Aries is the first sign of the Zodiac and gets its name from the constellation Aries.
The ram represents this Fire Sign and is ruled by Mars; the planet named after the Roman God of War.
Aries is born between March 20 and April 18, but just what kind of personality traits does Aries have?
There are a lot of strengths and weaknesses to unpack with this sign.
These Aries quotes reveal a lot about their personality.
Aries are bold and ambitious people.
They jump into any challenge headfirst.
A natural-born leader, they are motivated and confident, often relentless in their pursuits.
They don’t get bogged down with ‘pesky’ details.
They are honest, brutally so, and passionate.
They like sports and physical challenges.
They dislike it when they are not using their talents or being inactive.
They can also be moody, short-tempered, aggressive, and impatient.
What kind of partner does that make them?
What sign is most compatible with Aries, and which ones should they avoid?
Keep reading these Aries quotes to find out!
Don’t forget to also check out these Gemini quotes celebrating life and love.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Aries quotes about love and relationships
1. “What Aries does for those they love is worth more than words.” ― Unknown
2. “Aries demands love, for like the infant, without love, Aries dies.” ― Linda Goodman
3. “Aries isn’t always adept at expressing his feelings, but don’t let that fool you.” ― Lynn Hayes
4. “While Ariens are independent and love their freedom, they do not enjoy being alone.” ― Lynn Hayes
5. “No other Sun sign can be so scrupulously faithful as Aries when he’s really in love for keeps.” ― Linda Goodman
6. “Aries individuals need to be first, but they will want you to be a passenger on their adventure ride.” ― Lynn Hayes
7. “Aries possesses childlike faith that a quarrel can somehow be made up, a relationship can be repaired each time it’s broken.” ― Linda Goodman
8. “In the heart of an Aries you’ll find the soul of a Knight of the Round Table: noble and true, and unwilling to share you with any other Knight or Lady.” ― Lynn Hayes
9. “Aries needs a partner willing to set sail at a moment’s notice—impulsive and action-oriented, he prefers not to plan and overthink a situation.” ― Lynn Hayes
10. “To the Aries soul, Love is a necessity of life, which is taken for granted; for in its infancy of awareness, Love is synonymous with existence itself.” ― Linda Goodman
You will also enjoy our article on Scorpio quotes.
Aries quotes about men and women
11. “Aries woman has a deep, hidden desire to be protected and defended by her man.” ― Linda Goodman
12. “The Aries woman will help you find your lost illusions and she’ll have a fierce faith in all your dreams.” ― Linda Goodman
13. “Never criticize the lover, husband, or children of an Aries woman unless you’re wearing an asbestos suit.” ― Linda Goodman
14. “To Aries, miracles are a dime a dozen. If you run out, he’ll make you some more, wrapped in brave, scarlet dreams.” ― Linda Goodman
15. “When the Aries woman has been really hurt, she turns from fire to ice. Her fire burns hot and dies quickly. Her ice can be eternal.” ― Linda Goodman
16. “The Aries wife will probably make an excellent impression on your boss if you can keep her from telling him how to run his business.” ― Linda Goodman
17. “Aries females invariably get all soft and squishy inside at the mere thought of True Love, their idealism in affairs of the heart being eternal as Spring itself.” ― Linda Goodman
18. “The Aries female will open her own doors. She’ll also put on her own coat, fight her own battles, pull out her own chair, hail her taxi and light her cigarette without any masculine help. Doing it herself is, to her, the fastest way to get it done.” ― Linda Goodman
Aries quotes about what they need
19. “What an Aries wants, an Aries gets.” ― Anonymous
20. “An Aries must be put first. You will do good to remember this.” ― Anonymous
21. “Aries enjoys doing favors; the larger the charitable gesture the better.” ― Anonymous
22. “Aries needs a quest that will challenge their courage and help them to create a more ideal world.” ― Lynn Hayes
23. “Aries continually needs to be reminded that ‘if winter comes’….. the miracle of spring cannot be far behind.” ― Linda Goodman
24. “A realist, yet a decided idealist, Aries often defies emotional description. No one can show such tough, forceful behavior. Yet, few others are capable of such sentimentality, wistful innocence, and belief in miracles.” ― Linda Goodman
25. “Rams must be allowed to express themselves through their own Mars patterns, which must contain a certain amount of violent ups and downs, in order to eventually learn that impulsive, rash behavior usually brings regret.” ― Linda Goodman
’I am an Aries’ quotes
26. “You see, I’m an Aries. I never lose.” ― Bette Davis
27. “I’m an Aries. I need everybody to like me.” ― Eric Andre
28. “I’m an Aries and sort of a challenge to myself.” ― Debbie Reynolds
29. “I’m very Aries—every characteristic, good and the bad.” ― Molly Kerim
30. “Save you some embarrassment I’m an Aries and I ain’t scared.” ― Da Brat
31. “Said I rage like a fire and I flow like the water ain’t no surprise I was born under Aries.” ― Beverley Knight
32. “I am an Aries. Although I do not believe in astrology, I think this is exactly the right sign to have been born under.” ― Anne Lamott
33. “I’m slightly controlling. I’m an Aries and I like things to have an order. I get slightly disturbed and I get slightly distressed and flustered if things go awry.” ― Mandy Moore
34. “I’m probably less volatile and tempestuous than a lot of Arieses, but I think I’m probably quite loud and outgoing and passionate. Maybe a bit difficult or stubborn.” ― Mackenzie Davis
35. “I’m an Aries. Most of the time, whether I want to admit it or not, it describes me. I don’t check my horoscope too often, but most of the time, yes, I’m fiery and stubborn.” ― Daniela Bobadilla
Aries quotes that every Aries can relate to
36. “Aries has a jealous heart.” ― Nana Moskouri
37. “I love the idea of being an Aries.” ― Vanessa Kirby
38. “Yet Aries to be very, very ambitious.” ― The Whispers
39. “For Aries God is within, waiting only to be called.” ― Lynn Hayes
40. “Aries may be missing everything, but you’ll always see them fighting.” ― Unknown
41. “This disarming naivete is also why Aries people are so fearless.” ― Linda Goodman
42. “As an Aries, you believe in Karma, but only because you are the Karma.” ― Anonymous
43. “Aries is often a step ahead of us. A life that is too predictable makes them antsy.” ― Anonymous
44. “Aries are leaders, not followers — Aries will never do something just because everyone else is doing it.” ― Unknown
45. “Aries often defies emotional description. No one can show such tough, forceful behavior.” ― Linda Goodman
46. “You may find an occasional Arien who is shy, but you’ll never find one who’s uncertain where he stands.” ― Linda Goodman
47. “Although Aries is the firebrand who forges his way through life with daring, initiative and enterprise, there’s a strange quirk to his bravery.” ― Linda Goodman
48. “Aries has an innocent wistful facet to his nature, and a kind of eternal, joyous, naïve faith, blended with the blind zeal of the born crusader.” ― Linda Goodman
49. “Aries represents the East, the Day Forces—which is why most of them fight sleep, tranquility, rest and resignation to Fate with such vigor.” ― Linda Goodman
50. “Arien anger flashes forth with the speed of sound, but it’s usually gone before the victim knows what it’s all about, and the happy child-like smile quickly returns.” ― Linda Goodman
Aries quotes to express their unique personalities
51. “You can definitely count on an Aries when the chips are down.” — Patricia Lantz
52. “As an Aries person you gravitate towards the center of action.” — Joanna Martine Woolfolk
53. “Aries people pick up steam while everyone else is running out of gas.” — Joanna Martine Woolfolk
54. “Aries hearts always carry more scars than the Rams ever show, or openly discuss.” — Linda Goodman
55. “I am my own sanctuary and I can be reborn as many times as I choose throughout my life.” — Lady Gaga
56. “One of the pitfalls of being an Aries is that you’re essentially self-involved.” — Joanna Martine Woolfolk
57. “People with Aries tendencies strongly project their own personalities and can be very self-oriented.” — Joanna Martine Woolfolk
58. “Like anyone else, Aries may feel the fear, but has learned to act anyway, always striving to overcome limiting beliefs and self-doubt.” — Debbie Stapleton
59. “Aries sense of individuality makes them uniquely suited for professions where they need to work alone, take risks, and advocate for themselves.” — Debbie Stapleton
60. “Aries is known for an explosive temper, and although their outbursts don’t last long, it’s definitely best to avoid fiery rams until the steam has dissipated.” — Aliza Kelly
Aries quotes about their personality
61. “Aries in his many fits knows no favorites.” — Homer
62. “Aries is resilient, guileless and optimistic.” — Patricia Lantz
63. “The only thing an Aries fears is being afraid.” — Monte Farber
64. “I can only hope he’s an Aries and not a Scorpio.” — Candace Bushnell
65. “I am an Aries, the ram, ready to fully charge at whatever comes my way.” — Tina Mack
66. “Boredom and routine are valleys that Aries must rise above to breathe easily.” — Teresa Noel Celsi
67. “Aries is born to make their mark on the world and take the road less traveled.” — Patricia Lantz
68. “Aries is about starting over, and what could be better than starting over minus the fears that have held us back?” — Doreen Virtue
69. “As you know, I am an Aries, and one thing an Aries won’t abide is a take-over. Aries live for revenge—for struggle.” — Laura Cunningham
70. “Aries are equipped with a confident and courageous soul; they are always full of enthusiasm, optimism, honesty, and passion.” — Dayanara Blue Star
What did you learn from these Aries quotes?
Aries are prone to bad tempers and explosive outbursts, but they are quick to get over it.
This trait, and the fact that Aries is much more focused on individuality than partnership, can pose some challenges in love.
They make very protective partners, relishing any chance to be the white knight.
Aries is not the most reliable with money and material things, but they will make sure you have enough.
Their rash decisions and restlessness make holding jobs they feel dissatisfied with difficult.
Aries is compatible with fellow Aries and other Fire Signs like Leo and Sagittarius, however, they don’t make the best long-term pair.
Air Signs, like Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius, can add balance and help one another flourish, but not without challenges.
Overall, it seems like this Fire Sign has all the wonderful qualities associated with Fire Signs, and all the struggles too!
My dad was an Aries, and this is spot on for him.
Let us know what you love about the Aries in your life in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to also share any other favorite Aries quotes and sayings.