Looking for the best Yogi Berra quotes?
Lawrence Peter “Yogi” Berra, was a professional American baseball player who’s considered to be one of the greatest baseball catchers of all time.
He played 19 seasons in Major League Baseball, was an 18-time All-Star and won the American League Most Valuable Player Award three times.
Besides, Berra won 10 World Series championships as a player and was inducted to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1972.
Born on May 12, 1925, in St. Louis, Missouri, Berra developed an interest in sports since he was a little boy.
And even though he quit school after eighth grade to help his family, he still found time to nurture his talent as a baseball player.
After his successful playing career, Berra became a coach and manager.
He died on September 22, 2015, at age 90.
Yogi Berra is remembered not only for his Hall of Fame career but also for his wit and wisdom.
His words will make you smile and at the same time inspire you to make use of your Everyday Power to become the best you can be.
In that regard, here are some memorable Yogi Berra quotes.
You might also like these baseball quotes and sayings for the inner child.
Best Yogi Berra Quotes on Life to Make You Smile
1. “How can you think and hit at the same time?” – Yogi Berra
2. “A nickel isn’t worth a dime today.” – Yogi Berra
3. “If the world was perfect, it wouldn’t be.” – Yogi Berra
4. “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.” – Yogi Berra
5. “I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.” – Yogi Berra
6. “I never said most of the things I said. Then again, I might have said ’em, but you never know.” – Yogi Berra
7. “He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.” – Yogi Berra
8. “It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.” – Yogi Berra
9. “Yogi ordered a pizza. The waitress asked How many pieces do you want your pie cut? Yogi responded, Four. I don’t think I could eat eight.” – Yogi Berra
10. “If people don’t want to come out to the ball park, nobody’s gonna stop ’em.” – Yogi Berra
11. “We have deep depth.” – Yogi Berra
Inspirational Yogi Berra quotes to uplift you
12. It ain’t over ’til it’s over. – Yogi Berra
13. “So I’m ugly. So what? I never saw anyone hit with his face.” – Yogi Berra
14. “We have a good time together, even when we’re not together.” – Yogi Berra
15. “Even Napoleon had his Watergate.” – Yogi Berra
16. “Slump? I ain’t in no slump… I just ain’t hitting.” – Yogi Berra
17. “I wish I had an answer to that because I’m tired of answering that question.” – Yogi Berra
18. “I’m a lucky guy and I’m happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary.” – Yogi Berra
19. “I never blame myself when I’m not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn’t my fault that I’m not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?” – Yogi Berra
20. “If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.” – Yogi Berra
21. “We made too many wrong mistakes.” – Yogi Berra
22. “I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.” – Yogi Berra
Yogi Berra quotes about the future
23. The future ain’t what it used to be. – Yogi Berra
24. If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else. – Yogi Berra
25. “You got to be very careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there.” – Yogi Berra
You might also like these Hank Aaron quotes that speak to his love of baseball.
Which Yogi Berra quotes were your favorite?
Yogi Berra rose from humble beginnings to become one of the greatest baseball players of all time.
Besides his Hall of Fame career, we also remember him for his wit and wisdom.
Hopefully, these Yogi Berra quotes have brought a smile to your face and taught you some valuable life lessons as well.
Did you enjoy these Yogi Berra quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
August 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST