?” — James DeVries
67. “Never make a companion equal to a brother.” — Hesiod
68. “There’s no better friend than a sister.” — Mary Engelbreit
69. “The ones that stay with you through everything — they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world.” — Marilyn Monroe
70. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” — Marion C. Garretty
Brother And Sister Quotes About Being There For Each Other
71. “Our brothers and sisters are with us for the whole journey.” — Katherine Conger
72. “Brothers and sisters get angry with each other, they at times say mean things, but in the long run they watch out for each other, even though they would never admit it.” — Kate Summers
73. “That’s the function of big brothers – to help their little sisters when their worlds are collapsing.” — Susan Beth Pfeffer
74. “Sister and brothers are amazing, one minute they hate each other and the next minute they are best buddies.” — Robert Rivers
75. “It is the brothers and sisters who teach one another the lifelong lessons of getting along – or not.” — Jane Isay
76. “A big sister acts as a friend, listener and advisor to her little brothers and sisters.” — Catherine Pulsifer
77. “We are one world, one race, we are all in the end brothers and sisters…human.” — Ofelia Armendarez
78. “During life’s journey you will find most sisters and brothers are friends, companions, and support for each other.” — Kate Summers
79. “There is no bond like the bond between brothers and sisters. Cherish each other!” — Particia Waldron
80. “Always and no matter what brothers and sisters are there for each other in times of troubles.” — Catherine Pulsifer
Brother and Sister Quotes That Will Make You Admire Their Bond
81. “Our brothers and sisters bring us face to face with our former selves and remind us how intricately bound up we are in each other’s lives.” ― Jane Mersky Leder
82. “Do you know what friendship is… it is to be brother and sister; two souls which touch without mingling, two fingers on one hand.” ― Victor Hugo
83. “As your brother, I always know that you my sister look out for me. And as your younger brother I also know you will always be older than me.” ― Theodore W. Higginsworth
84. “Brothers and sisters can provide the most encouragement and support when life’s trials get us down. Talk to them!” ― Catherine Pulsifer
85. “Brothers and sisters learn how to get along with the rest of the world by learning how to get along with each other.” ― Dr Wilson Jay Tyree
86. “No matter what your age difference, your brothers and sisters could become your best friends and will always be there for you.” ― TD Styles
87. “We can drop or change our friends and our partners, but we cannot fully discard, relationally or psychologically, a brother or sister.” ― Geoffrey Greif
88. “Like brothers and sisters in a nuclear family, the world family must transcend war and establish peace in our difficult and beautiful civilization.” ― David H. Rosen
89. “Since parents are the role model, you’ll hear your child speak to his sister or brother using your words and tone of voice.” ― Laura Markham
90. “Your sister and brother probably know you better than any other person…. You and they go through life together – or at least that is the way it is supposed to be.” ― Henry Abramovitch
Brother And Sister Quotes That Tighten Their Bond
91. “The best sibling you can have is a brother or sister who pushes you to 10X levels of success!” — Grant Cardone
92. “Brothers and sisters are one of the constant things in the lives of many people.” — Richard Branson
93. “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” — Charlotte Gray
94. “You must recognize that the way to get the good out of your brother and your sister is not to return evil for evil.” — Louis Farrakhan
95. “You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories.” — Deborah Moggach.
96. “Siblings have a unique relationship. They share a secret language. They are family, tied together by kinship throughout life. — Kenneth J. Doka
97. “But being a brother or a sister (if you are lucky enough) is the role of a lifetime.” — Holly Goldberg Sloan
98. “Siblings are a volume of childhood memories; a nostalgia that cannot be easily deleted.” — Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
99. “No life’s worth more than any other, no sister worth less than any brother.” — Michael Franti
100. “We acquire friends, and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory.” — Evelyn Loeb.
Brother and Sister Quotes About Growing Up Together
101. “Nothing can stop me from loving my brother.” ― Brandy Norwood
102. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” ― Benjamin Disraeli
103. “Being his real brother I could feel I live in his shadows, but I never have and I do not now. I live in his glow.” ― Michael Morpurgo
104. “The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.” ― Jane Austen
105. “I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see, I sought my god, but my god eluded me; And then I sought my sisters and my brothers, and in them I found all three.” ― Baba Amte
106. “Just before my final year of high school, my brother, sister and I moved with my mother to San Francisco.” ― Eric Allin Cornell
107. “Never become too busy for your brother or your sister. For when your parents die, it is your hearts alone that will realize how the joys and pains of family have shaped your lives.” ― Laura Ramirez
108. “A Brother may not be a Friend, but a Friend will always be a Brother.” ― Benjamin Franklin
109. “My oldest brother was a big influence on the films I watched as a kid.” ― Sean William Scott
110. “Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.” ― Louise Glück
Brother and Sister Quotes To Look Out for Each Other
111. “Sisters are the true friends who ask how you are, and then wait to hear the answer.” — Jill Shalvis
112. “Brothers need sisters, sisters need brothers / All need the master, gotta stay together / Haven’t got a friend, and your world is caving in / The world will know how far we’ve come / When the children are as.” — Willie B. Williams Jr.
113. “My brother is my best friend and nothing is stronger than family.” — Robert Cheeke
114. “But remember, brothers and sisters / You can still stand tall / Just be thankful / For what you got.” — O’Shea Jackson
115. “Sisterhood is a powerful metaphor; it ought not become a synonym for groupthink.” — Kathleen Hall Jamieson
116. “Be kind to thy sister. Not many may know the depths of true sisterly love.” — Margaret Ann Courtney
117. “Being sister and brother means being there for each other.” — Shellygb
118. “When you deal with your brother, be pleasant, but get a witness.” — Hesiod
119. “People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction. Yet true happiness comes from a sense of brotherhood and sisterhood.” — Dalai Lama
120. “A sister should set her brother up with one of her friends, unless her only friend is her sister.” — Jarod Kintz
Which of these brother and sister quotes was your favorite?
The relationship with your siblings is one of the most important in life.
Though things may change as you grow older, never let time weaken this unconditional love.
You have a special bond with your siblings because you share the same family, the same home, and the same childhood.
Even as you move on with each other’s lives, your brothers and sisters remind you of those happy and carefree days.
Hopefully, the quotes above have inspired you to nourish that bond.
Did you enjoy these brother and sister quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.