Coco Chanel is a fashion legend and served as a pioneer for women in a time when many women were afraid to be bold and go for their dreams. If you’re a gal that likes to set your eyes to the stars, let these Coco Chanel quotes inspire you to achieve anything that you set your mind to.
Gabrielle Bonheur “Coco” Chanel, was a French fashion designer and a businesswoman who is famous for her timeless designs, trademark suits, and little black dresses. Her designs emphasized simplicity and comfort and transformed the fashion industry.
Chanel was born on August 19, 1883, in Saumur, France. She was raised in an orphanage after her mother died and her father abandoned her.
After a brief career as a singer, she opened her first clothes shop in 1910 and launched her first perfume in the 1920s. By the 1930s, her Chanel industries employed over 2, 000 people and were reportedly worth millions.
A prolific designer, Coco Chanel is the only fashion designer listed on TIME magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.
Coco Chanel died on January 10, 1971. Even though she’s no longer alive, her namesake company continues to thrive and reportedly generates hundreds of millions in sales each year.
Chanel is the perfect example of a strong woman. Despite having a difficult childhood, she managed to use her Everyday Power to rise and become a fashion and fragrance pioneer.
In this respect, here are some inspirational Coco Chanel quotes and sayings to motivate you to rise up and fight for your goals and dreams.
Coco Chanel Quotes On Love, Beauty & Being A Strong Woman
1. “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.” – Coco Chanel
2. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
3. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
4. “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” – Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel Quotes on loving yourself
5. “Only those with no memory insist on their originality.” – Coco Chanel
6. “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” – Coco Chanel
7. “There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.” – Coco Chanel
8. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
9. “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.” – Coco Chanel
10. “A woman can be over dressed but never over elegant.” – Coco Chanel
11. “Men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness.” – Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel Quotes
12. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.” – Coco Chanel
13. “I don’t know why women want any of the things men have when one of the things that women have is men.” – Coco Chanel
Also read these inspirational design quotes that will fuel up your imagination.
Motivational Coco Chanel Quotes About Loving Yourself
14. “How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.” – Coco Chanel
15. “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.” – Coco Chanel
16. “Elegance is refusal.” – Coco Chanel
17. “Where should one use perfume? A young woman asked. Wherever one wants to be kissed.” – Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel Quotes About Beauty
18. “Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future!” – Coco Chanel
19. “It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me, unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him. … I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman, I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.” – Coco Chanel
21. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel Quotes on Love
22. “Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them.” – Coco Chanel
23. “It is always better to be slightly underdressed.” – Coco Chanel
24. “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” – Coco Chanel
25. “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” – Coco Chanel
26. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
27. “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” – Coco Chanel
28. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
29. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” – Coco Chanel
30. “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” – Coco Chanel
You might also like these beautiful hair quotes that will boost your confidence.
Coco Chanel Quotes on being yourself
31. “I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.” – Coco Chanel
32. “My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.” – Coco Chanel
33. “Fashion changes, but style endures.” – Coco Chanel
34. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
35. “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” – Coco Chanel
36. “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.” – Coco Chanel
Inspirational Coco Chanel Quotes about men and life
37. “As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!” – Coco Chanel
38. “I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.” – Coco Chanel
39. “I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little – if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.” – Coco Chanel
40. “Dress like you are going to meet your worst enemy today.”– Coco Chanel
41. “There goes a woman who knows all the things that can be taught and none of the things that cannot be taught.” – Coco Chanel
42. “Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress.”– Coco Chanel
43. “Fashion is made to become unfashionable.” – Coco Chanel
44. “A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.”– Coco Chanel
More Coco Chanel Quotes
45. “The best things in life are free. The second best things are very, very expensive.” – Coco Chanel
46. “A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed.” – Coco Chanel
47. “Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions.” – Coco Chanel
48. “If a man talks bad about all women, it usually means he was burned by one woman.” – Coco Chanel
49. “It is unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory of fashion that heralds your arrival and prolongs your departure.” – Coco Chanel
50. “I like fashion to go down to the street, but I can’t accept that it should originate there.” – Coco Chanel
Which were your favorite Coco Chanel quotes?
Coco Chanel came from a poverty background but she didn’t let that stop her from realizing her dream. Her fascinating rise from rags to riches story continues to inspire today. Numerous biographical books, films, and plays have been done about her.
This fashion icon spoke out about what it means to be a strong amazing woman! Hopefully, these quotes from Coco Chanel have inspired you to rise above any challenges you might face and become the best you.
Which inspirational Coco Chanel quotes were your favorite? What other Coco Chanel quotes would you add to the list?
June 11, 2020 6:30 AM EST