Authenticity Quotes About Being Your Authentic Self
February 25, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These beautiful authenticity quotes will remind you to always be true to yourself.
After all, you are the best friend you could ever have.
Are you living a life that is authentic?
What does authenticity really mean?
Are you doing what you love for work?
You may also enjoy our article on:
A study by LinkedIn revealed that 87% of professionals consider authenticity to be crucial in establishing a positive work environment.
This highlights the significance of being true to yourself in the workplace.
Are you telling the people that matter how much you love and appreciate them on a regular basis?
Are you being true to yourself in your thoughts and actions?
The fact is that most people cannot truly say yes to this whole list.
We need to learn what needs to change to be our authentic selves again.
Once we learn this, we have an ease and peace we only imagined before.
Here are some inspiring authenticity quotes from those who have mastered being genuine.
Also, check out our collection of fake people quotes to help you weed out the not-so-genuine ones.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
The Best Inspirational Authenticity Quotes
A Harris Poll survey discovered that 53% of employees would remain with their employer longer if they felt a greater sense of meaning and purpose in their work, with being authentic being one way to achieve this.
For those seeking guidance on how to stay authentic, consider reading authentic quotes that can provide motivation and inspiration.
1. “No legacy is so rich as honesty.” – Shakespeare
You will also enjoy our article on be yourself quotes.
2. “Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on honesty quotes.
3. “Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free.” – Eckhart Tolle
You will also enjoy our article on mask quotes.
4. “What we know matters but who we are matters more.” – Brené Brown
You will also enjoy our article on brene brown quotes.
5. “Just be what you are and speak from your guts and heart – it’s all a man has.” – Hubert Humphrey
You will also enjoy our article on truth quotes.
6. “Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.” – Coco Chanel
You will also enjoy our article on social media quotes.
7. “Aspire to be authentic.” – Yann Martel
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of trust issues quotes that will help you understand the meaning of trust.
8. “To find yourself, think for yourself.” – Socrates
You will also enjoy our article on accountability quotes.
9. “Be yourself – not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be.” – Henry David Thoreau
You will also enjoy our article on transparency quotes.
10. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
You will also enjoy our article on instagram bio quotes.
11. “Dare to declare who you are. It is not far from the shores of silence to the boundaries of speech. The path is not long, but the way is deep. You must not only walk there, you must be prepared to leap.” – Hildegard Von Bingen
You will also enjoy our article on identity quotes.
12. “No one man can, for any considerable time, wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which is the true one.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
You will also enjoy our article on passion quotes.
13. “Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, “This is the real me,” and when you have found that attitude, follow it.” – William James
You will also enjoy our article on comfort zone quotes.
14. “That inner voice has both gentleness and clarity. So to get to authenticity, you really keep going down to the bone, to the honesty, and the inevitability of something.” – Meredith Monk
You will also enjoy our article on real estate quotes.
15. “Authenticity requires a certain measure of vulnerability, transparency, and integrity.” – Janet Louise Stephenson
You will also enjoy our article on hard times quotes.
16. “The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put you in that position.” – Leo Buscaglia
You will also enjoy our article on corruption quotes.
17. “Be your authentic self. Your authentic self is who you are when you have no fear of judgment, or before the world starts pushing you around and telling you who you’re supposed to be. Your fictional self is who you are when you have a social mask on to please everyone else. Give yourself permission to be your authentic self.” – Dr. Phil
You will also enjoy our article on self acceptance quotes.
Authenticity Quotes and being Sincere
A Deloitte study indicated that 77% of millennials consider a company’s culture and values to be just as important as their salary and benefits, emphasizing the importance of staying true to oneself.
For those looking to find the courage to be authentic, check out authenticity quotes that can serve as a source of encouragement.
19. “I choose to be authentic in everything I do.” – India Arie
You will also enjoy our article on Stoic quotes.
20. “Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.” – Albert Schweitzer
You will also enjoy our article on Stranger Things quotes.
21. “To be nobody but myself-in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me somebody else-means to fight the hardest battle any human can fight, and never stop fighting.” – E.E. Cummings
You will also enjoy our article on arrogant quotes.
22. “I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.” – Dita Von Teese
You will also enjoy our article on Cleopatra quotes.
23. “Everything will line up perfectly when knowing and living the truth becomes more important than looking good.” – Alan Cohen
You will also enjoy our article on psychology quotes.
24. “Authenticity is the alignment of head, mouth, heart, and feet – thinking, saying, feeling, and doing the same thing – consistently. This builds trust, and followers love leaders they can trust.” – Lance Secretan
You will also enjoy our article on trust quotes.
25. “The keys to brand success are self-definition, transparency, authenticity, and accountability.” – Simon Mainwaring
26. “Authenticity is your most precious commodity as a leader.” – Marcus Buckingham
27. “If any man seeks for greatness, let him forget greatness and ask for truth, and he will find both.” – Horace Mann
28. “You attract the right things when you have a sense of who you are.” – Amy Poehler
Authenticity Quotes To Inspire You
29. “Yes, in all my research, the greatest leaders looked inward and were able to tell a good story with authenticity and passion.” – Deepak Chopra
30. “When you are real in your music, people know it and they feel your authenticity.” – Wynonna Judd
31. “Some writers confuse authenticity, which they ought always to aim at, with originality, which they should never bother about.” – W. H. Auden
32. “The closer you stay to emotional authenticity and people, character authenticity, the less you can go wrong. That’s how I feel now, no matter what you’re doing.” – David O. Russell
33. “There is a certain kind of respect for authenticity today that there wasn’t back in the days when they did ‘Cleopatra,’ where everything looked like a giant motel. People want to have it be authentic in the look, and authentic in the way people behave.” – John Milius
34. “The accusation that we’ve lost our soul resonates with a very modern concern about authenticity.” – Patricia Hewitt
35. “Being in your element is not only about aptitude, it’s about passion: it is about loving what you do … tapping into your natural energy and your most authentic self.” – Sir Ken Robinson
36. “To become conscious and aware, we must become authentic. Authenticity is the highest form of being.” – Teal Swan
37. “To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end in life.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
38. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
39. “Authenticity is about being true to who you are, even when everyone around you wants you to be someone else.” – Michael Jordan
40. “The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.” – C.G. Jung
More Authenticity Quotes and Sayings
41. “We are constantly invited to be who we are.” – Henry David Thoreau
42. “I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I’ve become. If I had, I’d have done it a lot earlier.” – Oprah Winfrey
43. “Accept no one’s definition of your life, define yourself.” – Anonymous
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out our collection of superhero quotes to inspire the best version of you.
44. “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.” – Janis Joplin
45. “To become authentic we require a thirst for freedom.” – Don Mateo Sol
46. “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” – May Sarton
47. “Authenticity is more than speaking; Authenticity is also about doing. Every decision we make says something about who we are.” – Simon Sinek
48. “The most common form of despair is not being who you are.” – Soren Kierkegaard
49. “Authenticity is at the heart of success.” – Anonymous
50. “Be yourself. Authenticity trumps cool every time.” – Craig Groeschel
Check out our collection of true colors quotes if you enjoy this article.
Authenticity quotes on being your real self
51. “We need to find the courage to say NO to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity.” – Barbara de Angelis
52. “Don’t let anyone tell you that you have to be a certain way. Be unique. Be what you feel.” – Melissa Etheridge
53. “You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” – Brené Brown
54. “The 3 A’s of awesome: attitude, awareness and authenticity.” – Neil Pasricha
55. “If you trade your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief.” – Brené Brown
56. “Truth is a point of view, but authenticity can’t be faked.” – Peter Guber
57. “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.” – Brené Brown
58. “When do you feel most authentic? Authenticity feels so natural, so why isn’t it easy?” – Robert Holden
59. “The authenticity thing has never been an issue for me.” – Marcus Mumford
60. “Honesty and authenticity are a big deal for me.” – Scarlett Thomas
Be yourself with these authenticity quotes
61. “Details matter. They create depth, and depth creates authenticity.” -Neil Blumenthal
62. “Authenticity means erasing the gap between what you firmly believe inside and what you reveal to the outside world.” -Adam Grant
63. “I know of nothing more valuable, when it comes to the all-important virtue of authenticity, than simply being who you are.” -Charles R. Swindoll
64. “My fear now is of cliche, of complacency, of not being able to feel authenticity in myself and those around me.” -John Hawkes
65. “Authenticity is very important – be true to one’s self.” -Laila Ali
66. “Don’t worry about what’s cool and what’s not cool. Authenticity is what’s cool.” -Zac Posen
67. “Authenticity doesn’t just mean you’re not filtering what you’re saying, it’s about being able to know and access the best parts of yourself and bring them forward.” -Amy Cuddy
68. “There’s an authenticity in just being who you are and not having an act about it or wear clothes you normally wouldn’t wear. I’m just comfortable in my own skin.” -Luke Combs
69. “The French have the reputation of being arrogant. I don’t think it’s arrogance but a certain authenticity.” -Simon Baker
70. “That’s what rock music is, I think – constantly searching for authenticity, and being as honest as possible.” -Jonathan Jackson
Authenticity Quotes To Make You Unique
71. “Accepting the reality of our sinfulness means accepting our authentic self.” ― Brennan Manning
72. “When you are authentic, you create a certain energy, people want to be around you because you are unique.” ― Andie MacDowell
73. “Live authentically. Why would you continue to compromise something that’s beautiful to create something that is fake?” ― Steve Maraboli
74. “Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to let our true selves be seen.” ― Brene Brown
75. “Pretentiousness repels but authenticity attracts, and vulnerability is the pathway to intimacy.” ― Rick Warren
76. “Authenticity is critical to leadership. That means trying to be yourself – this involves some self-disclosure, admitting what you don’t know and being willing to ask questions.” ― Robert S. Kaplan
77. “Finding your passion isn’t just about careers and money. It’s about finding your authentic self. The one you’ve buried beneath other people’s needs.” ― Kristin Hannah
78. “Stay true to your brand and true to your voice and audiences will respond to that authenticity with enthusiasm and passion.” ― Kevin Spacey
79. “The authentic self is soul made visible.” ― Sarah Ban Breathnach
80. “Authenticity reduces stress and produces faith in oneself and in the potential to grow and learn.” ― Arthur P. Ciaramicoli
Authenticity Quotes To Enlighten You To Be True To Yourself
81. “If you don’t know who you truly are, you’ll never know what you really want.”
― Roy T. Bennett
82. “The strongest force in the universe is a human being living consistently with his identity.” — Tony Robbins
83. “Authenticity can’t be replicated or faked. You’re either real or you’re not.” — Bibi Bourelly
84. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” — Lao Tzu
85. “If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.” — Mark Twain
86. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” — Bruce Lee
87. “Being sincere and true to yourself defines your authenticity.” — Arsenio V Manalo Jr
88. “The more of me I be,The clearer I can see.”― Rachel Andrews
89. “Never apologize for what you feel. It’s like saying sorry for being real.” — Lil Wayne.
90. “I don’t think you can do something wrong with your identity if you’re living in your authenticity.” — Rachel Dolezal
Authenticity Quotes To Stay Genuine
91. “We need to break habits that hold us back from our authentic lives.” — Katrina Mayer
92. “Authenticity requires knowing the truth about what you care about.” — Michael Patrick Lynch
93. “Your authenticity is your own. You must look then to yourself to shape your own unique authentic life.” — Doyle Doyle
94. “Authenticity is essential to the soul!” — Brian Houston
95. “Authenticity is really important, and sometimes thats really hard to get.” — Tom Freston
96. “The movement toward gratitude, authenticity, and union is the natural and organic inner work of the second half of our lives.” — Richard Rohr
97. “Authenticity means that you must do what you do the way you do it and allow everyone else the same courtesy.” — Iyanla Vanzant
98. “Trust, in its most primitive form, is based on authenticity, not flawlessness.” — Todd Duncan
99. “We need to appreciate the unity of authenticity, morality, and happiness.” — Xunwu Chen
100. “Mindfully practicing authenticity during our most soul-searching struggles is how we invite grace, joy and gratitude into our lives.” — Brené Brown
Authenticity Quotes To Stay True To Yourself
101. “When well-being comes from engaging our strengths and virtues, our lives are imbued with authenticity.” — Martin Seligman
102. “We rigidify our self-image to portray a certain identity to the world, which is one of the key impediments to authenticity.” — Chip Conley
103. “Soul is about authenticity. Soul is about finding the things in your life that are real and pure.” — John Legend
104. “It’s hard to practice compassion when we’re struggling with our authenticity or when our own worthiness is off-balance.” — Brené Brown
105. “If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it. Self-discovery takes us to the wildest places on earth.” — Travis Rice
106. “Authenticity is also about the courage and the vulnerability to say, “Yeah, I’ll try it. I feel pretty uncomfortable and I feel a little vulnerable, but I’ll try it!”” — Brené Brown
107. “The road to enlightenment is paved with authenticity, not imitation.” — Alan Cohen
108. “If I fall over and make mistakes, I’ll pick myself back up and hope for the best and try to conduct myself with as much authenticity and moral code.” — Nicole Kidman
109. “Stay true to yourself. People respond to authenticity.” — Barbra Streisand
110. “Learning always involves self-transcendence. Learning calls forth what is in us, helping us to move toward authenticity and wholeness.” — Karl Rahner
Thought Provoking Authenticity Quotes
111. “I think it’s really nice to have an authenticity, it’s a huge source for us to be able to lean on people who have that knowledge.” ― Jennifer Yuh Nelson
112. “Authenticity and knowing who you are is fundamental to being an effective and long-standing leader.” ― Ann M. Fudge
113. “I always thought signing was an artist’s honour and guarantee of authenticity.” ― Robert Genn
114. “The beauty of personal authenticity can compensate for the lost beauty of our youth.” ― Marianne Williamson
115. “Authenticity is not an innate quality – that is, you are not born with it. Being an authentic leader is not something you can say about yourself; it must be attributed to you.” ― Chip Espinoza
116. “I think the one thing for me that’s been working is just authenticity.” ― Eric Benet
117. “Ultimately, I think authenticity is always key, no matter what you do in life. It’s also key to the branding side of things.” ― Russell Wilson
118. “People think it’s a betrayal of authenticity if you do something different.” ― Ben Watt
119. “I think that you always want to gravitate towards people who absolutely are great at what they do and go for authenticity.” ― Viola Davis
120. “Perfection is the antithesis of authenticity.” ― Willie Garson
Which of these authenticity quotes struck you most, and why?
We’d love to hear from you.
Leave a comment below and tell us how well you liked these authenticity quotes.
If you enjoyed any of these sayings, feel free to share them on social media.
Get a copy to carry with you for inspiration.
There’s nothing like good authenticity quotes to remind you to be your best, genuine self everyday.
Troy Lee Smith
November 12, 2019 at 1:22 PM
All these hit me hard.. My name confusing at best but i am who ive always been.. That will never change and no ill never give up no matter what happens. I got Babies that need me to get my feet under me and figure things out.. Maybe one day ill be able to do just that..