The Marvel Cinematic Universe is one of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time.
One might argue that a lot of that success has to do with the witty one-liners, snarky jokes, and well-placed pop culture references in the movies, which is why we’ve created our list of the top 50 best Avengers quotes.
With 23 films and counting in the franchise, we could easily come up with a thousand quotable lines.
So, for this list, we’ll stick with just the top 50 Avengers quotes from The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame.
Don’t forget to also check out these Thanos quotes about conquering the world.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Funny Avengers movie quotes from The Marvel Cinematic Universe MCU
1. “Doth your mother know you wereth her drapes?” — Tony Stark
You will also enjoy our article on Iron Man quotes.
2. “Language!” — Steve Rogers
You will also enjoy our article on Black Panther quotes.
3. “I understood that reference.” — Steve Rogers
You will also enjoy our article on Tropic Thunder quotes.
4. “I’m glad you asked that because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan.” — Ultron
5. “Well, I was born yesterday.” — Vision
You will also enjoy our article on Bucky Barnes quotes.
6. “But if you put the hammer in an elevator?” — Steve Rogers
7. “When you said you were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world, this is not what I imagined.” — Okoye
8. “I am Groot.”
“I am Steve Rogers.”
9. “Get lost, Squidward.” — Tony Stark
10. “I get emails from a raccoon so nothing sounds crazy anymore.” — Natasha
11. “It’s good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I’m a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster.” — Tony Stark
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Hawkeye quotes from the mini-series.
Iconic Avengers quotes
12. “Cause if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn sure we’ll avenge it.” — Tony Stark
13. “There was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if we could become something more” — Nick Fury
14. “If we’re going to win this fight, some of us might have to lose it.” — Hawkeye
15. “These guys come from legend, Captain. They’re basically Gods.” — Natasha
16. “I still believe in heroes.” — Nick Fury
17. “You get hurt, hurt ’em back. You get killed… Walk it off.” — Steve Rogers
18. “Then we’ll do that together, too.” — Steve Rogers
19. “I’m not looking for forgiveness, and I’m way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we’re here to fight.” — Steve Rogers
20. “This is no place to die.” — Black Panther
21. “I used to have nothing and then I got this. This job, this family. And I was better because of it. Even though they’re gone, I’m still trying to be better.” — Natasha
22. “Don’t worry… She’s got help.” — Natasha
23. “This is the fight of our lives. We are going to win. Whatever it takes.” — Steve Rogers
24. “Some people move on. But not us.” — Steve Rogers
25. “Avengers! Assemble!” — Steve Rogers
Which Avenger is your favorite?
From witty one-liners to wise-cracking japes to inspiring moments, these Avengers quotes would mean nothing without the characters who said them.
The MCU did a magnificent job of carefully crafting a universe filled with well-rounded characters that we truly care about.
Starting with Iron Man in 2008, Marvel changed cinema forever by doing something totally innovative.
They slowly started releasing films revolving around classic comic book characters and dove deep into character development and world-building before tying it all together for the Avengers series.
By creating the films in this way, audiences have spent the last 13 years getting to know and love each member of the Avengers team, making these Avengers quotes hit us on an even deeper level.
Which Avengers quotes and lines are your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below!