Careful What You Wish For Quotes From the Thrilling Movie
February 14, 2023 1:38 AM EST
These Careful What You Wish For quotes will have you second-guessing yourself before wishing for something.
Careful What You Wish For was released in 2015 as an erotic thriller inspired by the 1981 movie Body Heat.
The movie was directed by Elizabeth Allen Rosenbaum and starred Isabel Lucas, Nick Jonas, and Kandyse McClure, among other actors.
The movie’s plot follows a young man named Doug Martin who is spending the summer at a lake house with his parents.
Elliot and Lena Harper, a wealthy young couple, move in next door and Doug is immediately attracted to the beautiful young wife.
Doug starts doing odd jobs for the couple so he can spend more time with Lena, and with Elliot constantly away on business, they begin an affair.
Lena lets on that Elliot is extremely jealous and even physically abusive.
When Elliot ends up dead, at first, Doug believes Lena had acted in self-defense, but he quickly learns that he was set up as the scapegoat so that Lena could collect insurance money.
Doug now has to prove his innocence before Lena goes free.
Take a look at these Careful What You Wish For Quotes that will remind you that not all is as it seems.
You will also enjoy our article on The Undoing quotes.
Memorable Careful What You Wish For Quotes
Check out these quotes that you are sure to remember from the movie.
1. “You don’t want to do this?” – Lena Harper
2. “But I’m not sending you home like this.” – Lena Harper
3. “It’s not exactly the Ritz, but…” – Janice
4. “You can’t tell anybody about this. You know that right?” – Lena Harper
5. “Have you ever been with a girl before?” – Lena Harper
6. “Well, how about you come over tomorrow and take a look at it? Maybe I’ll hire you.” – Elliot
7. “I need a word, immediately. Doug, get down here!” – Elliot
8. “Elliot warned me I wouldn’t be able to take care of myself out here in the Summer.” – Lena Harper
9. “My husband sent me to see how you’re coming along with the boat.” – Lena Harper
10. “We’ll see how much you get done over the weekend. If you need me, I’ll be at the San Francisco Ritz.” – Elliot
Careful What You Wish For Quotes by Doug Martin
Check out these quotes from one of the main characters of the movie.
11. “How did you get all this? The house, the jag…” – Doug Martin
12. “You’re right. I’m sorry.” – Doug Martin
13. “I’m in love with her.” – Doug Martin
14. “Are you kidding me? It’s the best youth ever.” – Doug Martin
15. “There is no pleasure without pain.” – Doug Martin
16. “There’s something about the summer, the promise that anything could happen. And in my case, it did.” – Doug Martin
17. “Yeah, the uh, the… rudder shaft and the bearings are usually the first thing to go on those.” – Doug Martin
18. “What, we just break your window? Going to wake my parents.” – Doug Martin
19. “She says he’s a real prick, though. She hasn’t had a chance to break it off with him yet.” – Doug Martin
20. “My grandfather taught me. When I was little, he told me about this kid, Robin Lee Graham, who sailed all around the world, all by himself.” – Doug Martin
Is Anything Doug Believes Real?
Doug learns by the movie’s end that Lena is not in love with him or Elliot; it was all a setup, and Lena and Angie, the insurance agent, are actually lovers.
Lena leaves Doug some evidence before she and Angie leave the country so that his sentence would be reduced, and we see Doug wondering if he would do it all again.
Share these Careful What You Wish For quotes with your friends that love intense thrilling movies.
Please post any comments about the movie in the comment section below.