Life’s journey is not without its storms; during the toughest of times, these hard times quotes can show you the light.
Just as Rocky Balboa faced adversity head-on in the Rocky series, these wise words are powerful reminders of our innate strength and resilience.
Never count an underdog out, so embrace your hard times and keep fighting.
Share your favorite hard times quotes with us in the comment section.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Sometimes we must look deep within ourselves to push past adversity and believe in our everyday power to get us through.
Life is tough and unpredictable.
What are the benefits of reading these hard-time quotes?
No matter how well-thought-out your plans might be, they will eventually be disrupted.
These hard-time quotes will help you:
- remember that everyone goes through rough patches
- understand that challenges and opportunities help you grow
- realize that difficult times do not last forever
When life knocks you down, you can either bounce back up and move on or stay down there and live the rest of your life with resentment and regret.
If you’re going through a hard time in your life, reading some words of inspiration can help you remember that both the ‘best and worst of times’ will soon pass.
We also have a collection of motivating determination quotes to keep you going toward your goals and dreams.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Powerful hard times quotes about life, and this too shall pass
1. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.”– Duke Ellington
2. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
3. “We’ve gotten through a lot of tough times, and we’re going to keep working to make them better. I wish the record was better.” – Mike Quade
You will also enjoy our article on everything happens for a reason quotes.
4. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.”– Martin Luther King
5. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.”– Kenji Miyazawa
6. “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
7. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.”– Robert Schuller
8. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.”– Nelson Mandela
9. “No matter how bad things are, you can always make things worse.” ― Randy Pausch
10. “Life is at its best when everything has fallen out of place, and you decide that you’re going to fight to get them right, not when everything is going your way and everyone is praising you.” ― Thisuri Wanniarachchi
11. “It’s funny how, when things seem the darkest, moments of beauty present themselves in the most unexpected places.” ― Karen Marie Moning
You will also enjoy our article on Lao Tzu quotes.
Inspirational hard times quotes for when life gets tough
12. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on good man quotes.
13. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”—Franklin D. Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on adversity quotes.
14. “To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist.”—Gail Sheehy
You will also enjoy our article on authenticity quotes.
15. “Let perseverance be your engine and hope your fuel.”—H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on time quotes.
16. “Tonight we cry, we despair, and we fear. Tomorrow we get back to work trying to build the world we want.” – Sam Altman
You will also enjoy our article on Stranger Things quotes.
17. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
You will also enjoy our article on hero quotes.
18. “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.” – Bob Riley
You will also enjoy our article on past quotes.
19. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
You will also enjoy our article on unexpected quotes.
20. “I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens to you for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person.” – Rita Mero
Don’t forget to also read these motivational survival quotes that will help get through the tough times.
Quotes about getting through hard times
21. “Hard times always lead to something great.” – Betsey Johnson
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by mother Teresa.
22. “Sometimes the tide is with us, and sometimes against. But we keep swimming either way.” – Charlie Munger
You will also enjoy our article on theatre quotes.
23. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
24. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
25. “It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.” – Seneca
26. “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” – Joseph Kennedy
27. “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” — Sir Winston Churchill
28. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”– Dale Carnegie
29. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”– Albert Einstein
30. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”– Albert Einstein
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to check out these depression quotes on mental health to help you feel understood.
Encouraging hard times quotes to help you stay strong
31. “If a man knows nothing but hard times, he will paint them, for he must be true to himself.” ― Horace Pippin
32. “We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us.” – William J. Brennan, Jr.
33. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
34. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
35. “You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.” – Shaun Hick
36. If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes.~ Corrie ten Boom
37. “I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.”~ Jewish Proverb
38. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas Alva Edison
39. “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” – Steve Martin
40. “I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.” – Frida Kahlo
Hard times quotes to make you strong
41. “If you feel like giving up, give up on that feeling and give into the realization there are endless possibilities waiting to be discovered before you.” – Tom Althouse
42. “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” – Stephanie Lahart
43. “Pain is your friend; it is your alie. Pain reminds you to finish the job and get the hell home. Pain tells you when you have been seriously wounded. And you know what the best thing about pain is? It tells you you’re not dead yet!” – G.I Jane
44. “When life is at that extremely hard time, all we can control is our attitude.” ― Arianna Huffington
45. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
46. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” – Lee Iacocca
47. “If someone is strong enough to bring you down, show them you are strong enough to get back up.”- A. Josland
48. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Bruce Lee quotes from the iconic actor and fighter.
49. You’ve got to Stay Strong to be strong in tough times. – Tilman J. Fertitta
50. Storms make trees take deeper roots. – Dolly Parton
Hard times quotes to remind you of your strength
51. “All of life is a test and we all have our challenges to meet.”― Marjory Sheba
52. “It is a blessing to experience hardship. Not because we suffer, but because we learn to endure.”― Saim .A. Cheeda
53. “See your hard times through the spectacles of your experiences. They, too, shall pass away.”― Ogwo David Emenike
54. “It’s true that no one ever said life would be easy, but it is also true that no one ever said you had to go through it alone.”― Jellis Vaes
55. “It takes a lot of courage to push through hard times. Never give up. Good things are coming your way.”― Robert Tew
56. “In my experience, people who don’t stick around during the hard times weren’t worth having around anyway.”― Kimberly Belle
57. “Hard times are like thunder. They make a lot of noise but do little harm. Don’t fear hard times.”― Debasish Mridha
58. “Some roses grow through concrete. Remember that.”― Brandi L. Bates
59. “When hardships keep coming back, do not take it personal. It’s just life.”― Naide P Obiang
60. “I’ll tell you something about tough times. They just about kill you, but if you decide to keep working at them, you’ll find your way through.”― Joan Bauer
61. “Life keeps throwing me stones. And I keep finding the diamonds…”― Ana Claudia Antunes
62. “Attitude-flexibility is the mentality that helps us to smoothly persevere through turbulent times.”― Dr. Jacinta Mpalyenkana
63. “You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” – Robin Williams
64. “Difficult times will come.” It’s a fact of life, isn’t it? There are good times and bad times in everybody’s life.”― Raj Kosaraju
65. “Hard times lifts the seeking souls to higher spiritual realms.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
Hard times quotes to motivate you
66. “I like to use the hard times of the past to motivate me today.” -Dwayne Johnson
67. “Hard times may have held you down, but they will not last forever. When all is said and done, you will be increased.” — Joel Osteen
68. “Hard times, when held with open hands and a tender heart, can prepare us for the future.” ― Cindee Snider Re
69. “Life will throw obstacles at you to make sure you truly want it.” – Maxime Lagacé
70. “We live in a culture that has a real hard time distinguishing fiction from reality. Even when they’re told something is fiction.” ― Nic Pizzolatto
71. “If you are being positive and strong in difficult times half of your problems will be solved automatically.” – Anurag Prakash
72. “Hard times are good in their own way, too. The only way you can achieve true happiness is if you experience true sadness as well.” – Gabrielle Williams
73. “Hard times sustain and strengthen others, inspiring them to strive toward personal growth.” – Senora Roy
74. “Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.” – Coco Chanel
75. “Hard times fall upon everybody. Whatever it is, we’re going to get out of it.” – Mike Tyson
Uplifting hard times quotes
76. “You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
77. “Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.” – Arthur Golden
78. “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.” – Abdul Kalam
79. “One ceases to recognize the significance of mountain peaks if they are not viewed occasionally from the deepest valleys.” – Dr. Al Lorin
80. “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
81. “I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” – Agatha Christie
82. “In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
83. “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
84. “I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.” – Mother Teresa
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspiring Mother Teresa quotes on kindness, love, and charity.
85. “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hard times quotes to uplift you
86. “The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them.” – Unknown
87. “The signature of the truly great is not the absence of difficulty but the ability to recover from setbacks.”— Jim Collins
88. “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
89. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”— John R. Wooden
90. “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” – Leroy Satchel Paige
91. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.”— Margaret Thatcher
92. “The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity.” –Seneca
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Seneca quotes that will help you in all facets of your life.
93. “It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.” — Emiliano Zapata
94. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
95. “You’ll never regret what you do in life. You’ll only regret what you don’t do.”— Dr. Wayne Dyer
More hard times quotes and sayings
96. “Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it.” – Tim Fargo
97. “Faith is why I’m here today and faith is why I made it through.” – Jonathan Anthony Burkett
98. “You start with a darkness to move through but sometimes the darkness moves through you.” – Dean Young
99. “Some people make a bad bed, they just have to lie in it.” – Virginia Euwer Wolff
100. “Accept hardship as a necessary discipline.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
101. “Hard times and fake friends are like oil and water: they don’t mix.” – Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
102. “The good life is not built on a foundation of ease…it’s the hard times that give us a rock solid foundation.” – Richie Norton
103. “As the worst comes to us when we are unprepared, so shall we Strive when the best in unexpected.” – Goitsemang Mvula
104. “Without hope, how can we survive hard times?” – Lailah Gifty Akita
105. “In the hard times everything will be revealed, stay watching.” – Gun Gun Febrianza
Hard time quotes to help you overcome the challenges you face
106. “A good half of the art of living is resilience.” — Alain de Botton
107. “My barn having burned down. I can now see the moon.” — Mizuta Masahide
108. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” — Helen Keller
109. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” — Maya Angelou
110. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving. We get stronger and more resilient.” — Steve Maraboli
111. “It may sound strange, but many champions are made champions by setbacks.” — Bob Richards
112. “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo—far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” — Jodi Picoult
113. “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” — Greg Kincaid
114. “It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself, that determines how your life’s story will develop.” — Dieter F. Uchtdorf
115. “On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.” — Gregory S. Williams
Hard time quotes to keep you pressing on
116. “Tough times call for tougher decisions.” — Prabhas
117. “Anyone is free to judge me, but they weren’t there in my tough times.” — S. Sreesanth
118. “In tough times, that’s when you see true colors and personality.” — Didier Deschamps
119. “Once you’ve been through tough times, you can only become stronger.” — Alesha Dixon
120. “Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal.” — Nathan Chen
121. “Anyone can take the wheel of the ship in calm water but it’s not so easy when it’s not calm water. You can’t just enjoy the good times, you have to be resilient in the tough times.” — Sean Dyche
122. “I think you need to go through some stuff to really appreciate life and understand what it means to persevere, overcome and have faith. I think those tough times make you a stronger person.” — Judith Hill
123. “God already knows what we’re made of, but perhaps He wants us to learn what we’re made of. I think we would all agree that we learn more from our tough times than from our easy times.” — John Bytheway
124. “Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds.” — Marta
125. “I believe, as human beings, we sometimes indulge in self pity more than it’s necessary. Over my life’s journey, I have realized that overthinking about your problems and indulging in self-pity is not the answer to get through tough times.” — Sonali Bendre
Thought-provoking hard times quotes to keep you going
126. “If you stop, you’ll lose everything. You’ve got to keep going.” – Greyson Chance
127. “If you are facing a new challenge or being asked to do something that you have never done before don’t be afraid to step out. You have more capability than you think you do but you will never see it unless you place a demand on yourself for more.” – Joyce Meyer
128. “Expect obstacles and face them head-on. They are going to come up, so the way you handle them is what makes all the difference.” – Lance Dale, A Shot of Positivity: Overcoming Obstacles
129. “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” – Nelson Mandela
130. “One word of encouragement can be enough to spark someone’s motivation to continue with a difficult challenge.” – Roy T. Bennett
131. “Go make your mark on the world. Be a world changer! Live bold for Christ no matter the cost.” – Crystal Woodman Miller
132. “You should never view your challenges as a disadvantage. Instead, it’s important for you to understand that your experience facing and overcoming adversity is actually one of your biggest advantages.” – Michelle Obama
133. “If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges.” – Pat Riley
134. “There have been some hard times, people around me supported me.” – Laure Manaudou
135. “It’s easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Additional hard times quotes to inspire you during tough times
136. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
137. “I understand you’ve got to go through tough times to get better.” – Dirk Nowitzki
138. “Most people fall upon tough times at some point.” – Esther McVey
139. “There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
140. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
141. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.” – Robert Frost
142. “Every generation has their challenge.” – Jon Stewart
143. “Going through challenging things can teach you a lot, and they also make you appreciate the times that aren’t so challenging.” – Carrie Fisher
144. “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this – you haven’t.” – Thomas A. Edison
145. “Don’t cry because it’s over. smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
Hard times quotes for when life gets hard
146. “I say find one true friend to help you get through the tough times.” – Kelly Osbourne
147. “Difficult times don’t come your way just so you can survive them; God uses these times in your life to form and refine you.” – Joel Osteen
148. “I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.” – Abraham Lincoln
149. “In tough times, everyone has to take their share of the pain.” – Theresa May
150. “Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations.” – Zig Ziglar
151. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
152. “Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” – Sylvester Stallone
153. “By sticking it out through tough times, people emerge from adversity with a stronger sense of efficacy.” – Albert Bandura
154. “You’ve got to believe that God is in control of your life. It may be a tough time but you’ve got to believe that God has a reason for it and He’s going to make everything good.” – Joel Osteen
155. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
Hard Times Quotes To Build Up Strength Within You
156. “I think an inspirational quote can get you through hard times.” ― Tuba marryam
157. “Even in hard times there’s a possibility to have fun.” ― Eyden I
158. “Hard times are sometimes blessings in disguise. We do have to suffer but in the end it makes us strong, better and wise.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
159. “When you face any difficulty, do not panic but pray.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
160. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” — Christopher Reeve
161. “In hard times nothing is visible, life seems to beat you down, with courage hit the problems ball will be in your court.” ― Kishore Bansal
162. “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.” — Bob Marley
163. “Smile even when you’re going through some hard times.” ― Alcurtis Turner
164. “I should be grateful for the tough times because Allah chose me, though I was good enough to go through it.” ― Nouman Ali Khan
165. “Hard times never last. Let your hope keep you joyful.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Hard Times Quotes That Encourage You to Get Through Adversity
166. “Once I’ve learned all those things and gotten through the hard times, I come out feeling really powerful.” ― Skylar Grey
167. “No matter what you’re going through there’s no pit so deep that God can’t reach in and get you out.” ― Joyce Meyer
168. “In the midst of these hard times it is our good health and good sleep that are enjoyable.” ― Knute Nelson
169. “No matter how many mistakes you’ve made in the past, or what sort of difficulties you struggle with now, you are destined to live in victory.” ― Joel Osteen
170. “One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity.” ― Albert Schweitzer
171. “The greater the difficulty the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” ― Epictetus
172. “Adversity is just change that we haven’t adapted ourselves to yet.” ― Aimee Mullins
173. “Friends and family matter most during hard times.” ― Liz Miller
174. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” ― Michael Jordan
175. “In the dark times, if you have something to hold on to, which is yourself, you’ll survive.” ― Whoopi Goldberg
Hard Times Quotes To Get You Through Trying Times
176. “Only during hard times do people come to understand how difficult it is to be master of their feelings and thoughts.” — Anton Chekhov
177. “Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.” — Paulo Coelho
178. “It took me a while and a lot of hard times to figure out my purpose, I am so happy with my life. I just want to help make other people happy too.” — Vanilla Ice
179. “Hard times make you bitter or make you more compassionate.” — Jewel
180. “I think most art comes out of poverty and hard times.” — Willie Nelson
181. “It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.” — Dalai Lama
182. “I don’t know if I’ve had my share of drama, but I’ve definitely had my share of hard times.” — Serena Williams
183. “I get it now; I didn’t get it then. That life is about losing and about doing it as gracefully as possible… and enjoying everything in between.” — Mia Farrow
184. “Everyone goes through a hard time in their life.” — Kirsten Dunst
185. “You walk around with a negative attitude and you’re just naturally going to bring trouble and hard times down on yourself.” — Charles de Lint
Hard Times Quotes To Give You Strength To Overcome
186. “Through hard times. It puts your life into perspective. It will get you back on track.” — Andrew Matthews
187. “Hard times are coming to your town / So stay alert, don’t let them get you down.” — Joseph Simmons
188. “I deliver a hard day’s work for my money. I just want the chance. It’ll come. I believe in America. I follow the rules. Everybody’s got their own hard times these days.” — Ray Nelson
189. “Hard times have made me see / That the hard times ain’t where I wanna be.” — Christopher Bridges
190. “Fruitful times are waiting those who are patient in the hard times.” — Jonathan H. Wilson
191. “You cannot beat hard time, but hard times bears fools and scatters their destiny.” — Chukwuemeka E. Onyejinduaka
192. “When you’re all alone / Nothing seems to matter / Sadness always fills the air / Hurts so deep inside / You just have to cry out / Wow, hard times.” — Carlos Santana
193. “Hard times can mean no friends, no job, no hope.” — Andrew Matthews
194. “Ain’t a hard time been invented that I cannot handle.” — Michael Mann
195. “You need resilience not just for the hard times. You need resilience if you’re going to be happy.” — Eric Greitens
Hard Times Quotes to Give You Perseverance and Strength
196. “Hard times are purposeful, meant to refine and redirect us. They’re not arbitrary or random, and they’re definitely not cruel.” ― Liz Curtis Higgs
197. “I could endure hard times thanks to my fans that stood by me. I decided that I wouldn’t disappoint them.” ― Jay Park
198. “If you can wear the hard times of your life as furrows on your brow, you can wear the good times as a twinkle in your eye.” ― Robert Breault
199. “There have always been hard times. There have always been wars and troubles.” ― Louis L’Amour
200. “People respect you because they feel you’ve survived hard times and endured, and although you’ve become famous, you haven’t become phony.” ― Marilyn Monroe
201. “In hard times, beauty can seem frivolous – but take it away, and all you’re left with is hard times.” ― Paul Madonna
202. “Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
203. “Hard times and funky living can season the soul, true enough, but joy is the yeast that makes it rise.” ― Tom Robbins
204. “His conviction that everything happened for a reason, and would come to good, gave him laughing equanimity even in hard times.” ― Laura Hillenbrand
205. “Bad times, hard times, this is what people keep saying; but let us live well, and times shall be good. We are the times: Such as we are, such are the times.” ― Saint Augustine
Hard Times Quotes to Find Strength in Struggle
206. “Hard times may bend us, but they cannot break the spirit of a determined soul.” ― Maya Angelou
207. “Hard times may dim the stars, but they cannot extinguish the fire of your dreams.” ― Arnold Schwarzenegger
208. “In the storm of hard times, you discover the anchor of your resolve.” ― Max Lucado
209. “Hard times may slow your progress, but they cannot stop you from reaching your destination.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
210. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” ― C.S. Lewis
211. “We all have to go through hard times. Tragedies. Those are given to us to see what we’re going to do with them.” ― Gwen Stefani
212. “I’ve struggled in my life. I’ve had hard times, but I kept pressing on.” ― Dwyane Wade
213. “Difficult times always create opportunities for you to experience more love in your life.” ― Barbara De Angelis
214. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” ― Earl Nightingale
215. “If we conducted ourselves as sensibly in good times as we do in hard times, we could all acquire a competence.” ― William Feather
Hard Times Quotes to Navigate Through Adversity
216. “Hard times ain’t quit and we ain’t quit.” ― Meridel Le Sueur
217. “Write what you love. Love will hold you through the hard times and hold the world during the good times.” ― Mark Z. Danielewski
218. “The were good times, there were hard times, but there were never bad times.” ― Steve Jobs
219. “The return to solid values is always hard… Distress, panic, and hard times have marked our pathway in returning to solid values.” ― James A. Garfield
220. “Character is the virtue of hard times.” ― Charles de Gaulle
221. “In hard times, no less than in prosperity, preserve equanimity.” ― Horace
222. “No matter how hard times are, people still want music.” ― Irene Hunt
223. “The greatest minds are like film, they take the negatives and develop themselves in darkness…” ― Brandi L. Bates
224. “There is beauty in what is broken.” ― K.K. Hendin
225.“A friend is someone who will always be there for you, in good and hard times.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
226. “Those who make hostility a daily manner are often left in the lurch at difficult times.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
227. “When you have endure the worse situations, you build the courage and confidence to cope with any other situations.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
228. “Coal that bears that pressure meets a diamond.” ― Shumila Shah
229. “The grace of silence-enduring hard times.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
230. “Tough times makes a man to be tough.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
231. “Sometimes the hardest things are the ones we don’t ask for. Sometimes life is just damn hard.” ― Kaitlyn Oruska
232. “The soul is renewed through tough times.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Did these hard times quotes inspire you?
All of us face difficulties or hardships in our lives.
But remember, if life wasn’t difficult, then it wouldn’t be worth living.
As Oprah Winfrey once said: “It doesn’t matter how far you might rise. At some point, you’re bound to stumble.”
Hopefully, these quotes have inspired you to never give up even when the going gets tough.
Did these hard-times quotes inspire you?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about in the comment section below.