Reading balloon quotes is as amazing as playing with balloons used to be when we were kids.
Get ready for a fun ride as you read through this collection of quotes.
They are interesting and funny and will give you a reason to smile.
Why Do Kids Love Balloons so Much?
An event staged for kids isn’t complete without balloons.
Balloons not only serve as a decorative element but also add fun to the party.
To put it simply, kids love balloons more than anything else.
If you wonder why, here are a few reasons for this attachment.
1. Kids can have a lot of Fun with Balloons
There is a fun part associated with balloons.
Kids love the feel of a balloon and its texture.
They can stretch them, press them, and throw them in the air.
Kids can also play games with balloons.
Air-filled balloons are more fun than helium-filled balloons because kids can play with them by passing or throwing them at each other.
2. Balloons are Inexpensive
Another reason why kids love balloons is the price factor.
Balloons are cheap and inexpensive.
This makes it possible for every kid to buy and play with them.
Also, kids don’t have to bother even if they have lost a couple of balloons.
3. Kids are Attracted to Balloons due to their Colors and Shapes
Another reason why kids are in love with balloons is their color, designs, and texture.
At present, you can also buy balloons shaped like cartoon characters.
Playing with these types of balloons is a fun-loaded activity.
Below is our collection of balloon quotes and sayings collected from various sources over the years.
Short Balloon Quotes
The following balloon quotes are short yet impressive. And you will enjoy reading as well as sharing these quotes.
1. “We buy balloons, we let them go.” — Bret Easton Ellis
2. “There’s something in a huge balloon.” — William Wordsworth
3. “Throwing water balloons wakes you up!” — Kevin Jonas
4. “Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon.” — A. A. Milne
5. “Whatever makes your balloon red, Swopes.” — Darynda Jones
6. “Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.” — Richard Bach
7. “Balloonists have an unsurpassed view of the scenery.” — H. L. Mencken
8. “What is success? It is a toy balloon among children armed with pins.” — Gene Fowler
9. “My sense of romance stretches a little further than a barrage balloon.” — Ian Kelsey
10. “My grandfather invented the cold air balloon. But it never really took off.” — Milton Jones
Cute Balloon Quotes for Kids
Below are the most popular and interesting balloon quotes suitable for sharing with your family and friends. You can share these balloon quotes at a party or gathering to add more fun to your event.
11. “The Moon’s a Balloon.” — David Niven
12. “Who knows if the moon is a balloon, coming out of a keen city in the sky…” — E. E. Cummings
13. “Imagination is to love what gas is to the balloon — that which raises it from the earth.” — Letitia Elizabeth Landon
14. “I used to get a shiver if I thought about holding balloons because I was scared of floating away.” — Fiona Apple
15. “Imagination is like a lofty building reared to meet the sky; whereas fancy is a balloon that soars at the wind’s will.” — Gelett Burgess
16. “It’s so graceful to be blown by the wind, to go where the wind takes you. Just drifting over beautiful rivers in a balloon is perfect.” — Richard Branson
17. “When one steals a flying balloon and animates it to fly over Paris, one should, ideally, have some idea how said balloon normally works.” — Cassandra Clare
18. “Poetry is a theorem of a yellow—silk handkerchief knotted with riddles, sealed in a balloon tied to the tail of a kite flying in a white wind against a blue sky in spring.” — Carl Sandburg
19. “Science is like a flashlight in the hands of people living in a huge balloon. They can illuminate anything in the balloon, but cannot shine it outside the balloon to see where it is floating — or if it is floating at all.” — Huston Smith
20. “A hot air balloon requires a great deal of fuel to keep it aloft so that you can’t fly it even for a day. A gas balloon, which usually uses helium, has the problem that the helium cools at night when the sun is not on it, and you have to throw ballast overboard to keep it from going to the surface.” — Steve Fossett
Funny Balloon Quotes
Kids feel happy when they see a balloon. However, the balloon quotes listed below can also bring a smile to your face.
21. “I couldn’t pronounce Arnold Schwarzenegger, so I called him Balloon Belly.” — Joe Gold
22. “The balloon seems to stand still in the air while the earth flies past underneath.” — Alberto Santos
23. “When I am holding a water balloon, so many things look so unnecessarily dry.” — Demetri Martin
24. “We should all have personal hot air balloons and drift serenely through the clouds.” — Rhys Bowen
25. “Life is like a balloon; you must put something into it to get the best possible results.” — William Cranch Bond
26. “If you’re not filled back up quickly, you might collapse like a birthday balloon. I guess that’s why acting is so addictive.” — Matthew Jacobs
27. “The problem with my balloon collection is that people always think there’s a party. Settle down. It’s not a party. It’s just, balloons.” — Unknown
28. “Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair?” — Dennis Miller
29. “My definition (of a philosopher) is of a man up in a balloon, with his family and friends holding the ropes which confine him to earth and trying to haul him down.” — Louisa May Alcott
30. “Winny and I lived in a house that ran on static electricity. If you wanted to run the blender, you had to rub balloons on your head. If you wanted to cook, you had to pull off a sweater real quick.” — Steven Wright
Balloon Quotes about Freedom
A helium-filled balloon signifies freedom as it continues to fly in the open skies. By reading the following quotes, you can feel a sense of freedom.
31. “Be the sunshine, and lift everyone up like a hot air balloon.” — Marisa Casciano
32. “I always thought it is a bit of a balloon, how rich we are.” — Jean Kennedy Smith
33. “Trying to compromise excellence, is like trying to let a little bit of air out of a balloon with a hatpin.” — Daniel R. Scoggin
34. “When you fly a balloon you don’t file a flight plan; you go where the wind goes. You feel like part of the air.” — Jeannette Piccard
35. “The famous are balloons far up in the sky, to be envied for their quiet freedom or shot down as enemies.” — Arthur Miller
36. “The balloons only have one life and the only way of finding out whether they work is to attempt to fly around the world.” — Richard Branson
37. “There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.” — Terry Pratchett
38. “Each firm held its rope; one by one, they realized that no matter how strongly they pulled, the balloon would eventually lift them off their feet.” — Michael Lewis
39. “She would stay on the road and in hiding, a balloon floating through the sky, eating up hundreds of miles a day with a help of the perpetual tailwind.” — John Green
40. “You lose your anonymity just like a helium balloon with a string. Therefore people are going to have their own opinion and they’re going to write in whatever clever manner they desire.” — Kim Basinger
Balloon Quotes to Lift you Up
These balloon quotes can help you boost your morale. You can feel the inspiration associated with these quotes.
41. “We’re out of control on this loony balloon, barely missing the other planets and stars.” — Ray Davies
42. “[When flying a balloon] You almost feel like part of eternity, and you just float along.” — Jeannette Piccard
43. “But the true voyagers are only those who leave. Just to be leaving; hearts light, like balloons…” — Charles Baudelaire
44. “There is a savor of life and immortality in the substantial fare. Like balloons, we are nothing till filled.” — Herman Melville
45. “Half the art of ballooning is to make your crashes so gentle that you can fool yourself into calling them landings.” — Richard Branson
46. “The soul, light as a feather, fluid as water, innocent as a child, responds to every movement of grace like a floating balloon.” — Jean-Pierre de Caussade
47. “I’d be smiling and chatting away, and my mind would be floating around somewhere else, like a balloon with a broken string.” — Haruki Murakami
48. “Compliments are the helium that fills everyone’s balloon; they elevate the person receiving them so he or she can fly over life’s troubles and land safely on the other side.” — Bernie Siegel
49. “I think it’s possible for two people to change together, to grow together and enrich instead of diminishing each other. The sum of one and one, if they’re the right ones, can be infinity!” — Richard Bach
50. “I wanted to write you a story about magic… I wanted balloons lifting you into the sky. It turned out to be nothing but sadness, war, and heartbreak. You never saw it, but there’s a garden inside me.” — Shane Jones
Which of these Balloon Quotes is your Favorite?
Our quotes collection is carefully created.
Most of these quotes are family-friendly, making them the best options to share.
If you like these quotes, please let us know by commenting in the section below.
You can also tell us about your favorite balloon quotes and sayings.
We would love to hear from you!