Coco Chanel is a fashion legend and served as a pioneer for women in a time when many women were afraid to be bold and go for their dreams.
If you’re a gal that likes to set your eyes to the stars, let these Coco Chanel quotes inspire you to achieve anything that you set your mind to.
Gabrielle Bonheur “Coco” Chanel, was a French fashion designer and a businesswoman who is famous for her timeless designs, trademark suits, and little black dresses.
Her designs emphasized simplicity and comfort and transformed the fashion industry.
Chanel was born on August 19, 1883, in Saumur, France.
She was raised in an orphanage after her mother died and her father abandoned her.
After a brief career as a singer, she opened her first clothes shop in 1910 and launched her first perfume in the 1920s.
By the 1930s, her Chanel industries employed over 2, 000 people and were reportedly worth millions.
A prolific designer, Coco Chanel is the only fashion designer listed on TIME magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.
Coco Chanel died on January 10, 1971.
Even though she’s no longer alive, her namesake company continues to thrive and reportedly generates hundreds of millions in sales each year.
Chanel is the perfect example of a strong woman.
Despite having a difficult childhood, she managed to use her Everyday Power to rise and become a fashion and fragrance pioneer.
In this respect, here are some inspirational Coco Chanel quotes and sayings to motivate you to rise up and fight for your goals and dreams.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Coco Chanel Quotes On Love, Beauty & Being A Strong Woman
1. “Men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness.” – Coco Chanel
You will also enjoy our article on pretty Woman quotes.
2. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
You will also enjoy our article on fashion quotes.
3. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
4. “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” – Coco Chanel
You will also enjoy our article on beauty quotes.
Coco Chanel Quotes on loving yourself
5. “Only those with no memory insist on their originality.” – Coco Chanel
You will also enjoy our article on Inner Beauty Quotes.
6. “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.” – Coco Chanel
7. “Elegance is refusal.” – Coco Chanel
8. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
9. “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.” – Coco Chanel
10. “A woman can be over dressed but never over elegant.” – Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel Quotes
11. “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.” – Coco Chanel
12. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.” – Coco Chanel
13. “I don’t know why women want any of the things men have when one of the things that women have is men.” – Coco Chanel
Also read these inspirational design quotes that will fuel up your imagination.
Motivational Coco Chanel Quotes About Loving Yourself
14. “How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.” – Coco Chanel
15. “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” – Coco Chanel
16. “There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.” – Coco Chanel
17. “Where should one use perfume? A young woman asked. Wherever one wants to be kissed.” – Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel Quotes About Beauty
18. “Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future!” – Coco Chanel
19. “It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me, unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him. … I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman, I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.” – Coco Chanel
21. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel Quotes on Love
22. “Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them.” – Coco Chanel
23. “It is always better to be slightly underdressed.” – Coco Chanel
24. “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” – Coco Chanel
25. “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” – Coco Chanel
You might also like these beautiful hair quotes that will boost your confidence.
Which were your favorite Coco Chanel quotes?
Coco Chanel came from a poverty background but she didn’t let that stop her from realizing her dream.
Her fascinating rise from rags to riches story continues to inspire today.
Numerous biographical books, films, and plays have been done about her.
This fashion icon spoke out about what it means to be a strong amazing woman! Hopefully, these quotes from Coco Chanel have inspired you to rise above any challenges you might face and become the best you.
Which inspirational Coco Chanel quotes were your favorite?
What other Coco Chanel quotes would you add to the list?