This collection of tough times quotes will lift you up and motivate you to get back on your feet once more.
When you are down on your luck or feel as if you just can’t catch a break, sometimes it’s difficult to pick up the pieces and get things moving again.
Tell us which of these uplifting quotes resonated with you the most in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these uplifting quotes?
During moments of sadness, it can feel like no one understands us or that no one has gone through what we are going through.
It is during these times that reading quotes of power, inspirational depression quotes, encouragement, or words of wisdom from others who have walked in our shoes before, can give us some clarity to fully understand that we will get through this difficult time.
These uplifting quotes will remind you of a few simple truths:
Sometimes, even just the simplest encouraging word can be what we need to turn things around.
Perhaps these quotes about hope for the future will provide encouragement when tough times hit.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Uplifting Sayings and Quotes To Help You Get Through Tough Times
1. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’
2. “Encouragement is like water to the soul, it makes everything grow.” – Chris Burkmenn
You will also enjoy our article on good morning quotes for him.
3. “You need to be buried deep in the dirt before you can find your bloom.” – Roz Inga
4. “You’ve got to stay strong to be strong in tough times.” – Tilman J. Fertitta
5. “Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.” – Joel Osteen
You will also enjoy our article on everything will be okay quotes.
7. “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” – Steve Martin, ‘Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life’
8. “I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.” – Frida Kahlo
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of survival quotes to motivate you to keep going.
You will also enjoy our article on famous poems.
10. “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” – Stephanie Lahart, ‘Overcoming Life’s Obstacles: Enlighten-Encourage-Empower’
You will also enjoy our article on patience quotes.
Inspiring Quotes To Help You Get Through Tough Times
11. “If you always attach positive emotions to the things you want, and never attach negative emotions to the things you don’t, then that which you desire most will invariably come your way.” – Matt D. Miller
You will also enjoy our article on good man quotes.
12. “One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone.” – Shannon L. Alder
13. “There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” – Paulo Coelho, ‘The Fifth Mountain’
14. “Opportunity may knock only once but temptation leans on the door bell.” – Oprah Winfrey, ‘Oprah Winfrey Speaks: Insights from the World’s Most Influential Voice’
You will also enjoy our article on being alone quotes.
15. “Connecting with those you know love, like and appreciate you restores the spirit and gives you energy to keep moving forward in this life.” – Deborah Day, ‘BE HAPPY NOW!’
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of moving quotes about the power of a new environment.
16. “The greatest joys in life are found not only in what we do and feel, but also in our quiet hopes and labors for others.” – Bryant McGill, ‘Voice of Reason’
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being strong.
17. “Who do you spend time with? Criticizers or encouragers? Surround yourself with those who believe in you. Your life is too important for anything less.” – Steve Goodier
You will also enjoy our article on rare inspirational quotes.
18. “If you feel like giving up, give up on that feeling and give into the realization there are endless possibilities waiting to be discovered before you.” – Tom Althouse
19. “So the next time you see a person with a compose face and a soft voice, remember that inside her mind she might be solving an equation, composing a sonnet, designing a hat. She might, that is, be deploying the powers of quiet.” – Susan Cain, ‘Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking’
You will also enjoy our article on marine quotes.
More Quotes and Sayings for When The Going Gets Tough
21. “The noble-minded encourage what is beautiful in people and discourage what is ugly in them. Little people do just the opposite.” – Confucius, ‘The Analects’
You will also enjoy our article on Fahrenheit 451 quotes.
22. “But I’ve bought a big bat.
I’m all ready, you see.
Now my troubles are going
To have troubles with me!” – Dr. Seuss
You will also enjoy our article on adversity quotes.
23. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” – C. JoyBell C.
You will also enjoy our article on bloom quotes.
24. “At the root of all misery is unfulfilled desire.” – Scott Hahn, ‘Hope for Hard Times’
You will also enjoy our article on past quotes.
25. “…I’ve discovered that if you want to reach your true potential, it’s much more effective to ignite a new passion for life than to dwell on past problems.” – Neil A. Fiore, ‘Awaken Your Strongest Self: Break Free of Stress, Inner Conflict, and Self-Sabotage’
You will also enjoy our article on Breaking Bad quotes.
26. “In life, we make the best decisions we can with the information we have on hand.” – Agnes Kamara-Umunna, ‘And Still Peace Did Not Come: A Memoir of Reconciliation’
27. “Every goal first started as something in our mind. You have it all within you!” – Deborah Day, ‘BE HAPPY NOW!’
28. “He worked with her as she was and not as he wanted her to be.” – Colin Clark, ‘My Week with Marilyn’
29. “How can you love people without encouraging them? And how can you be loyal to people without educating them.” – Confucius, ‘The Analects’
30. “For the rest of his life, Oliver Twist remembers a single word of blessing spoken to him by another child because this word stood out so strikingly from the consistent discouragement around him.” – Charles Dickens, ‘Oliver Twist’
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of wise Charles Dickens quotes on self-worth, love, and more.
Uplifting quotes for difficult times
31. “Tough times are the furnace where the strongest steel of your character is forged.” ― Daisaku Ikeda
32. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”—Confucius
33. “Every adversity brings new experiences and new lessons.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
34. “Do not sit still; start moving now. In the beginning, you may not go in the direction you want, but as long as you are moving, you are creating alternatives and possibilities.” – Rodolfo Costa, ‘Advice My Parents Gave Me: and Other Lessons I Learned from My Mistakes’
35. Tough times are the training ground for a stronger version of yourself.” ― Robin Sharma
36. “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.” – Bob Riley
37. “Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.” – Muhammad Ali
38. “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
39. “Never give up. Things may be hard, but if you quit trying they’ll never get better. Stop worrying and start trusting God. It will be worth it.” ― Germany Kent
40. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Inspirational tough times quotes to make you strong
41. “Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal.” – Nathan Chen
42. Going through challenging things can teach you a lot, and they also make you appreciate the times that aren’t so challenging.” – Carrie Fisher
43. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.”– Kenji Miyazawa
44. “I don’t know a startup that hasn’t been through tough times.” – Vinod Khosla
45. “You start with a darkness to move through
but sometimes the darkness moves through you.” ― Dean Young
46. “I like to use the hard times of the past to motivate me today.” – Dwayne Johnson
47. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
48. “Hard times, when held with open hands and a tender heart, can prepare us for the future.” ― Cindee Snider Re
49. “There have been some hard times, people around me supported me.” – Laure Manaudou
50. “Hard times may have put you down sometimes but they will not last forever. When all is said and done, you will be wise and strong.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of rough day quotes for a better tomorrow.
Tough times quotes to remind you of your strength
51. “Problems are not stop signs; they are guidelines.”—Robert Schuller
52. “We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us.”—William J. Brennan
53. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”—Dale Carnegie
54. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.”– Og Mandino
55. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”—Carl Bard
56. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
57. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”—Thomas Edison
58. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”—Christopher Robin to Pooh, A.A. Milne
59. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.”―H.G. Wells
60. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.”—Robert H. Schuller
61. “Let perseverance be your engine and hope your fuel.”—H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
62. “To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist.”—Gail Sheehy
63. “He knows not his own strength who hath not met adversity.”– William Samuel Johnson
64. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”—Les Brown
65. “Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit.”– Napoleon Hill
You might also like these pain quotes will help you channel your warrior within.
Inspirational tough times quotes
66. “Enthusiasm is common. Endurance is rare.” — Angela Duckworth
67. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
68. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life.” — J.K. Rowling
69. “The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity.” – Seneca The Younger
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Seneca quotes that will help you in all facets of your life.
70. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” — Margaret Thatcher
71. “Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.” – Coco Chanel
72. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” — Og Mandino
73. “Hard times make you bitter or make you more compassionate.” – Jewel
74. “Tough times are the chapters of your story that reveal your unwavering determination.” ― Tony Robbins
Tough times quotes to get you through the difficult times
76. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
77. “It takes a lot of courage to push through hard times. Never give up. Good things are coming your way.”― Robert Tew
78. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.”– Duke Ellington
79. “Hard times lifts the seeking souls to higher spiritual realms.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
80. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
81. “Nobody can make you to feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
82. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
83. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually fear that you will make one.” – Elbert Hubbard
84. “People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
85. “Just think how happy you would be if you lost everything you have right now, and then got it back again.” – Frances Rodman
Tough times quotes to strengthen you
86. In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” – Lee Iacocca
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of positive energy quotes about the power of good vibes.
87. “Hard days are the best because that’s when champions are made.” – Gabrielle Douglas
88. “When life changes itself to harder. Change yourself to stronger.” –
Anurag Prakash Ray
89. “Only during hard times do people come to understand how difficult it is to be master of their feelings and thoughts.” – Anton Chekhov
90. “The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is.” – Charles M Schwab
91. “Life will always be hard on you, but it doesn’t mean you should give up.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
92. “One small crack does not mean you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” – Linda Poindexter
93. “In difficult times, it’s so hard to look around and to see what to be grateful for.” – Alice Barrett
94. “In my experience, people who don’t stick around during the hard times weren’t worth having around anyway.” – Kimberly Belle
95. “Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” – Walt Disney
Tough times quotes to remind you how strong you are
96. “The oak sleeps in the acorn. The bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul, a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of reality.” – Napoleon Hill
97. “It’s not exactly like you thought it would be, you think it’s a failure. What about the spectrum of colors in between.” – Sara Evans
98. “When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
99. “Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.” – Albert Schweitzer
100. “You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.” – James Allen
101. “The best way to get rid of the pain is to feel the pain. And when you feel the pain and go beyond it, you’ll see there’s a very intense love that is wanting to awaken itself.” – Deepak Chopra
102. “Man is fond of counting his troubles but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up, as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
103. “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” – Epictetus
104. “To have darkness behind me, in front of me a bright sky, flickering lights on the water and to feel it on the stony face of the southern sun.” – Julia Hartwig
105. “Tough times may bruise your spirit, but they also polish the diamond within.” ― Oprah Winfrey
Tough times quotes for when things get difficult
106. “We are all dealing with a challenge of some kind. Some of us are just better at hiding it than others.” – Karen Salmansohn
107. “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo – far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” — Jodi Picoult
108. “When someone is going through a storm…your silent presence is more powerful than a million empty words.” – Thelma Davis
109. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” — Oprah Winfrey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of wisdom quotes from the world’s greatest minds.
110. “I didn’t fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” – Benjamin Franklin
111. “It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.” — Dieter F. Uchtdorf
112. “Falling down is how we grow. Staying down is how we die.” – Brian Vaczily
113. “Strong people alone know how to organize their suffering so as to bear only the most necessary pain.” — Emil Dorian
114. “Sometimes painful things can teach us lessons that we didn’t think we needed to know.” – Amy Poehler
115. “It may sound strange, but many champions are made champions by setbacks.” — Bob Richards
Tough times quotes to keep you going strong
116. “We should always pray for help, but we should always listen for inspiration and impression to proceed in ways different from those we may have thought of.”– John H. Groberg
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
117. “You are not allowed to let the sadness ruin you.” – Karen Salmansohn
118. “Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.”– John Wooden
119. “After a storm comes a calm.” – Matthew Henry
120. “To succeed, you have to do something and be very bad at it for a while. You have to look bad before you can look really good.”– Barbara DeAngelis
121. “Tough times helped many commodities traders become lean and mean through consolidation, mergers and cost cutting. All that excess supply has been sopped up.” – Jim Rogers
122. “It’s true that no one ever said life would be easy, but it is also true that no one ever said you had to go through it alone.”― Jellis Vaes
123. “Suffering can refine us rather than destroy us because God himself walks with us in the fire.” – Timothy Keller
124. “Difficult times will come.” It’s a fact of life, isn’t it? There are good times and bad times in everybody’s life.”― Raj Kosaraju
125. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
Relatable tough times quotes
126. “Use what you’ve been through as fuel, believe in yourself and be unstoppable!”– Yvonne Pierre
127. “Become a happy memory collector. Live fully in the now, appreciating each moment. This is how you capture future memories.” – Karen Salmansohn
128. “It doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop.”– Confucius
129. “People in tough times – it doesn’t mean they don’t have a great attitude.” – Joel Osteen
130. “See your hard times through the spectacles of your experiences. They, too, shall pass away.”― Ogwo David Emenike
131. “Everybody goes through some tough times in their life, no matter what you do. Man, I’ve had my tough times.” – David Ortiz
132. “Life keeps throwing me stones. And I keep finding the diamonds…”― Ana Claudia Antunes
133. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” – Harry Golden
134. “Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.” – Arthur Golden
135. “When life takes the wind out of your sails, it is to test you at the oars.” –
Have you seen these hero quotes for more inspiration?
Tough times quotes to elevate your mind
136. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.”—Bernice Johnson Reagon
137. “You can make heaven out of hell, or hell out of heaven. The choice is yours.”― Shannon L. Alder
138. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.”―Mary Anne Radmach
139. “Difficult times produce strong men and women. Keep on your struggle to achieve your dreams!”― Avijeet Das
140. “You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you.” – Dan Millman
141. “Do not get discouraged in times of difficulties.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
142. “In tough times, everyone has to take their share of the pain.” – Theresa May
143. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.”― Zig Ziglar
144. “Tough times call for tough choices and pinching every penny.” – John Hickenlooper
145. “When you meet the real problems of life, think of the real lessons of life for the real lessons of life are in the real problems of life.”― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
Tough times quotes to strengthen your mindset
146. “There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet.”—William Frederick Halsey, Jr.
147. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
148. “If you can’t fly then run if you can’t run then walk if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of keep pushing quotes about moving forward.
149. “It’s getting tougher because you’re getting Closer to your Breakthrough and the things you’ve been praying for. When things get tough, you must toughen up.”― Jeanette Coron
150. “I say find one true friend to help you get through the tough times.” – Kelly Osbourne
151. “All warriors of a free life share a hardcore mantel that brindles them through troubled times.”― Kilroy J. Oldster
152. “I think you need to go through some stuff to really appreciate life and understand what it means to persevere, overcome and have faith. I think those tough times make you a stronger person.” – Judith Hill
153. “Don’t miss the blessing disguised as shit.”― Jennifer Ho-Dougatz
154. “I wouldn’t ever say if you’re having tough times then there must be something wrong with you or your attitude. Life’s a fight. It’s a good fight of faith. I encourage people to stay up, stay hopeful, stay faith-filled.” – Joel Osteen
155. “Don’t stop breathing just because night has fallen! Don’t stop breathing just because you are sleeping.”― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
Tough times quotes to uplift you today
156. “You’re going to go through tough times that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
157. “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do. I preach that, and I guess you have to live to it.” – Julian Edelman
158. “There were good times, there were hard times, but there were never bad times.” – Steve Jobs
159. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
160. “Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
161. “Love so joyfully and freely given can never be taken away. It is never truly gone.” – Cameron Dokey
162. “Certainly, there were tough times, but no, you can’t go back and change it. So, why dwell on it?” – Alex Smith
163. “Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.” – Janice Trachtman
164. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.” – Doe Zantamata
165. “I will always find a way and a way will always find me.” – Charles F. Glassman
Tough times quotes to motivate you during hard times
166. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
167. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” – Walter Elliot
168. “Even in the tough times, He’s still a good God.” – Victoria Osteen
169. “I’m so grateful to God for allowing my dreams to come true. It was worth going through a few tough times, as I am so appreciative for my many, many blessings.” – Ainsley Earhardt
170. “Just because I’m in the spotlight – I’m actually no better than anyone else. Everyone has hard days and tough times.” – Kyle Carpenter
171. “We’re going to have tough times. We’re going to have five-game losing streaks. Everybody goes through it.” – Masai Ujiri
172. “Faith is why I’m here today and faith is why I made it through.’ – Jonathan Anthony Burkett
173. “Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being.” – Kevin Kruse
174. “Scared is what you’re feeling. Brave is what you’re doing.” – Emma Donoghue
175. “Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get, you’ve got to make yourself.” – Alice Walker
176. “I’ve got nothing to do today but smile.” – Paul Simon
More tough times quotes and sayings
177. By sticking it out through tough times, people emerge from adversity with a stronger sense of efficacy.”- Albert Bandura
178. “Do not be concerned too much with what will happen. Everything which happens will be good and useful for you.” – Epictetus
179. “I think that everybody needs somebody to really look up to and know that even though you’re going through a tough time, you’ll get over it.” – Bella Thorne
180. “Tonight we cry, we despair, and we fear. Tomorrow we get back to work trying to build the world we want.” – Sam Altman
181. “When I see my own people going through the tough times, it’s a wake-up call. I hope my influence can impact someone else’s decision to get out here and vote.”- Bow Wow
182. “Sometimes the tide is with us, and sometimes against. But we keep swimming either way.” – Charlie Munger
183. “Don’t bemoan your fate. Everybody’s not going to be dealt the same hand. Everybody’s going to go through tough times.”- Chuck Knox
184. “You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” – Robin Williams
185. “The Universe may be stranger than we can imagine, but it’s going to have a tough time outdoing Egan.”- Greg Egan
186. “Hard times are good in their own way, too. The only way you can achieve true happiness is if you experience true sadness as well.” – Gabrielle Williams
Tough time quotes for whatever you facing right now
187. “I believe most people in their life will fall upon tough times at some point.” — Esther McVey
188. “In tough times, one has to see if the fundamentals of the business are good or not.” — Naveen Tewari
189. “In prosperous times, the marginal workers get by. But in tough times, they get the shaft.” — Bill O’Reilly
190. “When I had older guys around me, I kind of leaned on them for advice and went through tough times.” — Rajon Rondo
191. “I had a lot of tough times, and I know what it is. We must move forward, working equally and always strong.” — David de Gea
192. “You always feel for your fellow players when they are going through tough times, losing and things like that.” — Sonny Bill Williams
193. “Some children are tackling tough times without the support that can help them because the adults in their life are scared to ask.” — Kate Middleton
194. “It really helps me if I think back to what our first families up here went through because, my goodness, they really had very tough times.” — Gina Rinehart
195. “Things are constantly in flux and changing, and as crazy-making as that can be, it’s also the thing that can get you through tough times, ‘Well, things change.’” — Paul Rust
196. “I’ve lived in many things – boats, caravans, and buses. I’ve been homeless, I’ve had no money: everything. But I believe in magic, and having a vision. The tough times made me a warrior. I work hard.” — Neon Hitch
Tough time quotes to help you through difficulty
197. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
198. “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” — Randy Pausch
199. “Prosperity is not without many fears and disasters; and adversity is not without comforts and hopes.” – Francis Bacon
200. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Khalil Gibran
201. “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” — Lou Holtz
202. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” — Albert Camus
203. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” — Benjamin Franklin
204. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
205. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” — Helen Keller
206. “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” — Mark Twain
Quotes About Tough Times That Make You Come Out Strong
207. “Hard times are sometimes blessings in disguise. We do have to suffer but in the end it makes us strong, better and wise.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
208. “The harder you fall, the heavier your heart; the heavier your heart, the stronger you climb; the stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal.” — Criss Jami
209. “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” — Drew Barrymore
210. “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” — William Ellery Channing
211. “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger.” — Dalai Lama
212. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” — Christopher Reeve
213. “Confidence, courage and determined spirit are vital for surviving hard times.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
214. “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” — Albert Einstein
215. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
216. “On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.” — Gregory S. Williams
Quotes About Tough Times to Help You Open Up
217. “I’m used to really struggling and facing a hard time to get things going, until I’m comfortable at all with them.” ― Seth Rogen
218. The person who can dominate during rough times is the person who can dominate, period.” ― Gary Vaynerchuk
219. “Even a small amount of perspective can change our lives. Because even the smallest amount of perspective can change how we are able to navigate hard times.” ― Andy Andrews
220. “Hard times always uncover the basic goodness and evil of the day.” ― Zig Ziglar
221. “When you sit face to face with someone who is pleasant, respectful, and polite, you have hard time reminding yourself that nothing he says is true/sincere.” ― Milan Kundera
222. “Even the hard times are part of your life story. If you acknowledge them and move past them, they eventually add up to the experience that makes you wise.” ― Miley Cyrus
223. “Everyone goes through a hard time in their life.” ― Kirsten Dunst
224. I don’t know if I’ve had my share of drama, but I’ve definitely had my share of hard times.” ― Serena Williams
225. “There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression to develop psychic muscles.” ― Frank Herbert
226. “I’m really out of touch with myself emotionally. I’ve always had a hard time talking about how I feel.” ― Sharon Van Etten
Tough Times Quotes About Resilience and Hustle
227. Tough times may bend you, but they can’t break your spirit.” ― Maya Angelou
228. “In the darkest of moments, the light within you shines brightest.” ― Oprah Winfrey
229. “Strength is not born from easy times; it’s forged in the fires of adversity.” ― Arnold Schwarzenegger
230. “When faced with tough times, remember that challenges are the seeds of change.” ― Tony Robbins
231. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” ― C.S. Lewis
232. In the storm of adversity, you discover the anchor of your resolve.” ― Max Lucado
233. Tough times are the bridge between who you are and who you can become.” ― Darren Hardy
234. When you can’t control the situation, control your response to it.” ― Jack Canfield
233. “In the face of adversity, be like a tree. Stand tall and find strength in your roots.” ― Malala Yousafzai
234. “Tough times are a test of character; they reveal the true you.” ― Zig Ziglar
235. “When you walk through the valley of tough times, keep your eyes on the mountaintop.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
Tough Times Quotes From Setbacks to Comebacks
236. “In the midst of adversity, you discover the hero within you.” ― Les Brown
237. “The darkest hours have only sixty minutes.” ― Morris Mandel
238. “Tough times may slow you down, but they can’t stop you from reaching your destination.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
239. “Adversity introduces you to yourself; it reveals your inner strength.” ― Albert Schweitzer
240. “Even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise.” ― Victor Hugo
241. “When life gets tough, the tough get going.” ― Joseph P. Kennedy
242. “Only in the darkness can you see the stars.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
243. “I think my biggest achievement is that, after going through a rather difficult time, I consider myself comparatively sane.” ― Jackie Kennedy
244. “We warriors of light must be prepared to have patience in difficult times and to know that the Universe is conspiring in our favor, even though we may not understand how.” ― Paulo Coelho
245. “I promise you that one day you will stand aside and look at your difficult times, you will realize that he was always there beside you.” ― Thomas S. Monson
246. “In difficult times, we’re not supposed to quit believing; we’re not supposed to quit growing.” ― Joel Osteen
247. “It’s in the difficult times that we’re growing and you can’t just rebuke everything hard. We’ve got to endure it and fight the good fight of faith and pass the test.” ― Joel Osteen
248. “Hope is such an important component to moving forward and getting past the difficult times.” ― Alan Robertson
249. “I try to help other people get through difficult times in their own lives.” ― Joshua Radin
250. “In difficult times, people just like to hear music. They like to be moved by what they hear. And music speaks different languages.” ― Itzhak Perlman
251. “Scripture suggests that meditating on the Word of God can have an always-on effect of peace and strength in difficult times.” ― David Jeremiah
Are you experiencing some tough times?
Don’t worry: there’s always light at the end of every tunnel.
You may experience pain, sadness, or loss, but remember that they’re only there for a season.
Often, no matter how hard life gets, it’s up to us to pick up the pieces and continue.
If you found these uplifting quotes about going through tough times helpful, then please share them with your friends on social media.