Carrie Fisher is the actress who brought to life one of Hollywood’s most iconic roles, Princess Leia.
Many of these Carrie Fisher quotes are about Leia and Star Wars.
There are more than a few about the gold bikini she wore in the film.
However, Carrie Fisher was so much more than Princess Leia.
She was famous from the moment of her birth, being the daughter of Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, and later, the stepdaughter of Elizabeth Taylor.
Carrie also spoke a lot about her childhood and Hollywood upbringing.
These Carrie Fisher quotes about Hollywood, her life, and how she felt about fame give us a glimpse into what being famous is really like.
You might not know that Carrie also contributed and wrote several screenplays, including the one for Lethal Weapon 3!
She was also a novelist and a mental health advocate.
Keep reading to learn more about the famous actress and what she thought about love and relationships.
Don’t forget to also check out these Princess Leia quotes for Star Wars fans.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Carrie Fisher quotes about Hollywood and stardom
1. “I am truly a product of Hollywood in-breeding. When two celebrities mate, someone like me is the result.” ― Carrie Fisher
You will also enjoy our article on Jabba the Hutt quotes.
2. “I was born into big celebrity. It could only diminish.” ― Carrie Fisher
3. “At a certain point in my early twenties, my mother started to become worried about my obviously ever-increasing drug ingestion. So she ended up doing what any concerned parent would do. She called Cary Grant.” ― Carrie Fisher
4. “You’re not really famous until you’re a Pez dispenser.” ― Carrie Fisher
5. “People see me and they squeal like tropical birds or seals stranded on the beach.” ― Carrie Fisher
6. “Acting engenders and harbors qualities that are best left way behind in adolescence.” ― Carrie Fisher
7. “You can’t find any true closeness in Hollywood, because everybody does the fake closeness so well.” ― Carrie Fisher
8. “It’s a man’s world and show business is a man’s meal, with women generously sprinkled through it like overqualified spice.” ― Carrie Fisher
9. “I was street smart, but unfortunately, the street was Rodeo Drive.” ― Carrie Fisher
10. “There is no point at which you can say, ‘Well, I’m successful now. I might as well take a nap.’” ― Carrie Fisher
Carrie Fisher quotes about Star Wars and Princess Leia
11. “People are still asking me if I knew Star Wars was going to be that big of a hit. Yes, we all knew. The only one who didn’t know was George.” ― Carrie Fisher
12. “Leia follows me like a vague smell.” ― Carrie Fisher
13. “I signed my likeness away. Every time I look in the mirror, I have to send Lucas a couple of bucks.” ― Carrie Fisher
14. “That’s why ‘Star Wars’ is appealing. You watch someone fight the perilous monster.” ― Carrie Fisher
15. “What I’ve realized recently is that the difference between me and Mickey Mouse is, there’s not a man that can go and say, ‘Look, can you get me in any faster? I’m Mickey Mouse.’ Whereas I can go in and say, ‘Look, could you get me a table faster? I’m Princess Leia.’” ― Carrie Fisher
16. “I’ll go hang out with a bunch of robots for a few months and then return to my life and try to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.” ― Carrie Fisher
17. “I am Princess Leia, no matter what. If I were trying to get a good table, I wouldn’t say I wrote ‘Postcards.’ Or, if I’m trying to get someone to take my check and I don’t have ID, I wouldn’t say, ‘Have you seen ‘Harry Met Sally’?’ Princess Leia will be on my tombstone.” ― Carrie Fisher
18. “It was Han and Leia during the week, and Carrie and Harrison during the weekend.” ― Carrie Fisher
19. [Speaking of her gold bikini] “Tell them that a giant slug captured me and forced me to wear that stupid outfit, and then I killed him because I didn’t like it. And then I took it off. Backstage.” ― Carrie Fisher
20. “I had a lot of fun killing Jabba the Hutt. They asked me on the day if I wanted to have a stunt double kill Jabba. No! That’s the best time I ever had as an actor.” ― Carrie Fisher
Candid Carrie Fisher quotes about her life and mental health
21. “If anything, my mother taught me how to sur-thrive. That’s my word for it.” ― Carrie Fisher
22. “I’m very sane about how crazy I am.” ― Carrie Fisher
23. “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually, the confidence will follow.” ― Carrie Fisher
24. “If my life wasn’t funny, it would just be true, and that is unacceptable.” ― Carrie Fisher
25. “I shot through my twenties like a luminous thread through a dark needle, blazing toward my destination: Nowhere.” ― Carrie Fisher
Which of these Carrie Fisher quotes is your favorite?
Han Solo and Princess Leia have a legendary Hollywood romance.
It might not surprise you that the actors Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher also had a three-month affair.
Carrie revealed this fact in her book The Princess Diarist.
The memoir doesn’t paint Ford in the best light, as he was 33 (Fisher was 19) and married with two children.
Carrie conjured up a fantasy about the pair that never came to fruition.
Sadly, Carrie Fisher had no real luck in the romance department.
She was briefly married to Paul Simon, engaged to Dan Aykroyd for a spell, and had a child with Bryan Lourd.
She and Paul divorced, she and Dan broke up when she went back to Simon (briefly), and Lourd left her for a man.
Carrie also dealt with drug addiction, anorexia, and bipolar disorder throughout her life.
She often spoke candidly about her addiction and mental health problems, becoming an advocate for both causes.
Harvard College awarded Fisher its Annual Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award in Cultural Humanism, in 2016, for “her forthright activism and outspokenness about addiction, mental illness, and agnosticism have advanced public discourse on these issues with creativity and empathy.”
Do you have a favorite Carrie Fisher quote you would like to add?
You can use the comment section below to share your thoughts with us!