Fans of racing will enjoy these Ayrton Senna quotes from the talented racecar driver.
Ayrton’s full name is Ayrton Senna da Silva, and he was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, in 1960 and died in Bologna, Italy, in 1994 at the age of 34.
He had a very successful racing career and won the Formula One World Drivers’ Championship in 1988, 1990, and 1991.
Ayrton began racing in kart racing at the age of 13 in 1973 when he entered a karting competition with a kart built by his father.
He won the Karting World Championship in 1977 and started his Formula One career in 1984, driving for the Formula One team of Toleman, a relatively new team.
During his racing career, he drove for the formula one teams of Lotus, McLaren, and Williams.
Take a look at these Ayrton Senna quotes to learn more about the talented driver who was taken too soon.
You will also enjoy our article on Ferrari quotes.
The Best Ayrton Senna Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes from Ayrton Senna
1. “I have no idols.” — Ayrton Senna
2. “Thank you, Brazil. Thank you, fans.” — Ayrton Senna
3. “Because in a split second, it’s gone.” — Ayrton Senna
4. “The harder I push, the more I find within myself.” — Ayrton Senna
5. “If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear.” — Ayrton Senna
6. “The danger sensation is exciting. The challenge is to find new dangers.” — Ayrton Senna
7. “If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.” — Ayrton Senna
8. “With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” — Ayrton Senna
9. “The same moment that you are seen as the best, the fastest, and somebody that cannot be touched, you are enormously fragile.” — Ayrton Senna
10. “I started racing go-karts, and I love karts. It’s the most breathtaking sport in the world. More than F1, indeed, I used to like it most.” — Ayrton Senna
Ayrton Senna Quotes About Racing
Take a look at some quotes from Ayrton about his experiences racing.
11. “Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.” — Ayrton Senna
12. “I am as scared as anyone of getting hurt, especially driving a Formula One car.” — Ayrton Senna
13. “If I ever happen to have an accident that eventually costs me my life, I hope it is in one go.” — Ayrton Senna
14. “You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood.” — Ayrton Senna
15. “Suddenly, I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct; only I was in a different dimension.” — Ayrton Senna
16. “I was already on pole, then by half a second and then one second, and I just kept going. Suddenly I was nearly two seconds faster than anybody else, including my teammate with the same car.” — Ayrton Senna
17. “It’s important that the drivers stay together because in difficult moments, we have each other. If we are not together, the financial and political interests of the organizers and constructors come to the fore.” — Ayrton Senna
You will also enjoy our article on Dale Earnhardt quotes.
Inspiring Ayrton Senna Quotes
These quotes from Ayrton Senna are sure to inspire you.
18. “The weak go nowhere.” — Ayrton Senna
19. “You do something very well or not at all.” — Ayrton Senna
20. “I respect hard work, dedication, and competence.” — Ayrton Senna
21. “We all breathe the same air. We must give a chance to everyone, at least a basic chance.” — Ayrton Senna
22. “You commit yourself to such a level where there is no compromise. You give everything you have, everything, absolutely everything.” — Ayrton Senna
23. “If I’m going to live, I want to live fully, very intensely, because I am an intense person. It would ruin my life if I had to live partially.” — Ayrton Senna
24. “If a person has no dreams, they no longer have any reason to live. Dreaming is necessary, although in the dream reality should be glimpsed.” — Ayrton Senna
25. “Whoever you are, no matter what social position you have, rich or poor, always show great strength and determination and always do everything with much love and deep faith in God. One day you will reach your goal.” — Ayrton Senna
How Did Ayrton Die?
During the latter part of Ayrton’s career, he had become more concerned with the safety of his industry.
On the day of his death, he spent time in the morning talking about improving safety for drivers.
During the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix, there were multiple injuries and death during the qualifying race.
Sid Watkins told Ayrton that he should retire for safety.
Ayrton loved racing too much and still entered the race, and in a horrible accident on lap seven, his car hit a retaining wall, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Please share these Ayrton Senna quotes from the talented driver with your family and friends and post any comments about the driver in the comment section below.