20 A.A. Milne Quotes From the Creator of Winnie the Pooh
September 15, 2022 8:00 AM EST
You will love these A.A. Milne quotes, who is best known for creating the lovable characters from the famous childhood favorite Winnie the Pooh.
Alan Alexander Milne was born in London, England, in 1882.
He attended school at Westminister School and went on to attend college in Cambridge at Trinity College, where he studied mathematics.
However, he wrote for a student magazine, and his work caught the attention of a British humour magazine.
This provided Milne the opportunity to be a contributor to the magazine and eventually an assistant editor.
While Milne was a playwright with multiple pieces of work before writing Winnie the Pooh, the success of the childhood story overshadowed everything else.
You will definitely see a little bit of Winnie The Pooh in the A.A. Milne quotes below.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
A.A. Milne quotes about life
A.A. Milne has left us some great quotes about life. Have you heard any of the quotes below?
1. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ― A.A. Milne
You will also enjoy our article on Winnie the Pooh quotes.
2. “Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.” ― A.A. Milne
3. “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” ― A.A. Milne
4. “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?’” ― A.A. Milne
5. “I’m not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” ― A.A. Milne
6. “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” ― A.A. Milne
7. “You will be better advised to watch what we do instead of what we say.” ― A.A. Milne
8. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” ― A.A. Milne
9. “I think we dream, so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” ― A.A. Milne
10. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” ― A.A. Milne
Wise A.A. Milne quotes
You can get some wisdom from everybody you come across, but A.A. Milne had more wisdom to share than most. Take a look at the quotes below and see what you can learn.
11. “Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.” – A.A. Milne
12. “No sensible author wants anything but praise.” ― A.A. Milne
13. “A writer wants something more than money for his work: he wants permanence.” ― A.A. Milne
14. “A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.” ― A.A. Milne
15. “One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.” ― A.A. Milne
16. “Think it over, think it under.” ― A.A. Milne
17. “I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen.” ― A.A. Milne
18. “War is something of man’s own fostering, and if all mankind renounces it, then it is no longer there.” ― A.A. Milne
19. “I am sure of this: that no one can write a book which children will like unless he write it for himself first.” ― A.A. Milne
20. “Never forget me, because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.” ― A.A. Milne
A.A. Milne impacted a lot of people. Were you one of them?
The story of Winnie the Pooh came about after A.A. Milne took a trip to the zoo with his son, Christopher Robin.
The story was based on Christopher’s stuffed toys.
However, Milne grew frustrated with the success and fame that came from the Winnie the Pooh stories.
His son received publicity from his character, and Milne was concerned about the future impact on him.
Thus, he moved on from writing children’s stories.
Besides his novelist, playwright, and poet work, Milne also served in both World War I and World War II with the British Army.
A.A. Milne died shortly after his 74th birthday.
Did the A.A. Milne quotes make you a fan or were you already a fan of Winnie The Pooh?
Did you or your friends have your room decorated with Winnie The Pooh characters when you were young?
Maybe you decorated your kid’s room with Winnie The Pooh.
Share with your friends and leave an comments below to keep the conversation going.