Looking for the best Yogi Berra quotes?
Lawrence Peter “Yogi” Berra, was a professional American baseball player who’s considered to be one of the greatest baseball catchers of all time.
He played 19 seasons in Major League Baseball, was an 18-time All-Star and won the American League Most Valuable Player Award three times.
Besides, Berra won 10 World Series championships as a player and was inducted to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1972.
Born on May 12, 1925, in St. Louis, Missouri, Berra developed an interest in sports since he was a little boy.
And even though he quit school after eighth grade to help his family, he still found time to nurture his talent as a baseball player.
After his successful playing career, Berra became a coach and manager. He died on September 22, 2015, at age 90.
Yogi Berra is remembered not only for his Hall of Fame career but also for his wit and wisdom. His words will make you smile and at the same time inspire you to make use of your Everyday Power to become the best you can be. In that regard, here are some memorable Yogi Berra quotes.
You might also like these baseball quotes and sayings for the inner child.
Best Yogi Berra Quotes on Life to Make You Smile
1. “I never said most of the things I said. Then again, I might have said ’em, but you never know.” – Yogi Berra
2. “A nickel isn’t worth a dime today.” – Yogi Berra
3. “If the world was perfect, it wouldn’t be.” – Yogi Berra
4. “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.” – Yogi Berra
5. “I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.” – Yogi Berra
6. “How can you think and hit at the same time?” – Yogi Berra
7. “He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.” – Yogi Berra
8. “It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.” – Yogi Berra
9. “Yogi ordered a pizza. The waitress asked How many pieces do you want your pie cut? Yogi responded, Four. I don’t think I could eat eight.” – Yogi Berra
10. “If people don’t want to come out to the ball park, nobody’s gonna stop ’em.” – Yogi Berra
11. “We have deep depth.” – Yogi Berra
Inspirational Yogi Berra quotes to uplift you
12. It ain’t over ’til it’s over. – Yogi Berra
13. “So I’m ugly. So what? I never saw anyone hit with his face.” – Yogi Berra
14. “We have a good time together, even when we’re not together.” – Yogi Berra
15. “Even Napoleon had his Watergate.” – Yogi Berra
16. “Slump? I ain’t in no slump… I just ain’t hitting.” – Yogi Berra
17. “I wish I had an answer to that because I’m tired of answering that question.” – Yogi Berra
18. “I’m a lucky guy and I’m happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary.” – Yogi Berra
19. “I never blame myself when I’m not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn’t my fault that I’m not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?” – Yogi Berra
20. “If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.” – Yogi Berra
21. “We made too many wrong mistakes.” – Yogi Berra
22. “I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.” – Yogi Berra
Yogi Berra quotes about the future
23. The future ain’t what it used to be. – Yogi Berra
24. If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else. – Yogi Berra
25. “You got to be very careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there.” – Yogi Berra
26. “It’s pretty far, but it doesn’t seem like it.” – Yogi Berra
27. “It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future.” ― Yogi Berra
Yogi Berra quotes that are filled with humor
28. “Half the lies they tell about me aren’t true.” ― Yogi Berra
29. “Okay you guys, pair up in threes!” ― Yogi Berra
30. “I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous.” ― Yogi Berra
31. “No matter where you go, there you are,” ― Yogi Berra
32. “Its getting late early” ― Yogi Berra
Yogi Berra quotes about winning and success
33. You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you. ― Yogi Berra
34. Baseball is 90 percent mental and the other half is physical. ― Yogi Berra
35. “The other teams could make trouble for us if they win.” ― Yogi Berra
36. “You have to give 100 percent in the first half of the game. If that isn’t enough, in the second half, you have to give what’s left.” ― Yogi Berra
37. “If you can’t imitate him, don’t copy him.” ― Yogi Berra
38. “If you don’t set goals, you can’t regret not reaching them.” – Yogi Berra
Other memorable Yogi Berra quotes
39. You can observe a lot by watching. – Yogi Berra
40. “It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much.” – Yogi Berra
41. “Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t go to yours.” – Yogi Berra
42. “There are some people who, if they don’t already know, you can’t tell ’em.” – Yogi Berra
43. “We’re lost, but we’re making good time.” ― Yogi Berra
44. “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Berra
45. “Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.” – Yogi Berra
46. “Take it with a grin of salt.” – Yogi Berra
47. “I usually take a two-hour nap from one o’clock to four.” – Yogi Berra
48. “Never answer an anonymous letter.” – Yogi Berra
49. Why buy good luggage, you only use it when you travel – Yogi Berra
50. It’s like déjà vu all over again. – Yogi Berra
You might also like these Hank Aaron quotes that speak to his love of baseball.
More Yogi Berra quotes
51. “Ninety percent of all mental errors are in your head.” – Yogi Berra
52. “Tell the kids, somebody’s gotta win, somebody’s gotta lose. Just don’t fight about it. Just try to get better.” – Yogi Berra
53. “Losing is a learning experience. It teaches you humility. It teaches you to work harder. It’s also a powerful motivator.” – Yogi Berra
Which Yogi Berra quotes were your favorite?
Yogi Berra rose from humble beginnings to become one of the greatest baseball players of all time. Besides his Hall of Fame career, we also remember him for his wit and wisdom.
Hopefully, these Yogi Berra quotes have brought a smile to your face and taught you some valuable life lessons as well.
Did you enjoy these Yogi Berra quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
March 10, 2021 6:00 AM EST