Our latest collection of Richard Branson quotes to inspire success. These Richard Branson quotes will help you grow to become the person you always wanted to be.
Who is Richard Branson?
Richard Branson is one of the most successful entrepreneurs of our time. He has created a multi-billion-dollar empire, numerous charitable organizations, and written best-selling books. He did all this while retaining his bohemian style of thinking and living life his way. Everyone can learn something from Richard Branson quotes.
The magazine quickly became successful. Branson even interviewed huge stars such as Mick Jagger from the Rolling Stones. Branson decide to start another business after the success of his magazine. He started multiple successful record stores.
Soon after, Branson launched a new business called Virgin Records. He used the name “Virgin” because he and his associates were new to the music publishing business. Virgin Records went on to be one of the most successful record companies in the entire world.
The record company was known for signing controversial bands and artists that other record companies were too afraid to touch. For instance, they signed The Sex Pistols. As a result, Virgin Records was respected by music fans.
Most people would have been satisfied with two successful businesses, but Richard Branson is an ambitious, hard working man. His ambition, work ethic, and creativity made him one of the richest men in the world.
Branson created many companies under the “Virgin” label including Virgin Atlantic Airlines, Virgin Blue, and Virgin Mobile. These companies span multiple industries, but all of them are successful. Branson knew that the industry didn’t matter as long as he ran the company well.
Richard Branson sold Virgin Records in order to fund Virgin Atlantic Airlines when the company was taking a loss. He sold Virgin Records for over $500 million.
Richard Branson is active in a number of other pursuits besides business. For instance, he set up an environmental prize called the Virgin Earth Challenge that provides millions of dollars to anyone or any group that can provide a product that safely removes toxic green gasses from the atmosphere.
Richard Branson has broken multiple boating world records. In addition, he’s appeared in numerous television shows and movies. For instance, he appeared in the James Bond movie, Casino Royale.
Unsurprisingly, Branson has helped out with and even started philanthropic organizations. He also remains active in politics and even fasted for three days to protest the oppressive Sudanese government.
Richard Branson leads an incredible life. He helps others and succeed in nearly every area imaginable. Everyone can learn something from Richard Branson quotes.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and intelligent Richard Branson quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Also check out these Daymond John quotes for further motivation.
Richard Branson Quotes about leadership
1. “You get the idea. Every business, like a painting, operates according to its own rules. There are many ways to run a successful company. What works once may never work again. What everyone tells you never to do may just work, once. There are no rules. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over, and it’s because you fall over that you learn to save yourself from falling over. It’s the greatest thrill in the world and it runs away screaming at the first sight of bullet points.” – Richard Branson
2. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over. – Richard Branson
3. Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again. – Richard Branson
4. Well, the odds must be against anybody being able to fly around the world in a balloon on the first attempt. All of us who are attempting to go around the world in balloons are effectively flying in experimental craft because these craft cannot be tested. – Richard Branson
5. A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts. – Richard Branson
6. For a successful entrepreneur it can mean extreme wealth. But with extreme wealth comes extreme responsibility. And the responsibility for me is to invest in creating new businesses, create jobs, employ people, and to put money aside to tackle issues where we can make a difference. – Richard Branson
7. The balloons only have one life and the only way of finding out whether they work is to attempt to fly around the world. – Richard Branson
8. My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day. I never do anything with a feeling of, ‘Oh God, I’ve got to do this today.’ – Richard Branson
9. One thing is certain in business. You and everyone around you will make mistakes. – Richard Branson
10. I never get the accountants in before I start up a business. It’s done on gut feeling, especially if I can see that they are taking the mickey out of the consumer. – Richard Branson
Richard Branson quotes to inspire success
11. If you want to be a Millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline. – Richard Branson
12. Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming. – Richard Branson
13. Through the right people focusing on the right things, we can, in time, get on top of a lot if not most of the problems of this world. And that’s what a number of us are trying to do. – Richard Branson
14. Well, I think that there’s a very thin dividing line between success and failure. And I think if you start a business without financial backing, you’re likely to go the wrong side of that dividing line. – Richard Branson
15. Right now I’m just delighted to be alive and to have had a nice long bath. – Richard Branson
16. The jet stream is a very strong force and pushing a balloon into it is like pushing up against a brick wall, but once we got into it, we found that, remarkably, the balloon went whatever speed the wind went. – Richard Branson
17. So I’ve seen life as one long learning process. And if I see – you know, if I fly on somebody else’s airline and find the experience is not a pleasant one, which it wasn’t in – 21 years ago, then I’d think, well, you know, maybe I can create the kind of airline that I’d like to fly on. – Richard Branson
18. My mother was determined to make us independent. When I was four years old, she stopped the car a few miles from our house and made me find my own way home across the fields. I got hopelessly lost. – Richard Branson
More Richard Branson Quotes about opportunity
19. To me, business isn’t about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It’s about being true to yourself, your ideas and focusing on the essentials. – Richard Branson
20. ‘Although my spelling is still sometimes poor, I have managed to overcome the worst of my difficulties through training myself to concentrate.’ – Richard Branson
21. I believe in benevolent dictatorship provided I am the dictator. – Richard Branson
“What we are trying to do at Virgin is not to have one enormous company in one sector under one banner, but to have two hundred or even three hundred separate companies. Each company can stand on its own feet and, in that way, although we’ve got a brand that links them, if we were to have another tragedy such as that of 11 September – which hurt the airline industry – it would not bring the whole group crashing down.” – Richard Branson
22. My philosophy is that if I have any money I invest it in new ventures and not have it sitting around. – Richard Branson
23. I was dyslexic, I had no understanding of schoolwork whatsoever. I certainly would have failed IQ tests. And it was one of the reasons I left school when I was 15 years old. And if I – if I’m not interested in something, I don’t grasp it. – Richard Branson
24. I wanted to be an editor or a journalist, I wasn’t really interested in being an entrepreneur, but I soon found I had to become an entrepreneur in order to keep my magazine going. – Richard Branson
25. You never know with these things when you’re trying something new what can happen. This is all experimental. – Richard Branson
26. I cannot remember a moment in my life when I have not felt the love of my family. We were a family that would have killed for each other – and we still are. – Richard Branson
Which of these Richard Branson quotes was your favorite?
Richard Branson became known for his ambitious, sometimes risky or unique business ideas and ventures. The risks that he made paid off.
We all can learn something from Richard Branson’s words. Hopefully, the above quotes have given you the courage to go for what you believe in.
Did you enjoy these Richard Branson quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.