These Gerard Ways quotes will inspire you on your journey to success.
Gerard Way is an American singer who was the lead singer of the group My Chemical Romance.
In addition to singing, Way is also a songwriter and comic book writer.
He has worked on the comic book series The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys and The Umbrella Academy.
In 2019, a Netflix television series was released based on The Umbrella Academy.
He also worked with comic books in many other ways, including co-creating the alternate version of Spider-Man, Peni Parker.
Way was the lead singer of My Chemical Romance from 2001 to when the band ended in 2013.
My Chemical Romance later announced a reunion tour that would happen in 2020, which ended up getting postponed until 2022 due to COVID-19.
Below are some of the most popular Gerard Way quotes. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out these JoJo quotes from the multi-talented singer-songwriter.
Gerard Way quotes to inspire and motivate you
1. “You should love yourself.” — Gerard Way
2. “Tears are words the heart can’t express.” — Gerard Way
3. “I wasn’t bullied in high school, I was just ignored.” — Gerard Way
4. “The clearest actions come from truth, not obligation.” — Gerard Way
5. “Heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary.” — Gerard Way
6. “Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?” — Gerard Way
7. “Comics are my first love, and I hate seeing an art form that I love suffer.” — Gerard Way
8. “The only thing I learned in high school is that people are very violent and territorial.” — Gerard Way
9. “My music is – I don’t want to say my main focus, but it’s what comes most naturally to me.” — Gerard Way
10. “The best thing about wearing black is that you can hide pretty easily unless you’re in like Hawaii, then you can’t hide.” — Gerard Way
You will also enjoy our article on Yungblud quotes.
Gerard Way motivational quotes
11. “You put an old Misfits record on, and it sounds like it came out yesterday.” — Gerard Way
12. “One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” — Gerard Way
13. “It was harder to break into comics than it was to become a singer in a rock band.” — Gerard Way
14. “‘The Black Parade’ is an epic, theatrical, orchestral, big record that is also a concept album.” — Gerard Way
15. “‘Watchmen’ is not only the greatest comic ever written, it’s a really important work of fiction.” — Gerard Way
16. “All of my favorite albums have this incredible amount of conceptual glue to them, even if they are not telling a story.” — Gerard Way
17. “It doesn’t matter what you look like on the outside, as long as you’re a good person, as long as you respect others.” — Gerard Way
18. “So many people treat you like you’re a kid, so you might as well act like one and throw your television out of the hotel window.” — Gerard Way
19. “As free and crazy as we want to be, and how much we want to make the world a canvas, there’s also a part of us that doesn’t want to make any mark.” — Gerard Way
20. “I wouldn’t have been able to move to L.A. if I felt I was going to lose my identity as a New Jerseyian. My accent has gotten thicker since I’ve lived here.” — Gerard Way
What did you learn from these Gerard Way quotes?
In 2014, Way released Hesitant Alien, his debut solo album.
Two deluxe tracks for the album were released later in 2016.
From 2018 to 2020, Way released a few solo singles, one of which would appear on The Umbrella Academy.
Gerard Way won many awards as the lead singer of My Chemical Romance.
Some of these awards include Best Rock Video and Best Group video at the MTV Video Music Awards Japan in 2007, Best Band at the TRL Awards in 2007, and Best International Band at the NME Awards in 2008.
In addition, Way was also nominated for many awards during his time with My Chemical Romance.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Gerard Way quotes and sayings?
Let us know in the comment section below.