If whispering intrigues you, these whisper quotes are for you.
Here, we have curated a list of the best whisper quotes that are exciting and engaging.
You may also enjoy these related articles:
These quotes are carefully selected to offer you the best possible experience.
We have placed these quotes in different sections to help you find whisper quotes that inspire you the most.
Apart from the quotes, we have also discussed why people whisper and whether it is unethical to whisper in the workplace.
So without delay, here we go!
Why People Whisper
Whispering is a standard mode of communication.
While whispering, people try to keep their voices at the lowest yet audible frequency.
Usually, people whisper to keep the talk private between two people.
In addition, there are various reasons behind the whispering behavior of a person.
Listed below are a few of them:
- People whisper to prevent disturbing others
- People whisper to avoid getting noticed by others
- It’s an indication of reverence, caution, and secrecy
- It’s a great way to keep the conversation private
- Whispering helps to show closeness and intimacy with the listener
- Whispering is a viable way to maintain silence in a quiet setting, i.e., a library
Is it Unethical to Whisper in the Workplace?
Usually, it is essential to maintain a professional and respectful tone when communicating at work.
However, this doesn’t mean you can’t whisper with your colleagues occasionally.
But be careful, as whispering might make others feel they aren’t worthy enough to be included.
It might cause morale loss and disrupt the team members’ connection.
Also, whispering could lead to miscommunication, as it’s hard to listen and understand when someone whispers.
For this reason, whispering in the workplace might not be in line with professional ethics.
In addition, whispering also creates an atmosphere of secrecy and mistrust.
Hence, it is often better to communicate normally during work.
Talking openly can also encourage a trustworthy environment in the workplace.
Top 10 Whisper Quotes
These are the best whisper quotes that are worth reading and sharing.
1. “Every night, whisper ‘peace’ in your husband’s ear.” — Andrei A. Gromyko
2. “It isn’t what they say about you; it’s what they whisper.” — Errol Flynn
3. “In a world that wants women to whisper, I choose to yell.” — Luvvie Ajayi
4. “It is harder to kill a whisper than even a shouted calumny.” — Mary Stewart
5. “Some people will believe anything if you whisper it to them.” — Miguel de Unamuno
6. “Speech is a very important aspect of being human. A whisper doesn’t cut it.” — James Earl Jones
7. “I do talk to myself, just not in a whisper. But I have caught myself sometimes.” — Atticus Shaffer
8. “For many years, I thought a poem was a whisper overheard, not an aria heard.” — Rita Dove
9. “A secret is not something unrevealed, but something told privately, in a whisper.” — Marcel Pagnol
10. “I don’t like to watch golf on television because I can’t stand people who whisper.” — David Brenner
Whisper Quotes that are Instaworthy
The following whisper quotes are exciting and Instaworthy!
11. “It is impossible that the whisper of a faction should prevail against the voice of a nation.” — Lord John Russell
12. “Ever notice that the whisper of temptation can be heard farther than the loudest call to duty.” — Earl Wilson
13. “My wife said, ‘Take me in your arms and whisper something soft and sweet.’ I said, ‘Chocolate fudge.’” — Tommy Cooper
14. “When you hit a groove, it’s not you; it’s the spirit world. The spirits whisper the ideas in your brain and prod you along.” — Tommy Chong
15. “We whisper, and hint, and chuckle and grin at our brother’s shame; however, you take it, we men are a little breed.” — Alfred Lord Tennyson
16. “All of nature begins to whisper its secrets to us through its sounds. Sounds that were previously incomprehensible to our soul now become the meaningful language of nature.” — Rudolf Steiner
17. “The best servants of the people, like the best valets, must whisper unpleasant truths in the master’s ear. It is the court fool, not the foolish courtier, whom the king can least afford to lose.” — Walter Lippmann
18. “Sometimes I walk down the street and hear people whisper ‘that’s Tricky,’ and I look back, and I see them looking back, then that affects everything I do – the way I walk and talk. It stops you from being real.” — Tricky
19. “Don’t talk about anything you can whisper. Don’t whisper anything. You can smile. Don’t smile anything you can nod. Don’t nod anything; you can wink.” — Earl Long
20. “Some people may whisper, complain and judge. But for the most part, it’s all in your head. People care less about your actions than you think. Why? They have their own problems!” — Kris Carr
Deep Whisper Quotes
These whisper quotes are deep and insightful.
21. “If you want your kids to listen to you, don’t yell at them. Whisper.” — Mario Batali
22. “I am amazed about how everyone wants to know about my love life. They whisper to me, ‘Tell me the truth. Is it true?” — Penelope Cruz
23. “The people will always have the last word – even if someone has a very weak, quiet voice. Such power will collapse because of a whisper.” — Ai Weiwei
24. “North Korea was pretty insane. Like the first thing my mom taught me was don’t even whisper; the birds and mice could hear me.” — Park Yeon-mi
25. “You go to a restaurant, and people are pointing at you, and they talk about you, and they whisper and it is very disconcerting; it is a very odd feeling.” — Jack Horner
26. “As virtuous men pass mildly away, and whisper to their souls to go, whilst some of their sad friends do say, the breath goes now, and some say no.” — John Donne
27. “I would hope it’s better, but I’m actually acknowledging now that I want to explore all these levels from a whisper to a scream with this gift I’ve been given.” — David Coverdale
28. “Fame can be just so annoying because people are so critical of you. You can’t just say, ‘Hi.’ You say hi, and people whisper ‘man did you see the way she said hi?” — Juliette Lewis
29. “I love readings, and my readers, but the din of voices of the audience gives me stage fright, and the din of voices inside whisper that I am a fraud and that the jig is up.” — Anne Lamott
30. “The two most precious things this side of the grave are our reputation and life. But it is to be lamented that the most contemptible whisper may deprive us of the one, and the weakest weapon of the other.” — Charles Caleb Colton
Whisper Quotes with Poetic Vibes
These whisper quotes have poetic vibes inside. So, let’s check out what we’ve got here.
31. “Whispers are often thunderous.” ― Richard Smyth
32. “Faith requires following the power of a whisper.” ― Shannon L. Alder
33. “He painted until his cursive brushes were only whispers of rawness on the thin ivory.” ― Unknown
34. “Whispers crept through the silence, disturbing the peace of an unoccupied mind.” ― Caroline Noe
35. “Death’s life should have listened to the moonly whispers of breathing in the coldest nights.” ― Munia Khan
36. “A monster, some called her. But in the shadows, only said in whispers, she was an angel in red.” ― Emory R. Frie
37. “The soul whispers what the heart desires. Listen to your soul, and you’ll hear it whisper my name” ― Grace Willows
38. “Soon, the whispers would solidify, and their version of the truth would be the only one that mattered.” ― Shaun David Hutchinson
39. “The dance is the dalliance of the whispers, unsaid desires brighter than eternal suns. His teeth of flint and steel, the sun boy’s lips like ichor.” ― Grace Curley
40. “A hand to hold, stolen kisses, whispers of love… there are so many things taken for granted every day, and you don’t realize just how important they were until they are gone.” ― Nyki Mack
Some More Whisper Quotes
These are some more whisper quotes with different meanings and messages. Please read them and share them with the relevant persons.
41. “Even the library has whispers.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
42. “The best writing speaks when the heart whispers.” ― A.D. Posey
43. “Countless whispers of your love echo softly in my heart.” ― Deborah Olajitan
44. “Evil Whispers – what you do after the whisper determines your sin or victory.” ― John M. Sheehan
45. “Listen to the whispers you hear from within; give your soul the voice to be heard.” ― Dee Waldeck
46. “You are the morning smiles and the midnight whispers; how can I forget you without forgetting them.” ― M.F. Moonzajer
47. “Whispers of the heart and echoes of the mind are discreet yet powerful; pay close attention to them.” ― Emmanuel Apetsi
48. “After I’d been on Friends, people would whisper as I went past. I no longer had proper dialogues with people.” ― Helen Baxendale
49. “Whispers are not restricted to the bearing of bad news, and there are men who smell injustice however softly it walks.” ― Beryl Markham
50. “I was a quiet kid. I was very introverted, believe it or not. I never spoke above a whisper. I was always, ‘Yes, sir.’ I was raised that way.” ― Howie Long
Which One of these Whisper Quotes is your Favorite?
The whisper quotes listed above are among the best quotes available on this topic.
We have compiled this collection by selecting the most relevant whisper quotes.
Most whisper quotes in this collection are engaging, making them ideal for sharing via social media.
Mention your favorite in the comments section.
We would love to hear from you!