These skincare quotes are short and perfect for Instagram, but they are also filled with information from doctors and other skincare experts.
You might be surprised to learn that the skin is the largest organ of the human body—which is only one reason that skincare is so vital. The purpose of skin is to protect the human body from things like bacteria, chemicals, and temperature extremes.
I always thought skincare was just an industry (and a little overrated), and constantly asked myself why I needed a skincare “routine.”
However, I learned that there are actually a few benefits to having a solid skincare routine. Primarily, a good skincare routine helps your skin stay in good condition.
Basically, it is your way of protecting it! An effective routine can help prevent acne, treat wrinkles, and help keep your skin looking its best (and more youthful).
Taking care of your skin also helps prevent skin problems. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and all that. On top of that who wouldn’t like the confidence boost you get from healthy glowing skin!
Keep reading through these skincare quotes and learn just what you should include in a skincare routine.
Don’t forget to also check out these self-care quotes on the importance of taking care of yourself.
Short skincare quotes
1. “Invest in your skin. It is going to represent you for a very long time.” — Linden Tyler
2. “Be good to your skin. You’ll wear it every day for the rest of your life.” — Renee Rouleau
3. “Beautiful skin requires commitment, not a miracle.” — Erno Laszlo
4. “Skincare must be good enough to eat!” — Joanna Runciman, The Radiant Woman’s Handbook
5. “Sleep, drink water, and treat your skin.” — Georgia Louise
6. “Loving your skin isn’t vanity, it’s sanity.” — Andre Gide
7. “Good skincare is a lifetime commitment.” — Georgia Louise
8. “Happiness is a habit. So is your skincare.” — Linden Tyler
9. “Aging is a fact of life. Looking your age is not.” — Dr. Howard Murad
10. “Every person should learn to be their own skincare expert” — Bobbi Brown
Skincare quotes for Instagram
11. “My life might not be perfect, but my skincare routine is.” — Unknown
12. “But first, skincare.” — Unknown
13. “Filters are great, but skincare is better.” — Renee Rouleau
14. “Skin is a beautiful thing – wear it well.” — Unknown
15. “Healthy skin is always in.” — Unknown
16.“Good things come to those who remove their makeup before bed.” — Unknown
17. “Exfoliate the bad vibes.” — Unknown
18. “Your skin is 90% of your selfie.” — Unknown
19. “Life isn’t perfect but your skin can be.” — Unknown
20. “If it doesn’t nourish your skin or your soul, let it go.” — Unknown
Skincare quotes from celebrities
21. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.” — Coco Chanel
22. “I’m really into my skin looking naked. I’m trying to honor that my skin looks so good now and rock it.” — Lizzo
23. “I’m a big believer in that if you focus on good skincare, you really won’t need a lot of make-up.” — Demi Moore
24. “Facials are my biggest beauty indulgence. Looking good is about having a good base. It’s about taking care of your skin.” — Halle Berry
25. “I wouldn’t mind spending a little more time and effort and money on good skincare.” — Catherine O’Hara.
26. “For me, taking care of your skin is the most important step. You can cover it with all the makeup you have, and it’s still not as nice as beautiful skin.” — Astrid Berges-Frisbey
27. “Glowing skin is a result of proper skincare. It means you can wear less makeup and let skin shine through.” — Michael Coulombe
28. “Whenever I’m putting on skincare products… Sometimes it really feels like therapy. I’m taking care of my skin. I’m breathing in essential oils.” — Aimee
29. “Drink a bunch of water and get facials regularly. I take care of my skin.” — Angela Bassett
30. “I can’t change the day I was born. But I can take care of my skin, my body, my mind, and try to live my life and be happy.” — Olivia Munn
Skincare quotes about overall health
31. “It’s not just what substances you put on your skin. Inappropriate inflammation is rooted in diet, how you handle stress, how you rest, and your exposure to environmental toxins.” — Andrew Weil
32. “Take good care of your skin and hydrate. If you have good skin, everything else will fall into place.” — Liya Kebede
33. “What is your skin trying to tell you? Often the skin is a metaphor for deeper issues and a way for your body to send up a red flag to warn you that all is not well underneath.” — Dr. Judyth Reichenberg.
34. “Healthy skin is a reflection of overall wellness.” — Dr. Murad.
35. “Your skin is the fingerprint of what is going on inside your body and all skin conditions.” — Dr. Georgiana Donadio
36. “If you want sweeter-looking skin, sidestep the sugar. Sugar and highly refined carbohydrates, including white bread, white rice, French fries, and sugar-laded soda, can increase acne.” — Leslie Baumann
37. “Self-care is an essential part of a healthy life. Essential oils figure in many at-home remedies to smooth the skin, soothe the spirit, and calm the mind.” — Amy Leigh Mercree, Essential Oils Handbook
38. “Be patient. Your skin took a while to deteriorate. Give it some time to reflect a calmer inner state.” — Jess C. Scott
39. “Massage is considered to be an effective method to strengthen the immune system, as it combines essential oil application with touch, entering through the largest organ in our bodies, our skin.” — Amy Leigh Mercree, Essential Oils Handbook
40. “Take good care of your skin – it’s your body’s clothing.” — Unknown
Skincare quotes from doctors, writers, and other skin experts
41. “Beauty is in the skin! Take care of it, oil it, clean it, scrub it, perfume it, and put on your best clothes, even if there is no special occasion, and you’ll feel like a queen.” — Fatima Mernissi
42. “Your skin has a memory. In ten, twenty, thirty years from now, your skin will show the results of how it was treated today. So treat it kindly and with respect.” — Jana Elston
43. “In a polite society, a well-maintained skincare routine is one of life’s great successes.” — Violet Grey
44. “Skincare is like dieting. You have to invest time and effort. There is no instant miracle cure.” — Karen Grant
45. “I encourage girls and women all over the world to love the skin they’re in! Strive to have healthy looking skin, not perfect looking skin.” — Stephanie Lahart
46. “The most valuable benefit of apple cider vinegar is that it helps to restore your skin’s natural pH balance.” — Amy Leigh Mercree, Apple Cider Vinegar Handbook
47. “Palmarosa is your skin’s friend. Because it stimulates cellular regeneration, it is helpful in the prevention of wrinkles and in the treatment of scars.” — Amy Leigh Mercree, Essential Oils Handbook
48. “Different skin types require different types of cleanser, but there is one common cleanser nobody should ever use: common bar soap.” — Anthony Youn, The Age Fix
49. “For most of us, the most common and unfortunate side effect of skin problems is isolation. And it’s hard for some of us to imagine that people can see the face – the person – behind the acne.” — Yancy Lael
50. “Real skin has texture, pores, and even the occasional blemish. The goal is healthy skin, not perfect skin.” — Sean Garrette
Skincare quotes to inspire you to look after your skin
51. “Don’t forget that healing takes time. Don’t expect to try meditation and a new skincare line and end up with perfect skin in a week. Give yourself the gift of time and patience.” — Yancy Lael
52. “What was the one underlying cause of acne according to this patient, and to others who I talked to after that day? In patients’ minds, they were somehow to blame for this whole ordeal.” — Aarti Patel
53. “I’d rather invest in my skin than a handbag.” – Georgia Louise
54. “A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear.” – Marilyn Monroe
55. I believe that all women are pretty without makeup – but with the right makeup can be pretty powerful. – Bobbi Brown
56. “Whether I’m wearing lots of makeup or no makeup, I’m always the same person inside.” – Lady Gaga
57. “Healthy skin is crucial for providing the right canvas for applying make up, to enhance natural beauty and create natural healthy looking skin.” – Caroline Frazer
58. “Look after yourself from within, and your beauty will shine through on your skin.” – Jana Elston
59. “Healthy skin is not an overnight process.” – Kelsea Ballerini
60. “Sixties models knew nothing about skin care.” – Marie Helvin
Things you need for a good skincare routine
Like I mentioned before skincare is an industry, so there are a lot of products and options to choose from. Just because skincare is important, doesn’t mean you have to buy a bunch of expensive products. However, there are a few basic things you should have handy in your bathroom.
The first thing you will need is a cleanser. Experts recommend gentle, nonabrasive water-based cleansers that are alcohol and fragrance-free. This will help keep your skin from getting too dry. Exfoliants are also quite helpful but not essential.
Retinoids, derivatives of vitamin A compounds, can help with acne and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Experts point out that you shouldn’t be exfoliating and using retinoids in the same routine. To avoid irritation exfoliate and use your retinoid on alternating days, or exfoliate in the morning and use the retinoid in the evening.
The next things are must-haves: moisturizers and sunscreen. Moisturizers help draw and seal moisture into the skin. This keeps your skin hydrated and helps it protect you better. Sunscreen helps protect your skin from damaging UV rays. Not only do UV rays cause accelerated signs of aging, but can also lead to cancer.
The bottom line here is that at a bare minimum we need to keep our skin healthy like we try to do with all our organs.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these skincare quotes and sayings? Share some of your favorite skincare routine tips and products with us in the comment section below.
April 26, 2022 5:00 AM EST