If you have ever experienced a disappointment that ended up being a blessing, then you will relate to these blessing in disguise quotes.
The phrase “blessing in disguise” means that something that may at first appear to be a disappointment may, in fact, be a blessing.
You might also like these related articles:
Here are some examples of a “blessing in disguise”:
- A relationship ends, and later you find someone that you truly love.
- You don’t get the job you applied for, but a better opportunity arises later.
- You move and have difficulty adjusting and making friends, but after a few years, you can’t imagine living elsewhere.
- An injury prevents you from continuing in your career, but it opens up your world to other things you enjoy, and you find a more fulfilling career.
Blessings in disguise can come from any situation, so be on the lookout and check out these blessing in disguise quotes.
Top Blessings in Disguise Quotes
Here are some short and sweet reminders that your trials may actually be blessings in disguise.
1. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” — Lao Tzu
2. “Many of our problems are blessings in disguise.” — O. Leslie Stone
3. “Sometimes blessings come in ugly wrapping paper.” — Richie Norton
4. “Blessings sometimes show up in unrecognizable disguises.” — Janette Oke
5. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” — Oscar Wilde
6. “Those struggles are your discipline, your blessings in disguise.” — Senteria Marie
7. “Sometimes things are a blessing in disguise.” — Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce
8. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” — Willie Nelson
9. “Before I was afflicted, I went astray, but now I keep your word.” — Psalm 119:67
10. “When you’re kept out of the adult world, it’s a blessing in disguise.” — Henry Rollins
Examples of Blessings in Disguise Quotes
Here are some examples from others’ lives of what they found to be blessings in disguise.
11. “I have no complaints or grudges against my dad. Actually, my father’s remarriage was a blessing in disguise for us.” — Urfi Javed
12. “Leaving Def Jam was kind of a blessing in disguise because we can make whatever record we want.” — Mike D
13. “When I got to jail, it was a blessing in disguise because it made me reevaluate and check who I am as a person.” — Troy Deeney
14. “Was the dementia of old age a blessing in disguise? No more thoughts. No more damage inflicted. No more memories of damage survived.” — Janet Turpin Myers
15. “I believe that illness has led me to a life of gratitude, so I consider Lyme disease at this point in my life to be a blessing in disguise.” — Rebecca Wells
16. “My own life has had so many twists that I keep thinking I’ll have one blessing that is not in disguise.” — Ken Bruen
17. “I’ve always had a saying, ‘Change is good.’ I don’t shy away from it; I embrace it. Make the most out of everything. Sometimes change is a blessing in disguise.” — Marty Scurll
18. “I got into a car accident and couldn’t play baseball, hockey, and basketball. We struck with golf for a little while, and it’s panned out. I think it was a blessing in disguise.” — Brooks Koepka
19. “We, in our Province, are beginning to realize and appreciate that our slowness in keeping up with our North American neighbors may well have been a blessing in disguise.” — Alex Campbell
20. “I played pretty darn competitive-level hockey. Then the good old knee injury. Obviously, it’s a blessing in disguise, but growing up Canadian, that’s our religion, that’s our football.” — Taylor Kitsch
Disguise Quotes To Keep Looking for Your Blessings
The following quotes will remind you to keep looking and expecting your blessing.
21. “Blessings come in disguise. And challenges can be a blessing.” — Dinae Lane
22. “What seems to be a problem or block is often really a blessing in disguise.” — Doreen Virtue
23. “The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.” — Eric Hoffer
24. “Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.” — Napoleon Hill
25. “Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty.” — Job 5:17
26. “There are no mistakes, no coincidences; all events are blessings given to us to learn from.” — Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
27. “A blessing in disguise is right before our eyes. But since it is in disguise, we don’t know that it’s there.” — Lil Wayne
28. “Be grateful for small things, big things, and everything in between. Count your blessings, not your problems.” — Mandy Hale
29. “I have no faith in the sense of comforting beliefs which persuade me that all my troubles are blessings in disguise.” — Rebecca West
30. “Some souls are ennobled and elevated by seeming misfortunes, which then become blessings in disguise.” — Edwin Hubbel Chapin
Quotes to Remind You Blessings Can Be Disguised
It’s not always easy to see at the moment, but these quotes will help you remember that blessings can be disguised in the beginning.
31. “Though a blessed person is a wealthy person, a wealthy person is not necessarily blessed.” — Julie Aigbokhan
32. “When someone rejects or breaks up with you, it may be a blessing in disguise. The person was not right for you.” — Pamela Cummins
33. “Remember, sometimes something might seem like bad news, but it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.” — Lemony Snicket
34. “Every failure is a blessing in disguise, providing it teaches some needed lesson one could not have learned without it. “— Napoleon Hill
35. “I’ve always been a religious person, and I try to think that every disappointment might just be a blessing in disguise.” — Jermain Defoe
36. “The storm you face is your teacher. The experience you gain is your lesson. The life you make from it all is your blessing.” — Kemi Sogunle
37. “Good when He gives, supremely good; Nor less when He denies: Afflictions, from His sovereign hand, Are blessings in disguise.” — Brother Lawrence
38. “Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes you won’t be on the beneficial end of it, but either way, it’s a blessing in disguise.” — Behdad Sami
39. “Healing opportunities can be disguised as people who really piss you off. Pay attention because they could be your greatest teachers.” — Gabrielle Bernstein
40. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise for which we are later, in the fullness of time and understanding, very grateful for!” — Oscar Wilde
Additional Blessings in Disguise Quotes
Here are a few more quotes to remind you to keep yourself open and look for the blessings woven through the situations and trials in your life.
41. “Sometimes small setbacks are just blessings in disguise. They enhance your determination and whole-hearted dedication to achieving your goals.” — Robert Cheeke
42. “For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever.” — 2 Corinthians 4:17
43. “Sometimes you wish you never met certain people, then you grow and realize that they were a gift in disguise and contributed to making you the person you are.” — Omar Suleiman
44. “Some of the best things that have ever happened to us wouldn’t have happened to us if it weren’t for some of the worst things that have ever happened to us.” — Mokokoma Mokhonoana
45. “All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.” — Hebrews 12:11
46. “If you are willing to accept failure and learn from it, if you are willing to consider failure as a blessing in disguise and bounce back, you have got the essential of harnessing one of the most powerful success forces.” — Joseph Sugarman
47. “What we count the ills of life are often blessings in disguise, resulting in good to us in the end. Though for the present not joyous but grievous, yet, if received in a right spirit, they work out fruits of righteousness for us at last.” — Matthew Henry
48. “Everyone has their own struggles, but I never question the road I’m on. I’m a firm believer in the notion that ‘everything happens for a reason,’ so even if sometimes you think you’re facing a problem, really it’s just a blessing in disguise.” — Nikki Yanofsky
49. “The uncertainty is a blessing in disguise. If I were absolutely certain about all things, I would spend my life in anxious misery, fearful of losing my way. But since everything and anything are always possible, the miraculous is always nearby, and wonders shall never, ever cease.” — Robert Fulghum
50. “I would want people to take away this idea that sometimes people’s problems or neuroses are really the things that are kind of a blessing in disguise, and even though there’s sometimes pain associated with these things that sometimes in the face of adversity with obstacles to overcome, people can really kind of soar and find their higher selves.” — Tony Shalhoub
Why Are Blessings in Disguise So Impactful?
Blessings in disguise are really impactful because they often come after we push through a hard time and stick to something, or they come after we feel like we have “lost” something.
People remember blessings in disguise because they come after you have reached a low point in your life and take you to a high point so they are memorable.
Share these blessings in disguise quotes with your friends and family and share your blessings in disguise in the comment section below.