Bench Quotes That You Will Love to Share
May 23, 2023 2:50 AM EST
Finding the best bench quotes might not be as easy as you might think.
To help you find what you are looking for, we have created a list of the most popular quotes about the bench.
In addition to these quotes, we have also discussed the bench, its history, and its uses.
If this sounds interesting to you, please continue reading!
What is a Bench?
A bench is a name given to a piece of furniture that humans have used for centuries.
The bench serves various purposes in commercial and residential setups.
For instance, a bench offers seating facilities in public spaces.
It also proves to be a lovely addition to your backyard sitting area.
History of the Bench
Humans have been using benches since the time of ancient civilizations.
The evidence of using benches dates back to ancient Greece and Egypt.
In medieval times, churches used benches to offer a respectable seating place for visitors.
Benches were also used in town squares or marketplaces.
With the evolution of furniture production and design, benches also became popular.
At present, benches also serve as versatile pieces of furniture for homes.
Uses of the Bench
There are numerous ways in which we can use benches effectively.
A few of these include:
- For seating purposes
- For storage
- As a decorative element
- For outdoor purposes
For Seating Purposes
The bench is commonly used for seating purposes.
For instance, you can easily find a bench to sit on in public spaces like parks, train stations, or bus stops.
Benches also serve as a popular piece of furniture used in homes.
For instance, a cushioned bench at the foot of a bed offers a nice and comfortable place to sit and gives the room a great appearance.
Benches can also serve as storage compartments and can help save space.
You can use benches for storing your shoes or other similar items.
As a Decorative Element
Today, benches can also prove to be elegant decorative elements.
Especially when you place them in a perfect location, benches give a nice look to the space.
You can use a variety of fabrics for upholstering the benches.
This helps you to create a bench that compliments the other decor elements of the room.
For Outdoor Purposes
Since benches are made of wood, they are resistant to weather.
Hence, people prefer using benches on decks, patios, and gardens.
Besides, cleaning this piece of furniture is easy too.
Top 10 Bench Quotes
Enjoy reading the top 10 bench quotes given in this section.
1. “When I sit on the bench, I’m dying.” — Ivan Perisic
2. “I was never the guy that just rode the bench.” — Cordarrelle Patterson
3. “I have been animated all my life on the bench.” — Tony Pulis
4. “I didn’t leave school early to sit on the bench.” — Ryan Leaf
5. “When you’re young on the bench, you can’t show yourself, really.” — Andreas Pereira
6. “To resign from the front bench is not a decision to be taken lightly.” — Luciana Berger
7. “In my view, I did not get to the federal bench because I was a woman.” — Constance Baker Motley
8. “On the back benches, you can have your say but no power to do anything.” — Bob Ainsworth
9. “If we are going to achieve something, we are going to need a strong bench.” — Adam Lallana
10. “Israel has an incredible entrepreneurial spirit and a deep bench of technology talent.” — Roelof Botha
On the Bench Quotes
These on-the-bench quotes by athletes and coaches offer insight into the mindset of those who strive to be in the game.
11. “I don’t train to be on the bench.” — Pedro
12. “Nobody likes to sit on the bench.” — Ryan Tannehill
13. “Being on the bench, it’s hard for me.” — Luka Doncic
14. “If I’m on the bench, I want to be ready.” — Son Heung-min
15. “I know what it’s like to sit on the bench.” — Joshua Kimmich
16. “I will not be on the bench until I am 60 or 65 years old.” — Pep Guardiola
17. “Modern football tends to bring out the narcissism of those who sit on the bench.” — Roberto Baggio
18. “I am a basketball player. For me to sit on the bench at 21, 22, not what I wanted.” — Toni Kukoc
19. “If a player’s not doing the things he should put him on the bench. He’ll come around.” — John Wooden
20. “The time you are happy to sit on the bench is the time you should retire, in my opinion.” — Adebayo Akinfenwa
Now let’s come to the off-the-bench quotes from NBA players on adjusting, readiness, and impact when coming off the bench in the game.
21. “Coming off the bench was an adjustment for me.” — Lou Williams
22. “I’ve had times where I didn’t play or came off the bench.” — Danny Green
23. “It’s hard to come off the bench and be ready all the time.” — D’Angelo Russell
24. “If I’m playing good off the bench, it’s going to help us win games.” — Jordan Clarkson
25. “I’m not worried about who’s starting and who’s coming off the bench.” — Trevor Ariza
26. “I think you just have to be more aggressive when you come off the bench.” — Jamal Crawford
27. “Whether I start or I’m the guy to come off the bench, I’ll do whatever it takes.” — Rajon Rondo
28. “I just know when I get in the game, I’ve got to be an instant impact off the bench.” — Dion Waiters
29. “I’ve never complained about coming off the bench, not playing or not playing a lot.” — Channing Frye
30. “I try to play with the same confidence whether I’m starting or coming off the bench.” — Caris LeVert
Insightful Bench Quotes
Here authors are sharing the associations of their thoughts and experiences with benches.
31. “I don’t want to be a passenger sitting on the bench not doing much, even in my older years.” — Frank Lampard
32. “You don’t start getting into the gym and bench pressing 300 pounds. You start out by doing the bar.” — Thomas Rhett
33. “I don’t like feeling too tight. Like if you bench too much, you feel like you can’t move your arms right.” — Matt Serra
34. “If you take going to the bench as a demotion or something that’s terrible, you start with a bad attitude.” — Manu Ginobili
35. “My wife doesn’t let anyone wear shoes in our house, so we have a bench, and under the bench is all UGGs slippers.” — Tom Brady
36. “I grew up in my father’s laboratory and played beneath the chemical benches until I was tall enough to play on them.” — Hope Jahren
37. “I love road trips! My husband and I love that. We bought a truck with a bench seat so we could put the dog in the middle.” — Barbra Streisand
38. “When I was growing up, my dad didn’t have weights, so he made himself a weight bench. Instead of a hand-me-down jacket, it was a hand-me-down weight bench.” — Jason Statham
39. “Benches and books have things in common beyond the fact that they generally have to do with sitting. Both are forms of public privacy, intimate spaces widely shared.” — Mal Peet
40. “I feel secure in my life, and I’m happy with where I’m at. I realize in some ways, how enchanted my life’s been. I could have ended up on a bench outside Stoke station begging for money. I was one of the lucky ones.” — Neil Morrissey
Park Bench Quotes
Here are some insightful quotes about park benches, from musings on homelessness to finding creative inspiration while sitting on a bench.
41. “My brothers and I would sit out on the park bench and harmonize.” — Aaron Neville
42. “There are stories in everything. I’ve got some of my best yarns from park benches, lampposts, and newspaper stands.” — O’Henry
43. “I’m not a singer. In ‘Bye Bye Birdie,’ I think I was the sad girl who sits on the park bench during ‘Put on a Happy Face.’” — Yvonne Strahovski
44. “None of us want to live in a society where people are forced to sleep in shop doorways, on park benches, or in dangerous, run-down buildings.” — Grant Shapps
45. “My favorite pastime used to be sitting on a park bench watching people. But after ‘Jagged Little Pill,’ the eyeballs turned, and I was the watched one.” — Alanis Morissette
46. “I starved and slept on park benches. I wrapped myself in the pages of my manuscript to keep warm. For two and a half years, I took odd jobs; nothing was going to deter me.” — Gary Jennings
47. “Tell a man that there are 300 billion stars in the universe, and he will believe you, but tell him that a park bench has wet paint upon it, and he will have to touch it just to make sure.” — Angie
48. “Although I’ve made notes for things and even written synopses sitting in trains or on park benches, for the complete composition of things, I need absolute solitude, preferably an empty house.” — James Salter
49. “I don’t really have an office or anything, and I like to have to move location every two hours. So I just kind of write in a park, on a bench, in the library, in a cafe, back to the library, that kind of thing.” — Steve Toltz
50. “You know how you can be romantic? You can be romantic by going to a beautiful setting, sitting on a park bench, and getting good old-fashioned golden arches, a.k.a. McDonald’s. That’s probably the best I can do romantically.” — Omari Hardwick
Which of these Bench Quotes is your Favorite?
We hope you have liked our list of the best bench quotes.
These quotes are carefully selected to offer the most authentic and relevant options.
So don’t hesitate to share these quotes with your friends and family.
We have also shared interesting facts about the bench beside the quotes.
If you have found your favorite bench quote, let us know by commenting in the section below.
We would love to learn about your choice.