Ready for some ASAP Rocky quotes from the fashion-forward and open-minded artist?
We got you covered.
Rakim Mayers, better known by his stage name ASAP Rocky is a member of the ASAP Mob and has positioned himself as more than a hip-hop artist.
He has legitimately solidified his status as an artist.
Tell us your favorite ASAP Rocky quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these ASAP Rocky quotes?
With work in music, video production, fashion, and modeling, Rocky has found success in many creative ways.
A native of Harlem, New York, he has been creating material that has earned him millions of fans since 2011.
With several very successful albums, popular designs in the world of fashion, and a new lease on life after being imprisoned in Sweden, Pretty Flaco is poised for more success.
His pregnancy with mega artist Rihanna has recently cast him in a new light as a household name.
These are some of his most memorable quotes that showcase his:
- open mind
- empathy for others
Best ASAP Rocky quotes
1. “I’m not a gangster, bro.” — ASAP Rocky
2. “I’m obsessed with being different.” — ASAP Rocky
3. “Fashion is almost like a religion, for me at least.” — ASAP Rocky
4. “I’m not saying I’m a hip hop music artist, I’m an artist.” — ASAP Rocky
5. “Rappers wear diamonds to compensate for a lack of fashion sense.” — ASAP Rocky
6. “My real name’s Rakim—my parents named me after the god MC himself.” — ASAP Rocky
7. “You can miss out on a lot by being so small-minded and stereotypical about people. It’s stupid.” — ASAP Rocky
ASAP Rocky quotes about love and women
8. “I like women. I love women.” — ASAP Rocky
9. “Falling in love is an easy thing to do.” — ASAP Rocky
10. “Make no mistakes; it’s all a leap of faith for love.” — ASAP Rocky
11. “The worst thing a good girl could do to you is break your heart.” — ASAP Rocky
12. “Who people like is their own business. It doesn’t concern me. I know what I do—and I’m having a lot of fun with the women that I’m with.” — ASAP Rocky
13. “I don’t have any favorite lyrics. Honestly, all of them I love ’em to death—it’s the same with songs. I don’t have just one favorite lyric, I love them all.” — ASAP Rocky
ASAP Rocky quotes about his mindset on things
14. “I was thinking about naming my child Kanye.” — ASAP Rocky
15. “Why can’t I be friends with somebody who’s gay?” — ASAP Rocky
16. “When Big Meech and everybody got indicted, hustling died. Keep it trill.” — ASAP Rocky
17. “I would not consider myself to be a real New York rapper. I don’t even like New York rappers.” — ASAP Rocky
18. “It brings a tear to my eye to see native New York people give me my props because New York is stubborn and arrogant.” — ASAP Rocky
19. “In Harlem, I got all my Black friends. But when I go downtown, I got Black, white, Asian, and Indian friends. There are no borders, no barriers.” — ASAP Rocky
20. “I’m not saying that hip hop needs gay rappers or anything, but they need to stop being so close-minded because that will just cause the genre to fail.” — ASAP Rocky
ASAP Rocky is more well-rounded than you might have thought
You do not have to be a bona fide hip-hop fan to notice that much of the rap music that is released is often steeped in misogyny, homophobia, and violence.
It is refreshing that ASAP Rocky is an open book with his stance on inclusion.
He reminds his fans that “You can miss out on a lot by being so small-minded and stereotypical about people. It’s stupid.”
Doubling down on the importance of inclusion, ASAP clarifies that on top of prejudice and fear being limited belief systems, they also do not make business sense.
He shares that “they need to stop being so close-minded because that will just cause the genre to fail.”
This is far from the message that we often hear about authenticity being linked to particular forms of masculinity.
ASAP Rocky is breaking down barriers one song at a time.
Tell us your favorite ASAP Rocky quote below, and don’t forget to click the share button.