Check out these Atlas of the Heart quotes if you want a better way to connect with others.
Atlas of the Heart is a novel by Brene Brown that was published by Random House in 2021 and became a New York Times Bestseller.
You might also like these related articles:
Brown has now had six New York Times Bestsellers, along with hosting two award-winning podcasts, and is currently a research professor at the University of Houston.
Dr. Brown has the unique experience and skills to write this book about the skills necessary to access new choices and second chances.
Books like Atlas of the Heart are important to take the time to read as they are self-development books that can help you live a more happy and fulfilling life.
Take a few minutes and read these Atlas of the Heart quotes, and you will see why this book is so powerful.
The Best Atlas of the Heart Quotes
Take a look at these Atlas of the Heart quotes.
1. “We need hope like we need air.” — Brené Brown
2. “Comparison says, ‘Be like everyone else, but better.’” — Brené Brown
3. “Stressed is being in the weeds. Overwhelmed is being blown.” — Brené Brown
4. “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.” — Brené Brown
5. “Vulnerability is not weakness; it’s our greatest measure of courage.” — Brené Brown
6. “Betrayal is so painful because, at its core, it is a violation of trust.” — Brené Brown
7. “Stop walking through the world looking for confirmation that you don’t belong.” — Brené Brown
8. “People will do almost anything to not feel pain, including causing pain and abusing power.” — Brené Brown
9. “Nothing that celebrates the humiliation or pain of another person builds lasting connection.” — Brené Brown
10. “Avoidance will make you feel less vulnerable in the short run, but it will never make you less afraid.” — Brené Brown
Interesting Atlas of the Heart Quotes
Check out these interesting and intriguing Atlas of the Heart quotes.
11. “Worrying and anxiety go together, but worry is not an emotion; it’s the thinking part of anxiety.” — Brené Brown
12. “There is overwhelming evidence that gratitude is good for us physically, emotionally, and mentally.” — Brené Brown
13. “Choosing to be curious is choosing to be vulnerable because it requires us to surrender to uncertainty.” — Brené Brown
14. “Refusal to stand up for what you believe in weakens individual morality and ethics as well as those of the culture.” — Brené Brown
15. “Comparison is the crush of conformity from one side and competition from the other—it’s trying to simultaneously fit in and stand out.” — Brené Brown
16. “I’ve learned that power is not bad, but the abuse of power or using power over others is the opposite of courage; it’s a desperate attempt to maintain a very fragile ego.” — Brené Brown
17. “Communicating our expectations is brave and vulnerable. And it builds meaningful connection and often leads to having a partner or friend who we can reality-check with.” — Brené Brown
Atlas of the Heart Quotes About Life and Emotions
Here are some Atlas of the Heart quotes about life and emotions.
18. “The brokenhearted are the bravest among us-they dared to love.” — Brené Brown
19. “Self-righteousness is the conviction that one’s beliefs and behaviors are the most correct.” — Brené Brown
20. “Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real.” — Brené Brown
21. “Overwhelmed means an extreme level of stress, an emotional and/or cognitive intensity to the point of feeling unable to function.” — Brené Brown
22. “Dread occurs frequently in response to high-probability negative events; its magnitude increases as the dreaded event draws nearer.” — Brené Brown
23. “I remember reading this quote from Elie Wiesel years ago, and it’s become a practice for me—even when I’m enraged or afraid: ‘Never allow anyone to be humiliated in your presence.’” — Brené Brown
24. “Rather than building trust by acknowledging, affirming, and believing, we shut people down when we experience discomfort or disinterest, or when we take over the narrative and make it about us or our perception of what happened.” — Brené Brown
25. “Interestingly, research shows that in the short term, we tend to regret bad outcomes where we took action. However, when we reflect back over the long term, we more often regret the actions we didn’t take—what we didn’t do—and we think of those as missed opportunities.” — Brené Brown
What Does Atlas of the Heart Want to Teach Us?
In the book, Dr. Brown strives to teach us what it means to live a courageous life.
It is about learning that with courage and the right direction, we can undertake any adventure and not lose who we are.
Share these Atlas of the Heart quotes with your friends and post any comments about the book in the comment section below.