Check out these Bilbo Baggins quotes for the lovers of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit!
Bilbo Baggins is a hobbit, a central character in the legendary science fiction fantasy novels The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.
Both of these novels were written by J. R. R. Tolkien.
In 2001 these legendary novels were adapted for film, and each became a movie trilogy directed by Peter Jackson.
While Bilbo is a supporting character in The Lord of the Rings, he is one of the main characters throughout The Hobbit.
Bilbo Baggins is an integral character in the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
In his adventures in The Hobbit, he finds a magic ring that ends up being the most powerful ring of all, and the entire Lord of the Rings novel centers around that ring!
This ring is so powerful that no one can resist its power, and eventually turn to evil.
Luckily, Bilbo keeps it tucked away from the good and the evil beings that are out to find it for themselves.
Bilbo starts out as a mild-mannered homebody who is forced to go on an adventure or stay in his comfort zone in his home.
In the Hobbit, Bilbo joins a group of dwarves and a wizard that are seeking to reclaim the home of the dwarves.
Bilbo was initially recruited to this group to steal back the dwarves’ jewel from a dragon due to Hobbits being known for being stealthy.
Throughout the journey, he becomes much more than the “burglar” of the group.
On the adventure, Bilbo becomes more courageous and becomes an essential and resourceful member of the group.
Enjoy these Bilbo Baggins quotes that will leave you wanting to learn more about this Hobbit!
Memorable Bilbo Baggins Quotes
Check out these quotes from Bilbo Baggins!
1. “I’m going on an adventure!” – Bilbo Baggins
2. “All that is gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.” – Bilbo Baggins
3. “The Eagles!’ he shouted. ‘The Eagles are coming!” – Bilbo Baggins
4. “Never laugh at live dragons!” – Bilbo Baggins
5. “Sorry! I don’t want any adventures, thank you.” – Bilbo Baggins
6. “I’m glad to have shared in your perils, Thorin. Each and every one of them.” – Bilbo Baggins
7. “I can’t just go running off into the blue. I’m a Baggins of bag end!” – Bilbo Baggins
8. “It is sad, Frodo, how old alliances can be broken. How friendships between peoples can be lost.” – Bilbo Baggins
9. “If ever you are passing my way. Don’t wait to knock!” – Bilbo Baggins
10. “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.” – Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins Quotes From Other Characters
Enjoy these quotes referencing Bilbo Baggins by other characters.
11. “Home is now behind you, the world is ahead!” – Gandalf
12. “There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West.” – Thorin
13. “All good stories deserve embellishment!” – Gandalf
14. “You seem familiar with my name, but I don’t remember smelling your kind before.” – Smaug
15. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – Thorin
16. “I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay.” – Gandalf
17. “Nor will I be responsible for his fate.” – Thorin
18. “If I am not mistaken, this is the Halfling who stole the keys to my dungeon right from under the nose of my guards.” – Thranduil
19. “True courage is knowing not how to take a life, but when to spare it.” – Gandalf
20. “I’m sorry I doubted you.” – Thorin
Being Small Doesn’t Stop You From Doing Big Things!
Bilbo Baggins is a hobbit; hobbits are usually between two and four feet tall and not overly strong.
Bilbo doesn’t let this fact stop him from being courageous and saving his friends on more than one occasion!
Please share these Bilbo Baggins quotes with your friends and family and post any comments in the comment section below to keep the conversation going!