The Ali Wong quotes listed in this article can serve as a great tool to enlighten your mood.
Reading these quotes can help you lower stress and feel lighthearted.
In addition to the quotes, you’ll learn about the early life and career of Ali Wong.
We hope you will enjoy reading this article.
If interested, please continue reading!
You may also enjoy these related articles:
A Brief Intro to Ali Wong
Ali Wong is a famous stand-up comedian, writer, and actress.
She has become a trailblazer in the showbiz and entertainment industry.
Wong is famous for her humor on taboo subjects and unique storytelling skills.
She also makes funny faces and acts clumsy while performing stand-up comedy shows.
Her comedy sometimes depicts situations she faced during her childhood as an Asian-American.
Ali Wong was born in 1982 in San Francisco, California.
She belonged to a working-class family and had a Chinese-Vietnamese heritage.
She got her early education from San Francisco University High School.
This was when she got indulged in performing and acting.
Furthermore, Wong also studied at UCLA, majoring in Asian American studies.
After her graduation, Wong worked numerous odd jobs.
In the end, Wong finally decided to choose comedy as a career.
Popularity and Career Breakthrough
Wong experienced the first breakthrough in her comedy career in the mid-2000s.
This was when she started performing stand-up comedy in major clubs in San Francisco clubs.
She moved to New York City in 2011.
There, she started to perform at the most prestigious clubs in the country, including the Comedy Cellar.
However, her big break came in 2016.
It was the time when she released “Baby Cobra,” which was her first Netflix special.
After “Baby Cobra,” Wong also Launched two more Netflix specials, including:
- “Hard Knock Wife” (2018)
- “Ali Wong: Dear Girls” (2019)
Some of her TV shows also include:
- “Always Be My Maybe” (2019)
- “Birds of Prey” (2020)
Wong’s Unique Comedy
The most distinctive approach associated with Wong’s comedy is her ability to handle taboo subjects without hesitation.
Besides, she also dares to talk about controversial topics.
Her Asian-American background also influences her style.
Top 5 Ali Wong Quotes
Here we go with the compilation of the top 5 quotes from American stand-up comedian and actress Ali Wong.
1. “My husband’s chill.” — Ali Wong
2. “I don’t want to be that famous.” — Ali Wong
3. “I think Asian men are beautiful.” — Ali Wong
4. “All I ever wanted to do was tell jokes for a living.” — Ali Wong
5. “When you have a child, you think about your own mortality.” — Ali Wong
Ali Wong Quotes on Comics
Wong shares her deepest thoughts on comics in these inspiring quotes.
6. “It’s very rare and unusual to see a female comic perform pregnant.” — Ali Wong
7. “In order to be the best comic, you have to perform in a wide diversity of rooms.” — Ali Wong
8. “I think one of the hardest things to talk about as a comic is having money because it’s so unrelatable.” — Ali Wong
9. “Every comic is taught that you’re supposed to have a great seven-minute set and then get a sitcom. And I don’t want to get the sitcom.” — Ali Wong
10. “That’s the difference between a great comic and a bad comic – one has great instincts and has a lot of compassion and can feel what’s right and what’s wrong.” — Ali Wong
Ali Wong Quotes on Stand-Up
In this section, Ali Wong discusses stand-up, which is live humor performed by a comedian known as a stand-up comedian.
11. “Stand-up is no bureaucracy. No one can tell me what to do or not to do.” — Ali Wong
12. “The life of a true, traditional stand-up is really unappealing for women.” — Ali Wong
13. “At the end of the day, I’m not really trying to make a statement with any of my standups.” — Ali Wong
14. “Stand-up will always be my favorite and the most important thing that I do. I view everything else as free money.” — Ali Wong
15. “A lot of people get into stand-up as a back door into acting or something. But I really like writing jokes and telling jokes.” — Ali Wong
Comedic Ali Wong Quotes
Ali Wong explains her perspective on comedy in the following quotes.
16. “I always really loved comedy. It’s the only thing I was ever good at.” — Ali Wong
17. “Comedy has so much to do with honesty, and women can be more open about their emotions.” — Ali Wong
18. “Women, a lot of the time, are so much funnier than men, but they just choose not to do comedy for a living.” — Ali Wong
19. “Some people do specials, like, when they’ve only been doing comedy for three years or something. Which is fine! But I’m kind of old fashioned, and I knew that I didn’t want to do one too early.” — Ali Wong
20. “I liked that improv and sketch comedy were collaborative, but you really depended on other people and a stage to perform. With stand-up comedy, I liked that you had no one else to blame and depend on.” — Ali Wong
Comical Ali Wong Quotes
Get ready to laugh out loud with Ali Wong’s hilarious and witty quotes. Her unfiltered humor on motherhood, relationships, and life will leave you in stitches.
21. “Food is a huge source of comfort for me.” — Ali Wong
22. “Yoga is Simon says for adults who have lots of free time.” — Ali Wong
23. “DIY stands for “you should’ve married someone with more money.” ” — Ali Wong
24. “To be a trophy wife, you have to be a trophy. I am more of a commemorative plaque.” — Ali Wong
25. “It’s very rare that stand-up comics have kids because once they do, they stop doing stand-up.” — Ali Wong
Which One of these Ali Wong Quotes is your Favorite?
Since Ali Wong is a renowned comedian and actress, her quotes are also gaining popularity with each passing day.
She tries to depict real-life situations in her comedy and bravely handles various topics and situations.
Even the quotes associated with her are humorous enough to let you laugh to your fill.
If you have encountered an Ali Wong quote that is your favorite, share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.