Our latest collection of Richard Branson quotes to inspire success.
These Richard Branson quotes will help you grow to become the person you always wanted to be.
Who is Richard Branson?
Richard Branson is one of the most successful entrepreneurs of our time.
He has created a multi-billion-dollar empire, numerous charitable organizations, and written best-selling books.
He did all this while retaining his bohemian style of thinking and living life his way.
Everyone can learn something from Richard Branson quotes.
Richard Branson did poorly in school.
Most people thought that he would be a complete failure, but he believed in himself.
He started a magazine called Students.
The magazine quickly became successful.
Branson even interviewed huge stars such as Mick Jagger from the Rolling Stones.
Branson decide to start another business after the success of his magazine.
He started multiple successful record stores.
Soon after, Branson launched a new business called Virgin Records.
He used the name “Virgin” because he and his associates were new to the music publishing business.
Virgin Records went on to be one of the most successful record companies in the entire world.
The record company was known for signing controversial bands and artists that other record companies were too afraid to touch.
For instance, they signed The Sex Pistols.
As a result, Virgin Records was respected by music fans.
Most people would have been satisfied with two successful businesses, but Richard Branson is an ambitious, hard working man.
His ambition, work ethic, and creativity made him one of the richest men in the world.
Branson created many companies under the “Virgin” label including Virgin Atlantic Airlines, Virgin Blue, and Virgin Mobile.
These companies span multiple industries, but all of them are successful.
Branson knew that the industry didn’t matter as long as he ran the company well.
Richard Branson sold Virgin Records in order to fund Virgin Atlantic Airlines when the company was taking a loss.
He sold Virgin Records for over $500 million.
Richard Branson is active in a number of other pursuits besides business.
For instance, he set up an environmental prize called the Virgin Earth Challenge that provides millions of dollars to anyone or any group that can provide a product that safely removes toxic green gasses from the atmosphere.
Richard Branson has broken multiple boating world records.
In addition, he’s appeared in numerous television shows and movies.
For instance, he appeared in the James Bond movie, Casino Royale.
Unsurprisingly, Branson has helped out with and even started philanthropic organizations.
He also remains active in politics and even fasted for three days to protest the oppressive Sudanese government.
Richard Branson leads an incredible life.
He helps others and succeeds in nearly every area imaginable.
Everyone can learn something from these Richard Branson quotes.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and intelligent Richard Branson quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also, check out these Daymond John quotes for further motivation.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Richard Branson Quotes about leadership
1. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: Don’t let people dictate what you can and can not do. Do the things you dream of, and if you fall down—get up and try again. Babies don’t stop trying to walk just because they fall down, the persevere and keep going.
You will also enjoy our article on business motivational quotes.
2. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: Failures are not an embarrassment. They are proof that you attempted something. Even if you don’t succeed there is a lesson there that can help you next time. You might even have to adjust your goals, and implement new ideas, but the only real failure is in giving up.
3. “If you want to be a Millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline.” – Richard Branson
4. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: Don’t beat yourself up if you miss out on or fail at an opportunity. If it is meant for you, then another one will come along. Especially, if you are out looking for one! Check out this article about finding business opportunities and entrepreneurship.
5. “Right now I’m just delighted to be alive and to have had a nice long bath.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: There is always something to be grateful about, including just being alive. It is not always easy to find gratitude, especially when things are rough. It can take practice to learn how to look for something to be grateful about, but you can learn to do it. This article will help!
6. “One thing is certain in business. You and everyone around you will make mistakes.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: Mistakes are inevitable. They are also valuable teachers. Mistakes teach us what does not work, so we can continue to find what does work. Keep making those mistakes, they are part of life.
7. “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: If you are an entrepreneur these are wise words. However, even if you are not a business owner, remember that life is also meant to be fun. Your creative instincts will help you to live a full life and achieve your wildest dreams.
8. “My philosophy is that if I have any money I invest it in new ventures and not have it sitting around.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: Investing is a smart move for your financial future. However, it isn’t as easy as just picking something and throwing money at it. There are several apps out now that can help you navigate the world of investing. This article is a good place to start.
9. “You never know with these things when you’re trying something new what can happen. This is all experimental.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: This is a great way to take some of the pressure off when trying new things. You don’t have to look at things in the sense of success and failure. You can look at your efforts and experiences as an experiment. Be as prepared as you can be when you decide to take a risk. Then just go with it!
10. “Although my spelling is still sometimes poor, I have managed to overcome the worst of my difficulties through training myself to concentrate.” – Richard Branson
Richard Branson quotes to inspire success
11. “The balloons only have one life and the only way of finding out whether they work is to attempt to fly around the world.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: Every time you get the chance to soar and spread your wings—do it! We also only have one life, and the only way to find out what you are capable of, is to give your dreams the opportunity to flourish.
12. “For a successful entrepreneur it can mean extreme wealth. But with extreme wealth comes extreme responsibility. And the responsibility for me is to invest in creating new businesses, create jobs, employ people, and to put money aside to tackle issues where we can make a difference.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: Most of us do not have this kind of wealth. However, that does not mean that we can not invest in the people around us. Do you have a small business? Are their ways you can help your community out? After all, most of these things would be tax deductible. If you do not own a small business, try going a little outside your comfort zone and assist the people around you.
13. “Through the right people focusing on the right things, we can, in time, get on top of a lot if not most of the problems of this world. And that’s what a number of us are trying to do.” – Richard Branson
14. “Well, I think that there’s a very thin dividing line between success and failure. And I think if you start a business without financial backing, you’re likely to go the wrong side of that dividing line.” – Richard Branson
15. “My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day. I never do anything with a feeling of, ‘Oh God, I’ve got to do this today.'” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: This is truly the best way to live life! One of the best ways to get to this level is to practice gratitude. Instead of saying “Oh God, I’ve got to work 10 hours today,” try saying, “I get to spend 10 hours making money that is going to help me get central air in my house!” If you really hate your job, then don’t complain about having to go there. Instead, find something you like more or start your own business!
16. “The jet stream is a very strong force and pushing a balloon into it is like pushing up against a brick wall, but once we got into it, we found that, remarkably, the balloon went whatever speed the wind went.” – Richard Branson
17. “So I’ve seen life as one long learning process. And if I see – you know, if I fly on somebody else’s airline and find the experience is not a pleasant one, which it wasn’t in – 21 years ago, then I’d think, well, you know, maybe I can create the kind of airline that I’d like to fly on.” – Richard Branson
18. “My mother was determined to make us independent. When I was four years old, she stopped the car a few miles from our house and made me find my own way home across the fields. I got hopelessly lost.” – Richard Branson
More Richard Branson Quotes about opportunity
19. “To me, business isn’t about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It’s about being true to yourself, your ideas and focusing on the essentials.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: The business of life is a lot like this, too! Be true to yourself and your dreams. This also means focusing on the essentials like the way you think and speak to yourself, the amount of effort you put in, and the attitude you choose when things do not go as planned.
20. “Well, the odds must be against anybody being able to fly around the world in a balloon on the first attempt. All of us who are attempting to go around the world in balloons are effectively flying in experimental craft because these craft cannot be tested.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: Nothing is truly impossible! believe in yourself and trust that if you can think it then you can do it! Your early attempts might not work out like you plan, but learn and persevere and you will eventually get there. Or your work will be used to help someone else!
21. “I believe in benevolent dictatorship provided I am the dictator.” – Richard Branson
22. “You get the idea. Every business, like a painting, operates according to its own rules. There are many ways to run a successful company. What works once may never work again. What everyone tells you never to do may just work, once. There are no rules. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over, and it’s because you fall over that you learn to save yourself from falling over. It’s the greatest thrill in the world and it runs away screaming at the first sight of bullet points.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: Failure is learning through trial and error. Each failure is a chance to evaluate what went wrong (more importantly what went right). Find your rhythm and don’t let fear of failure hold you back!
23. “I was dyslexic, I had no understanding of schoolwork whatsoever. I certainly would have failed IQ tests. And it was one of the reasons I left school when I was 15 years old. And if I – if I’m not interested in something, I don’t grasp it.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: There is not one single path to success. Branson and Einstein both struggled with traditional forms of education. Do not short change yourself because you might not fit the mold that people think success comes from. Be your authentic self and realize that the only limits that matter are the ones you place upon yourself.
24. “I wanted to be an editor or a journalist, I wasn’t really interested in being an entrepreneur, but I soon found I had to become an entrepreneur in order to keep my magazine going.” – Richard Branson
25. “I never get the accountants in before I start up a business. It’s done on gut feeling, especially if I can see that they are taking the mickey out of the consumer.” – Richard Branson
Everyday Application: Your gut instinct can be strong! Listen to it. Maybe, get some expert help if you feel you need it. Don’t just ignore your inner call to do something!
26. “I cannot remember a moment in my life when I have not felt the love of my family. We were a family that would have killed for each other – and we still are.” – Richard Branson
Which of these Richard Branson quotes was your favorite?
Richard Branson became known for his ambitious, sometimes risky or unique business ideas and ventures.
The risks that he made paid off.
We all can learn something from Richard Branson’s words.
Hopefully, the above quotes have given you the courage to go for what you believe in.
Did you enjoy these Richard Branson quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
June 9, 2022 5:00 AM EST