Marilyn Manson Quotes Sharing His Beliefs and Opinions
September 8, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Take a look at some Marilyn Manson quotes to get to know the real man.
Marilyn Manson is a trademarked name owned by Brian Hugh Warner. He has been known as the name professionally since 1989 when he and one other started a band by the same name.
Marilyn Manson is a combination of the names Marilyn Monroe and Charles Manson.
Manson is a singer, songwriter, actor, writer, and painter. Over the years, he was nominated for several Grammy Awards and won multiple Metal Edge Readers’ Choice Awards as a heavy metal musician. His most popular music is from the 90s.
While highly successful in the music industry, he is also a highly controversial artist who has been connected with many lawsuits and controversies throughout his career.
Before you judge the man good or bad, take a look at the Marilyn Manson quotes below.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Marilyn Manson Quotes About Life
It is always interesting to see how another person views life. Take a look at the following quotes to see how Marilyn Manson views life.
1. “Music is the strongest form of magic.” – Marilyn Manson
2. “I can’t turn off the way I think, and that’s essentially who I am, who anybody is.” – Marilyn Manson
3. “Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised.” – Marilyn Manson
4. “I think confidence is the most appealing quality in any human being or any artist; that’s what really attracts us to people.” – Marilyn Manson
5. “When someone was willing to drown with me, I really didn’t want to drown anymore.” – Marilyn Manson
6. “Relationships never break cleanly. Like a valuable vase, they are smashed and then glued back together, smashed and glued, smashed and glued until the pieces just don’t fit together anymore.” – Marilyn Manson
7. “There’s no reason to change what you are, but if you’re not being you, then you need to acknowledge that.” – Marilyn Manson
8. “If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” – Marilyn Manson
9. “I don’t want to feel like I’ve matured. That’s a stupid word that I never want to use.” – Marilyn Manson
10. “In a society where you are taught to love everything, what value does that place on love?” – Marilyn Manson
Marilyn Manson Quotes On The Importance Of Being Yourself
If you don’t know and love yourself then how can you know and love anyone else? Check out these insightful quotes by Marilyn Manson.
11. “When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.” – Marilyn Manson
12. “I can’t satisfy myself with just trying to tie all of my imagination into music, especially when music is not appreciated as an art form as much as it used to be.” – Marilyn Manson
13. “My goal isn’t to make money, it’s to try and survive and make a point.” – Marilyn Manson
14. “If you lose who you are, what do you have?” – Marilyn Manson
15. “I never said to be like me. I say be yourself and make a difference.” – Marilyn Manson
16. “Enjoy your faults; that’s what separates you from the rest of the world.” – Marilyn Manson
17. “Find out what you are afraid of, face it, and then you won’t be afraid of it anymore.” – Marilyn Manson
18. “Rumors, stories, I’m used to them. I got my ribs removed. I was on ‘The Wonder Years.’ You know there’s a different story every day.” – Marilyn Manson
19. “I was married to someone who wanted me to change. Become more adult, more responsible. I began not to like myself, not like what I do. I lost my identity. Everything began collapsing around me.” – Marilyn Manson
20. “If you act like a rock star, you will be treated like one.” – Marilyn Manson
Did The Marilyn Manson Quotes Change How You Thought About The Musician?
Many rumors circled about Marilyn Manson throughout his career.
In addition, he was connected with the Church of Satan for a period, and his name was associated with multiple school shootings and murders, including the Columbine shooting.
Correspondingly, those who committed the crimes were fans of Manson’s music and art.
Manson has also been involved in multiple lawsuits throughout the years, including over royalties, hotel damages, assault and battery, criminal sexual misconduct, and unpaid partnership proceedings, among others.
In addition, over the years, his performances were banned in multiple locations.
In addition to music, Manson has authored four books, was in multiple films, made television appearances, and produced 11 studio albums.
The Marilyn Manson Quotes show that there is a lot more to the man than what the public knows.
Are you a fan of Marilyn Manson? Post for your friends and comment below to keep the conversation going.