If you are looking for Atlantis quotes, we have got you covered.
Researchers, historians, scientists, and curious people have often pondered the existence of Atlantis.
Check out our Atlantis quotes below to learn more.
What is Atlantis?
Atlantis is the name used to describe an advanced civilization of people who lived roughly ten to thirteen thousand years ago.
This civilization had its capital in what are the modern-day Caribbean islands.
Atlanteans are believed to be advanced people who lived on islands in the Atlantic Ocean.
Check out these cool Atlantis facts below:
- Historians believe that the people of Atlantis had advanced technology.
- Atlantis and Lemuria were great civilizations that existed at the same time.
- Some believe survivors of Atlantis’ destruction brought their technology to Egypt and Ireland
Where was Atlantis?
There is a reason the ocean between the Americas and Africa is called the Atlantic.
The remnants of Atlantean society stand where modern-day Cuba, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and other Caribbean island nations are.
There is an underwater road off Cuba’s coast Called Bimini Road.
Some believe this to be a relic of Atlantis.
Manufactured structures like bridges, statues, and artifacts can be found at sites in the area.
Mainstream scholars have yet to accept the existence of Atlantis universally.
However, many historians believe the evidence that Atlantis existed is overwhelming.
What did Plato say about Atlantis?
Modern people are not the only ones who have memories of the lost civilization of Atlantis.
Plato is a mind who is respected and honored as a genius philosopher and historian.
His writings about Atlantis have survived antiquity.
Plato’s account is so specific and demonstrates how Atlantis’s engineering capabilities influenced African and Mediterranean countries.
To learn more, check out our Atlantis quotes below.
Short Atlantis quotes about the lost civilization
These short quotes honor the memory of the lost civilization of Atlantis.
1. “Atlantis will rise again.” — Charles Olson
2. “Atlantis howls but is no longer steep!” — Allen Tate
3. “No Atlantis is too underwater or fictional.” — Zach Anner
4. “We are a race of sorcerers, enchanters. We are Atlantis.” — Matthew Tobin Anderson
5. “Said the condor to the praying mantis, we’re gonna lose this place just like we lost Atlantis.” — Neil Young
The top Atlantis quotes about questioning history
There is a lot of evidence that suggests Atlantis was a thriving civilization.
6. “The modern hero-deed must be that of questing to bring to light again the lost Atlantis of the co-ordinated Soul.” — Joseph Campbell
7. “NASA projects often have romantic names that link into a long history of exploration and adventure: Atlantis and Discovery, for example.” — Hanna Rosin
8. “For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and the subsidence of the island caused this.” — Critias
9. “Wednesdays were the best thing about Atlantis. The middle of the week was a traditional holiday there. Everyone stopped work and celebrated the fact that half the week was over.” — Walter Moers
10. “Sometimes when you’re young, you have moments of such happiness, you think you’re living on someplace magical, like Atlantis must have been. Then we grow up, and our hearts break into two.”— Stephen King
Famous Atlantis quotes that question our history
Here are some quotes about Atlantis from prominent writers, thinkers, and philosophers.
11. “Herman Melville was as separated from a civilized literature as the lost Atlantis was said to have been from the great peoples of the earth.” — Edward Dahlberg
12. “During the time of Atlantis, members of the Mystery Schools discovered and developed specific concentration exercises that they found would radically increase and sharpen their innate psychic abilities.” — Frederick Lenz
13. “Atlantis: Fabled. Mystical. Golden. Mysterious. Glorious and magical. There are those who claim that it never was.” — Sherrilyn Kenyon
14. “Unfortunately, half the boats were lost in a great storm at sea, and many members of the six boats that did make it to their destinations safely, were later killed by the very native people to whom they sought to transmit their knowledge of the Atlantean sciences, arts, and metaphysics.” — Frederick Lenz
15. “Now in this island of Atlantis there was a great and wonderful empire which had rule over the whole island and several others, and over parts of the continent, and the men of Atlantis had subjected the parts of Libya within the columns of Heracles as far as Egypt, and of Europe as far as Tyrrhenia.” — Plato
The best Atlantis quotes from Frederick Lenz
Lenz made a career for himself studying the history of Atlantis.
16. “Atlantis was destroyed by the greed of its inhabitants.” — Frederick Lenz
17. “The people to become enlightened in Atlantis lit the “flame of enlightenment” on Earth for the first time.” — Frederick Lenz
18. “Long before the advent of what scientists and scholars consider to be the beginning of human civilization, there was an age undreamed of … the age of Atlantis.” — Frederick Lenz
19. “The members of the various mystery schools have kept the flame alive by passing on the secret techniques for attaining enlightenment from the time of Atlantis to our present day.” — Frederick Lenz
20. “The night before Atlantis sank beneath the waves forever, the members of the Mystery School set sail from their doomed continent in twelve boats, headed for twelve different points on the globe.” — Frederick Lenz
Atlantis quotes and sayings about rising again
There are many who believe that our current conditions directly mirror the conditions of Atlantis.
21. “I write songs on a universal basis. I was born out of the Earth of Jamaica, which I consider to be a part of Atlantis, the sunk continent, but that’s my thing.” — Jimmy Cliff
22. “There was to be much fun, many pleasures, many stabs of Joy, but no more of the old security. It was sea and islands now; the great continent had sunk like Atlantis.” — C. S. Lewis
23. “Know, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of.” — Robert E. Howard
24. “I simply think that there are things in this world that are relics. We have unsettling remnants of Atlantis. They have found things off Bermuda, great walls and things of that sort. This seems to indicate that there were races and cultures that went before us.” — Stephen King
25. “In imagination, she sailed over storied seas that wash the distant shining shores of “faëry lands forlorn,” where lost Atlantis and Elysium lie, with the evening star for pilot, to the land of Heart’s Desire.” — Lucy Maud Montgomery
What can we learn from Atlantis today?
It is no mistake that the civilization of Atlantis existed in the Americas.
Atlantis was located in the Caribbean and would still be considered North America.
It is believed that a natural disaster destroyed Atlantis.
Some think that a comet hit the Earth, and the impact raised sea levels, burying the island nation below the Atlantic Ocean.
History suggests that the culture of Atlantis was destroyed because of their inability to use the technology they created responsibly.
Many parallels from Atlantis mirror our world today.
Today, we also need help to integrate new technology in responsible ways.
Many people fear the development of AI technology.
We also must navigate maintaining the health of our natural world.
Atlanteans were said to have become so enamored with technology that they forgot the importance of maintaining their physical environment.
We also need help ensuring our Earth is clean and our environment healthy.
Hopefully, we do not take the path of Atlantis and ensure our destruction.
We can learn from their example and choose to do what’s necessary to keep our society thriving.
What are your thoughts on Atlantis?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments section below.