Brave Movie Quotes From The Hit Disney Movie
February 15, 2023 5:45 AM EST
Fans of the Disney Princess movies will love these Brave Movie quotes!
Brave was released in 2012 as a computer-animated fantasy movie about a Princess in the Scottish Highlands.
The movie was directed by Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman, who also wrote the story, and was produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures.
The movie received positive reviews and performed great at the box office bringing in over $540 million against a $185 million budget.
Brave stars the voices of Kelly MacDonald, Emma Thompson, Billy Connolly, and Julie Walters, among others.
The plot follows Princess Merida, an independent and strong young woman who would rather be out in the woods with her bow and arrow than be stuck inside.
Princess Merida despises the age-old custom of having to be betrothed to one of the kingdom’s allies now that she has turned sixteen.
So, she looks for a way out of the custom.
Enjoy reading these Brave movie quotes that will make you want to watch the movie!
You will also enjoy our article on Monster’s Inc. quotes.
Popular Brave quotes
You can see the difference of opinions between Merida and her mother, Elinor, in the quotes below.
1. “We can’t just run away from who we are.” – Elinor
2. “Can I shoot an arrow?” – Merida
3. “It’s marriage. It’s not the end of the world.” – Elinor
4. “Your father doesn’t believe in magic.” – Elinor
5. “A princess should not have weaponry, in my opinion.” – Elinor
6. “Happy birthday, my wee darlin’.” – Elinor
7. “You must be understood from anywhere in the room, or it’s all for naught.” –Elinor
8. “And above all, a princess strives for, well, perfection.” – Elinor
9. “I saw a wisp.” – Merida
10. “A princess must be knowledgeable about her kingdom.” – Elinor
Adventurous Brave quotes
Merida loved adventure and wanted a different life than what was planned for her, as shown by these quotes.
11. “Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it.” – Merida
12. “My whole life is planned out, preparing for the day I become, well, my mother.” – Merida
13. “Leave her be. Princess or not, learning to fight is essential.” – Fergus
14. “Some say our destiny is tied to the land, as much a part of us as we are of it. Others say fate is woven together like a cloth so that one’s destiny intertwines with many others.” – Merida
15. “But every once in a while, there’s a day when I don’t have to be a princess. No lessons, no expectations.” – Merida
16. “I climbed the Crone’s Tooth and drank from the Fire Falls.” – Merida
17. “They get away with murder. I can never get away with anything.” – Merida
18. “The lords are presenting their sons as suitors for your betrothal.” – Elinor
19. “Legends are lessons. They ring with truths.” – Elinor
20. “I won’t go through with it! You can’t make me!” – Merida
Check out our collection of WALL-E quotes if you enjoy this article.
Consequence of Actions
Princess Merida is so upset about having to marry a young man from an allied kingdom that she goes to see a witch to get an enchanted cake to change her mother’s mind.
Instead, when she gives Queen Elinor the cake, it turns her into a huge, angry bear that destroys the castle and runs away into the forest.
Princess Merida is filled with regret but knows she must reverse her actions to save her mom and the kingdom!
Please share these Brave movie quotes with your friends and family that love Disney princess movies, and tell us your favorite Merida moment in the comments.