Andy Warhol Quotes that Inspire You to See the World Differently
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These Andy Warhol quotes will inspire you to look at the world differently today.
Artist, filmmaker, and photographer, Andy Warhol was born August 6, 1928.
He learned to draw when he was eight and was stuck in bed due to an illness.
After receiving his Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1949, Warhol moved to New York where he would become one of the most influential and well-known artists of the modern era.
What made Andy Warhol special?
Artists have a unique gift that allows them to see the world differently.
These Andy Warhol quotes allow us a glimpse into the mind of the famous pop artist.
Warhol saw beauty in everything.
His paintings of simple, every day items like Coke bottles and Campbells soup cans would change the way the world saw the mundane.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and memorable Andy Warhol quotes and sayings, collected from various sources over the years.
We also have a curated list of Karl Lagerfeld quotes for seeing the art in life.
Be sure to also read these.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Andy Warhol quotes about beauty
1. “Everything has it beauty, but not everyone sees it.” — Andy Warhol
2. “If you can convince yourself that you look fabulous, you can save yourself the trouble of primping.” — Andy Warhol
3. “I just do art because I’m ugly and there’s nothing else for me to do.” — Andy Warhol
4. “I can never get over when you’re on the beach how beautiful the sand looks and the water washes it away and straightens it up and the trees and the grass all look great. I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own.” — Andy Warhol
5. “When I did my self-portrait, I left all the pimples out because you always should. Pimples are a temporary condition and they don’t have anything to do with what you really look like. Always omit the blemishes – they’re not part of the good picture you want.” — Andy Warhol
6. “I always notice flowers.” — Andy Warhol
7. “Just because people throw it out and don’t have any use for it, doesn’t mean it’s garbage.” — Andy Warhol
8. “Beauty is a sign of intelligence.” – Andy Warhol
9. “I always hear myself saying, ‘She’s a beauty!’ or ‘He’s a beauty!’ or ‘What a beauty!’ but I never know what I’m talking about.” — Andy Warhol
Andy Warhol quotes about art
10. “An artist is somebody who produces things that people don’t need to have.” — Andy Warhol
11. “The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do.” — Andy Warhol
12. “The idea is not to live forever; it is to create something that will.” – Andy Warhol
13. “A picture means I know where I was every minute. That’s why I take pictures. It’s a visual diary.” – Andy Warhol
14. “I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want.” – Andy Warhol
15. “Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” – Andy Warhol
16. “But I’m afraid if you look at a thing long enough; it loses all of its meaning.” – Andy Warhol
17. “Don’t think about making art, just get it done.” – Andy Warhol
18. “Art is what you can get away with.” – Andy Warhol
Also check out these quotes from David Bowie will inspire you to live a life that is anything but boring.
Inspirational Andy Warhol quotes
19. “Everybody must have a fantasy.” — Andy Warhol
20. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” — Andy Warhol
21. “People need to be made more aware of the need to work at learning how to live because life is so quick and sometimes it goes away too quickly.” — Andy Warhol
22. “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” —Andy Warhol
23. “As soon as you stop wanting something, you get it.” — Andy Warhol
24. “Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, ‘So what.’ That’s one of my favorite things to say. ‘So what.'” — Andy Warhol
25. “The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting.” — Andy Warhol
You might also like these Fran Lebowitz quotes featuring her outspoken opinions.
Do these Andy Warhol quotes inspire you?
It was Andy Warhol who said that everyone would experience 15-minutes of fame.
Little did he know how true his statement was.
Its been more than 30 years since his death – way before the time of the internet and viral videos.
Now, it is pretty easy to get your 15-minutes of fame.
Because of the internet and social media, everyone has a digital footprint.
It may seem natural to post our daily moments and our opinions on the web, but be cautious.
Once online, it may be next to impossible to delete later.
You don’t want your fifteen-minutes to be something you regret.
Use these Andy Warhol quotes to inspire you to live your life with kindness.
Observe the beauty all around you and experience the joyous things in life.
Take some time today to step away from the internet and go outside.
Always take time to notice the flowers.
Did you enjoy these thoughtful Andy Warhol quotes?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.