25 Monsters Inc Quotes From The Hit Disney Movie
April 10, 2023 6:22 AM EST
These Monster’s Inc. quotes come from the delightfully ‘scary’ Disney/Pixar film, which premiered just after Halloween in 2001.
It offered us a glimpse into the ‘monsters’ that hide under the bed told from their perspective.
The screams of children power the city of Monstropolis.
Mike and Sulley, partners who work on the factory floor called ‘Scarers,’ enter the human world through magical doors.
These doors lead to the closet doors of little kids.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by the University of Cambridge, watching movies that include positive, uplifting messages can lead to increased empathy and pro-social behavior in children.
This highlights the potential impact of children’s films like Monsters Inc, which contain important lessons about teamwork, friendship, and acceptance.
What are the benefits of reading these Monsters Inc. quotes?
Their job is to harness the resulting screams so that the energy company can convert them to power.
After one of these trips, Mike and Sulley discover that Boo, an adorable little girl with pigtails, has snuck into the factory.
The film was a fan favorite because of its unique story and lovable characters.
These Monsters Inc. quotes are full of witty words from Mike Wazowski, and funny one-liners from some of our favorite monster friends.
The movie teaches valuable lessons about:
- fearing people who differ from us
- judging people based on incorrect preconceptions
- confronting our fears
I came across the question the other day that asked, “If Mike and Sulley were romantic partners?”
Keep reading through these Monster’s Inc. quotes to find out.
Don’t forget to check out these It’s A Wonderful Life quotes from the iconic movie.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Monsters Inc. quotes to make you laugh
A study from the University of Southern California found that children who engage with media that include positive portrayals of diverse characters are more likely to develop positive attitudes toward people from different backgrounds.
This highlights the importance of films like Monsters Inc, which feature a diverse cast of lovable monsters from all walks of life.
1. “Milking a yak ain’t exactly a picnic.” ―Yeti
2. “Wasteland? I think you mean Wonderland!” ―Yeti
3. “I wasn’t scared. I have allergies.” ― Mike Wazowski
4. “There’s more to life than scaring.” ― Mike Wazowski
5. “Scary monsters do not have plaque!” ― Mike Wazowski
You will also enjoy our article on Dodgeball quotes.
6. “Give it a rest, will ya, butterball?” ― James P. Sullivan, “Sulley”
7. “Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?” ― James P. Sullivan, “Sulley”
8. “I don’t like big moving things that are moving towards me.” ― Mike Wazowski
9. “Kids these days. They just don’t get scared like they used to.” ― Henry J. Waternoose
10. “You played dodgeball? I loved dodgeball! Of course, I was the ball.” ― Mike Wazowski
If you enjoyed this article, read our collection of inspirational Disney quotes about imagination and success.
You will also enjoy our article on Frozen quotes
Monsters Inc. quotes about Boo
Researchers at the University of Michigan found that children exposed to stories and narratives at an early age develop stronger language and literacy skills and increased creativity and imagination.
This suggests that films like Monsters Inc, with their vivid characters and imaginative storytelling, can be valuable tools for early childhood development.
11. “That’s right, Boo! You did it! You beat him!” ― James P. Sullivan, “Sulley”
12. “Put that thing back where it came from, or so help me!” ― Mike Wazowski
13. “One, two, three, four, get the kid back through the door!” ― Mike Wazowski
14. “You know, I don’t think she’s all that dangerous.” ― James P. Sullivan, “Sulley”
15. “What have I done? This could ruin the company.” ― James P. Sullivan, “Sulley”
16. “Yeah, we can keep her. I’ve always wanted a pet… THAT COULD KILL ME!” ― Mike Wazowski
You will also enjoy our article on Shrek quotes.
17. “Sulley, you’re not supposed to name it. Once you name it, you start getting attached to it.” ― Mike Wazowski
18. “Look at everybody’s favorite scarer now, you stupid, pathetic waste! You’ve been #1 for too long, Sullivan! Now your time is up! And don’t worry; I’ll take good care of the kid!” Randall Boggs
19. “What about us? That thing is a killing machine! I bet it’s waiting for us to fall asleep, and then – bam! Oh, we’re easy prey, my friend. Easy prey! We’re sitting targets!” ― Mike Wazowski
You will also enjoy our article on A Clockwork Orange quotes.
Monsters Inc. quotes about scaring
In a study by the University of California, Los Angeles,it was found that exposure to diverse cultures and backgrounds can reduce implicit biases and stereotypes.
This finding supports the movie’s message, encouraging individuals to look beyond appearances and preconceptions.
20. “It’s scarin’ time!” ― James P. Sullivan, “Sulley”
21. “We scare because we care.” ― Henry J. Waternoose
22. “Ready or not, here I come!” ― James P. Sullivan, “Sulley”
23. “Looks like you’re out of a job.” ― James P. Sullivan, “Sulley”
24. Mike Wazowski: “Whew! You got any odorant I can borrow?”
James P. Sullivan: “Yeah. I’ve got ‘Smelly Garbage’, and ‘Old Dumpster.”
25. “Abominable! That’s what they called me! Don’t you think that’s a little harsh? I mean, how about the Adorable Snowman?” ― Yeti
You will also enjoy our article on Dark quotes.
Which of these Monsters Inc. quotes is your favorite?
Monsters Inc. was not only loved by fans, generating over $577 million worldwide and becoming the third highest-grossing film of 2001, but it was also critically acclaimed.
Rotten Tomatoes gave the film a score of 96% based on 196 reviews.
The heartwarming plot about acceptance, love, and friendship is as relevant today as it was nearly 20 years ago.
There has been a question about whether Mike and Sulley were an early attempt at portraying a leading same-sex couple.
Sulley, the lovable blue furry monster, acts as a surrogate father for Boo.
He is unsure what to do with the human child, so he brings her home, a home he shares with co-worker Mike.
The two male characters share many characteristics of a couple, including living together, caring for one another, and bickering and bantering.
They also parent Boo together.
This movie was about love and acceptance, so it doesn’t feel like a stretch to think the studio would have made Mike and Sulley’s relationship ambiguous.
Do you think that Mike and Sulley are meant to be a couple in the eyes of the viewer?
Let us know your thoughts, and any other of your favorite Monster’s Inc. quotes and lines, in the comment section below.
If you found this article inspirational, please share it with your friends on social media.