These unbothered quotes will inspire you to reach a new level of calmness and serenity.
Sure, there are some of the standard IDGAF unbothered quotes about living your life how you want.
However, there are also some deeper unbothered quotes from some of the brightest minds out there.
What does it mean to be unbothered?
Well, other words that are synonymous with unbothered are calmness, undisturbed, quiet, and sedate.
Basically, it is a state of mind where you do not let yourself become wrapped up in things that threaten your inner calm.
Dictionary.com explains that an unbothered person is one who “remains completely confident and carefree in spite of whatever nonsense is happening or being thrown their way.”
These people are not easily shaken by the stress around them.
If you are looking for the perfect Instagram caption that really lets everyone know you are passed caring what other people think then some of these quotes are just what you need!
Keep reading for more on how to truly become unbothered!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Unbothered quotes for Instagram
1. “Live life unbothered.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on being calm.
2. “Keep calm and carry on.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on calm quotes.
3. “Unbothered by bad spirits.” — Unknown
4. “Unbothered by negative souls.” — Unknown
5. “Cute, degreed, employed, unbothered.” — Unknown
6. “Wear demeanor and remain unbothered.” — Unknown
7. “Be honored, cheerful, charming and unbothered.” — Unknown
8. “I’m so unbothered and that’s what bothers people.” — Unknown
9. “Unbothered, saturated, cheerful, in my path, engaged, prospering.” — Unknown
10. “I act like I’m unbothered, but deep down inside…I’m still unbothered.” — Unknown
Short unbothered quotes
11. “Calmness is the cradle of power.” —Josiah Gilbert Holland
12. “Opportunity seldom rises with blood pressure.” — Jarod Kintz
13. “I enjoy writing alone, naked and unbothered.” — M.F. Moonzajer
14. “You are the sky. Everything else is just the weather.” — Pema Chodron
15. “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” — Ralph H. Blum
16. “How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then to rest afterwards.” — Spanish Proverb
17. “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.” — Brian Tracey
18. “I’m always so unbothered and I love it like I’m really out here living my best life.” — Unknown
19. “Silence is the element in which great things fashion themselves together.” — Thomas Carlyle
20. “Yesterday is ashes, tomorrow wood. Only today does the fire burn brightly.” — Old Eskimo Proverb
Unbothered quotes from famous and influential people
21. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” — Confucius
22. “I don’t care what you think about me, I don’t think about you at all.” — Coco Chanel
23. I don’t really like to write music at all unless I am completely unbothered by touring.” — Adam Levine
24. “When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” — Buddha
25. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answers.” — William S. Burroughs
26. “Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed.” — Walt Whitman
27. “Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” — Dalai Lama
28. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” — Maya Angelou
29. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” — Oprah Winfrey
30. “It’s not easy to state the change you made. If I’m alive now, I would be dead, Though, like a stone, unbothered by it.” — Sylvia Plath
Thought-provoking unbothered quotes
31. “There can be no peace without but through peace within.” — W.E. Channing
32. “You cannot perceive beauty, but with a serene mind.” — Henry David Thoreau
33. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows. It empties today of its strength.” — Corrie Ten Boom
34. “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.” — Robert Eliot
35. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” — William James
36. “Within you, there is a stillness and sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” — Hermann Hesse
37. “Don’t try to force anything. Let life be a deep let-go. God opens millions of flowers every day without forcing their buds.” — Osho
38. “Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed.” — Indra Devi
39. “In theory one is aware that the earth revolves, but in practice one does not perceive it, the ground upon which one treads seems not to move, and one can live undisturbed. So it is with Time in one’s life.” — Marcel Proust
40. “It is a process of discovery. It’s being quiet enough and undisturbed enough for a period of time so that the songs can begin to sort of peek out, and you begin to have emotional experiences in a musical way.” — James Taylor
Reduce stress and stay unbothered quotes
41. “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” — Lily Tomlin
42. “Stress is caused by being ‘here’ but wanting to be ‘there.’” — Eckhart Tolle
43. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” — Chinese Proverb
44. “One of the best ways to reduce stress is to accept the things that you cannot control.” — M.P. Neary
45. “Stress, anxiety, and depression are caused when we are living to please others.” — Paulo Coelho
46. “Understand this and be free: We are not in our bodies; our bodies are inside us.” — Sean A. Mulvihill
47. “The mind is like water. When it’s turbulent, it’s difficult to see. When it’s calm, everything becomes clear.” — Prasad Mahes
48. “Today start your day with a smile, calmness of mind, coolness of emotions, and a heart filled with gratitude.” — Anonymous
49. “More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.” — Roy T. Bennett
50. “Your strength is your calmness, in the clarity of your mind. Strength comes from putting the negative aside without reacting. Win in calmness, in consciousness, in balance.” — Yogi Amrit Desai
Learn to be more unbothered
If you are not an unbothered person and would like to become less bothered by the things around you, doing these few simple things will help reduce your stress level.
First, stop comparing yourself to others!
This accomplishes nothing but to create jealousy.
If you are going to compare yourself to anyone, compare yourself to how you were last week, a month ago, or a year ago.
This will help you learn to recognize your growth and areas that still need a little work.
Second, manage your expectations. This means setting SMART goals and being patient with yourself.
Learn how to adapt to the situations around you and the fluidity of life.
Third, start protecting your energy.
Focus on the positive, and build a tribe of people who do the same.
Don’t constantly feed the negative emotions or people around you.
Last, speak less and listen more, and be careful of judging others.
Listening will help you understand others and the world around you.
Also, none of us are perfect, and it isn’t our job to judge others.
Have any other suggestions on how to be unbothered?
Let us know in the comment section below!