Bad Bunny is a trail-blazing artist who has helped bring Latin trap and reggaeton to audiences globally. For more insight into his passion for music and upbringing in Puerto Rico, check out the Bad Bunny quotes below.
What’s your favorite song by Bad Bunny?
Bad Bunny (born Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio) was born and raised in the municipality of Vega Baja, Puerto Rico. While working as a bagger in a local supermarket, Bad Bunny began to upload music on Soundcloud and grow his audience.
Bad Bunny’s 2016 song “Diles” led to him getting his first record deal. Since the start of his career, he has released two studio albums and chart-topping hits such as “MIA” with rapper Drake and “Vete”.
Learn more about Bad Bunny’s rise to the top of the music industry through the quotes below!
Don’t forget to also check out these great Tyler the Creator quotes from the Grammy-Winning artist.
Bad Bunny quotes about life
1. “Money does not change people, people change.” – Bad Bunny
2. “I think it’s important as an artist to never forget where you’re from.” – Bad Bunny
3. “You don’t have the same mentality as you did five years ago – even one year. People are always changing, and I believe that everyone deserves the space to change and for people to recognize their change.” – Bad Bunny
4. “For years, decades, the system has taught us to stay quiet. They’ve made us believe that those who take to the streets to speak up are crazy, criminals, troublemakers.” – Bad Bunny
5. “Everyone has been in love, at some point or another.” – Bad Bunny
6. “What keeps me motivated is love and passion.” – Bad Bunny
7. “I never said I was the best in anything. I never said I’m an icon. The world decides all of that.” – Bad Bunny
8. “I think that by staying true to myself and making music from my heart, the blessings come.” – Bad Bunny
9. “We need to try to unite audiences, unite countries, join musical tastes, unite people.” – Bad Bunny
10. “I don’t want to be fake. I’m just being me. And I have the power to break stereotypes and whatever useless rules that society puts on us.” – Bad Bunny
11. “I only act from my heart.” – Bad Bunny
12. “I like being comfortable at airports, in flip-flops with no jewelry on.” – Bad Bunny
13. “If I have a platform and a voice, I should use it for my people.” – Bad Bunny
Bad Bunny quotes about music and career
14. “A good song never gets old.” – Bad Bunny
15. “A lot of artists fail when they try to act, and they flop. So when I get into acting, it’s going to be to do it well, something good, something of quality. I want people to say, ‘Wow, that movie’ – or that show or whatever – ‘turned out really well.’” – Bad Bunny
16. “Music has the power to inspire the world.” – Bad Bunny
17. “When I came into this industry, I was never afraid to be myself.” – Bad Bunny
18. “Latin music is universal.” – Bad Bunny
19. “When I write, it’s like choosing which shoes I’m going to put on. More often than not, my lyrics are personal – but I sometimes have to put myself in other people’s shoes.” – Bad Bunny
20. “I work hard to be able to set myself apart from everything else that’s going on in the trap genre.” – Bad Bunny
21. “The fame isn’t important to me. It’s a blessing to have. Having so many people that support me, that love me and listen to my music, is beautiful.” – Bad Bunny
22. “My goal in music is to create nostalgic moments.” – Bad Bunny
23. “No one tells me what to do with my music. Real. My mom doesn’t tell what to say, how is someone else going to?” – Bad Bunny
24. “Music is something no one can control.” – Bad Bunny
25. “To all the musicians, to the Academy, with all due respect, reggaeton is part of our Latin culture. And its representing as much as any other genre at the worldwide level.” – Bad Bunny
26. “Some people are making music just for numbers and views.” – Bad Bunny
27. “The first rap CD that I had, it was so different for me. The energy, the wordplay, all that caught my attention, and I liked it.” – Bad Bunny
28. “You listen to the radio and all the songs sound the same, from 8 in the morning to 12.” – Bad Bunny
29. “To me, the most important artists in my career are Arcangel and Balvin. Arcangel gave me the push, the respect in the streets.” – Bad Bunny
30. “Reggaeton is a global genre.” – Bad Bunny
31. “If tomorrow I want to release a rock album or I want to release a bachata album, nobody can tell me anything – why can’t I?” – Bad Bunny
Bad Bunny quotes about upbringing and family
32. “Everyone has their style and your style explains a lot about who you are – you feel me? I’ve had style since childhood, so I like to dress how I feel. But maybe I get carried away by some trends.” – Bad Bunny
33. “Be proud to be Latino and never lose that pride!” – Bad Bunny
34. “The only difference between Benito and Bad Bunny is 16 million followers on Instagram. And the money that Bad Bunny has in the bank. Benito had, like, $7. The numbers are different, but I’m still the same. Even my insecurities remain the same.” – Bad Bunny
35. “If a small-town boy like me who bagged groceries was able to make his dreams come true, you can too.” – Bad Bunny
36. “My mami and papi love my music. They’re always listening to the radio waiting for one of my songs to come on. And when it does, they turn up the volume – and turn it back down when it’s over.” – Bad Bunny
37. “When I was at school, I used to stay on a balcony singing and people would stand around listening.” – Bad Bunny
38. “I can simply tell you that since I was a kid, I didn’t like to look like anyone else.” – Bad Bunny
39. “I’ve always been surrounded by many great people and professors, but my family, especially my mom who was a teacher, was the person who encouraged me to study and pushed me to continue. When we’re young, we don’t understand why our parents bug us so much with school and doing homework, but it’s a blessing to have that support at home.” – Bad Bunny
40. “Since childhood, I’ve been a clown. I’ve always liked being very funny or trying to make people laugh. It’s my original self.” – Bad Bunny
41. “I grew up in a rural area called Vega Baja and I’m the first of so many talented people in this area to make it out. I take great pride to represent where I come from and I am able to show my fans, and everyone who listens and watches me, that anything is possible.” – Bad Bunny
42. “My mom is very religious – Catholic – and from a young age they brought me to the church.” – Bad Bunny
43. “I would get out of school and go straight to my computer to create beats.” – Bad Bunny
44. “I always like to create things that get attention. It used to be a problem when I wasn’t famous. Now, I can do whatever I want and people have to accept it.” – Bad Bunny
45. “If I went out to play basketball with other kids, when I came home I’d shower and go right back to the computer again. If there was a birthday party or a family activity, I would take my laptop and spend the whole day there.” – Bad Bunny
Bad Bunny quotes about Puerto Rico
46. “I’ll live in Puerto Rico until the day I die.” – Bad Bunny
47. “Being a Puerto Rican artist, I support all kinds of projects that are developed on my beautiful island that in some way or another put our Puerto Rican flag up.” – Bad Bunny
48. “In Puerto Rico, we dance to everything.” – Bad Bunny
49. “Puerto Rico’s relationship with music is everything. It’s an island full of talent and if you grow up there, you grow up living and breathing music.” – Bad Bunny
50. “I live in Puerto Rico, my family lives in Puerto Rico, my friends. What happens in Puerto Rico matters to me.” – Bad Bunny
How would you describe your style?
Bad Bunny’s unique style is one of the many reasons he has become a global superstar. From the clothes he wears to the music he makes, he isn’t afraid to follow his own passion.
I challenge you to dare to be different, just like Bad Bunny. For example, be wary of trends. Don’t just pursue something because everyone else is doing it. Do it because you know in your heart it’s the right thing to do for you.
Being your unique, beautiful self takes an immeasurable amount of courage. But I believe that you have that courage inside of you!
Which of these Bad Bunny quotes and lyrics is your favorite? Who else should we feature on Everyday Power? Leave all your comments below!
November 5, 2020 7:00 AM EST