These Andy Warhol quotes will inspire you to look at the world differently today.
Artist, filmmaker, and photographer, Andy Warhol was born August 6, 1928. He learned to draw when he was eight and was stuck in bed due to an illness. After receiving his Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1949, Warhol moved to New York where he would become one of the most influential and well-known artists of the modern era.
What made Andy Warhol special?
Artists have a unique gift that allows them to see the world differently. These Andy Warhol quotes allow us a glimpse into the mind of the famous pop artist. Warhol saw beauty in everything. His paintings of simple, every day items like Coke bottles and Campbells soup cans would change the way the world saw the mundane.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and memorable Andy Warhol quotes and sayings, collected from various sources over the years.
Andy Warhol quotes about beauty
1. “Everything has it beauty, but not everyone sees it.” — Andy Warhol
2. “If you can convince yourself that you look fabulous, you can save yourself the trouble of primping.” — Andy Warhol
3. “I just do art because I’m ugly and there’s nothing else for me to do.” — Andy Warhol
4. “I can never get over when you’re on the beach how beautiful the sand looks and the water washes it away and straightens it up and the trees and the grass all look great. I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own.” — Andy Warhol
5. “When I did my self-portrait, I left all the pimples out because you always should. Pimples are a temporary condition and they don’t have anything to do with what you really look like. Always omit the blemishes – they’re not part of the good picture you want.” — Andy Warhol
6. “I always notice flowers.” — Andy Warhol
7. “Just because people throw it out and don’t have any use for it, doesn’t mean it’s garbage.” — Andy Warhol
8. “Beauty is a sign of intelligence.” – Andy Warhol
9. “I always hear myself saying, ‘She’s a beauty!’ or ‘He’s a beauty!’ or ‘What a beauty!’ but I never know what I’m talking about.” — Andy Warhol
Andy Warhol quotes about art
10. “An artist is somebody who produces things that people don’t need to have.” — Andy Warhol
11. “The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do.” — Andy Warhol
12. “The idea is not to live forever; it is to create something that will.” – Andy Warhol
13. “A picture means I know where I was every minute. That’s why I take pictures. It’s a visual diary.” – Andy Warhol
14. “I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want.” – Andy Warhol
15. “Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” – Andy Warhol
16. “But I’m afraid if you look at a thing long enough; it loses all of its meaning.” – Andy Warhol
17. “Don’t think about making art, just get it done.” – Andy Warhol
18. “Art is what you can get away with.” – Andy Warhol
Also check out these quotes from David Bowie will inspire you to live a life that is anything but boring.
Inspirational Andy Warhol quotes
19. “Everybody must have a fantasy.” — Andy Warhol
20. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” — Andy Warhol
21. “People need to be made more aware of the need to work at learning how to live because life is so quick and sometimes it goes away too quickly.” — Andy Warhol
22. “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” —Andy Warhol
23. “As soon as you stop wanting something, you get it.” — Andy Warhol
24. “Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, ‘So what.’ That’s one of my favorite things to say. ‘So what.'” — Andy Warhol
25. “The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting.” — Andy Warhol
26. “It’s not what you are that counts, it’s what they think you are.” – Andy Warhol
Interesting Andy Warhol quotes
27. “I like boring things.” — Andy Warhol
28. “I like to be the right thing in the wrong place and the wrong thing in the right place. Being the right thing in the wrong place and the wrong thing in the right place is worth it because something interesting always happens.” — Andy Warhol
29. “When I got my first television set, I stopped caring so much about having close relationships.” — Andy Warhol
30. “I don’t want to be smart, because being smart makes you depressed.” — Andy Warhol
31. “In the future, everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes.” – Andy Warhol
32. “People sometimes say that the way things happen in the movies is unreal, but actually, it’s the way things happen to you in life that’s unreal. The movies make emotions look strong and real, whereas when things really do happen to you, it’s like you’re watching television – you don’t feel anything.” – Andy Warhol
33. “Being born is like being kidnapped. And then sold into slavery.” – Andy Warhol
Wise Andy Warhol quotes
34. “Every song has a memory; every song has the ability to make or break your heart, shut down the heart, and open the eyes. But I’m afraid if you look at a thing long enough; it loses all of its meaning.” — Andy Warhol
35. “And your own life while it’s happening to you never has any atmosphere until it’s a memory.” — Andy Warhol
36. “Don’t pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.” — Andy Warhol
37. “You have to do stuff that average people don’t understand because those are the only good things.” – Andy Warhol
38. “I never fall apart, because I never fall together.” – Andy Warhol
39. “You need to let the little things that would ordinarily bore you suddenly thrill you.” — Andy Warhol
40. “People should fall in love with their eyes closed.” — Andy Warhol
41. “I think everybody should be nice to everybody.” — Andy Warhol
Have you seen these quotes from William Blake?
Andy Warhol quotes about humanity
42. “Sex is more exciting on the screen and between the pages than between the sheets.” — Andy Warhol
43. “I just happen to like ordinary things. When I paint them, I don’t try to make them extraordinary. I just try to paint them ordinary-ordinary.” – Andy Warhol
44. “Someday everybody will just think what they want to think, and then everybody will probably be thinking alike; that seems to be what is happening.” – Andy Warhol
45. “Fantasy love is much better than reality love. Never doing it is very exciting. The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet.” – Andy Warhol
46. “I wonder if it’s possible to have a love affair that lasts forever.” – Andy Warhol
47. “I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumors to my dogs.” — Andy Warhol
48. “When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can’t make them change if they don’t want to, just like when they do want to, you can’t stop them.” — Andy Warhol
49. “Why do people spend their time being sad when they could be happy?” — Andy Warhol
50. “I’m not afraid to die. I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” — Andy Warhol
Do these Andy Warhol quotes inspire you?
It was Andy Warhol who said that everyone would experience 15-minutes of fame. Little did he know how true his statement was. Its been more than 30 years since his death – way before the time of the internet and viral videos. Now, it is pretty easy to get your 15-minutes of fame.
Because of the internet and social media, everyone has a digital footprint. It may seem natural to post our daily moments and our opinions on the web, but be cautious. Once online, it may be next to impossible to delete later. You don’t want your fifteen-minutes to be something you regret.
Use these Andy Warhol quotes to inspire you to live your life with kindness. Observe the beauty all around you and experience the joyous things in life. Take some time today to step away from the internet and go outside. Always take time to notice the flowers.
Did you enjoy these thoughtful Andy Warhol quotes? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.