Our nothing lasts forever quotes will motivate you to act now and live in the present moment.
We are not guaranteed tomorrow, and this collection of quotes is the perfect reminder to live in the now!
Is It True That Nothing Lasts Forever?
The short answer is yes, nothing lasts forever.
Even our sun has a time limit and will eventually supernova.
We have about 8 billion years before that occurs, but it still proves that nothing lasts forever.
American rapper J. Cole once joked, “The bad news is nothing lasts forever. The good news is nothing lasts forever.”
What makes life unique and worthwhile is that you will never experience the exact moment twice.
There are many benefits to living in the present.
Living in the present can:
- Boost your energy
- Make you a better listener
- Help you avoid conflict
A proverb says that a person can never enter the same river twice.
Rivers are constantly flowing and moving.
The idea behind the proverb is that since the river keeps moving, where and how you stepped before will always be different when new water flows past you.
It is never the same river.
Some moments may carry the same themes and demonstrate other similarities, but every moment is unique.
This concept makes some people ponder their mortality while reminding others that we are constantly evolving.
Time Waits For No One
The idea that nothing lasts forever is not supposed to make us sad.
Instead, it encourages us to make the most of every moment in the day because our time is finite.
Check out our nothing last forever quotes below to learn more.
Short Nothing Lasts Forever Quotes
These nothing lasts forever quotes are short and powerful.
1. “Nothing Lasts Forever.” — Sidney Sheldon
2. “Nothing endures but change.” — Heraclitus
3. “Nothing lasts forever except change.” — Buddha
4. “Nothing is forever…nothing lasts.” — Michelle Moran
5. “Nothing lasts forever. Should I?” — Madonna Ciccone
6. “Grief, after all, is the price we pay for love.” — David Malham
7. “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” — Hal Borland
8. “Nothing lasts forever; pain and troubles included.” — Paulo Coelho
9. “Nothing lasts forever — not even your troubles. ” — Arnold H. Glasow
10. “Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change.” — Bruce Dickinson
Nothing Lasts Forever Quotes To Inspire You
Here are some of our most thoughtful nothing lasts forever quotes.
11. “Even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise.” — Victor Hugo
12. “No one, at night, really believes he’ll live forever.” — Charles L. Grant
13. “If nothing lasts forever, then I am forever nothing.” — Anthony Liccione
14. “Be vigilant, for nothing one achieves lasts forever.” — Tahar Ben Jelloun
15. “Never is too much of a word. Nothing lasts forever.” — Martin Van Creveld
16. “Nothing lasts forever, so what makes love the exception.” — Andre Benjamin
17. “The butterfly counts not months but moments and has time enough.” — Rabindranath Tagore
18. “People like us, we gotta stick together. Keep your head up; nothing lasts forever.” — Kelly Clarkson
19. “There’s a harsh reality. Nothing lasts forever. You have to be ready to grow, and grow fast.” — Pras Michel
20. “Nothing lasts forever, and no one can predict what will happen to me in the near or distant future.” — Indira Gandhi
21. “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river, and he’s not the same man.” — Heraclitus
22. “Nothing lasts forever, but we always try, and I just can’t help but wonder why we let it pass us by.” — Amanda Marshall
23. “Pause and remember; Nothing lasts forever. Better days are coming, but they will come faster with faith.” — Jennifer Young
24. “Nothing lasts forever on this earth. But whatever’s good comes back every once in a while if you let it.” — Gladys Hasty Carroll
25. “Everything passes. Joy. Pain. The moment of triumph; the sigh of despair. Nothing lasts forever — not even this.” — Paul Stewart
26. “I’m saying with very few exceptions nothing lasts forever, and among those exceptions, no work or thought of man is numbered.” — Iain Banks
27. “As you get older, you realize that nothing lasts forever. It’s not depressing, but it does make moments more intense.” — Victoria Legrand
28. “We were just killing time; we were young and restless and needed to unwind. There ain’t nothing that lasts forever, forever.” — Bryan Adams
29. “Pull your boots up by the bootstrap and know that everything is temporary. All good moments are temporary, and all bad moments are temporary. Nothing lasts forever.” — Jim Rohn
30. “Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the drama, take chances & never have regrets, because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted.” — Marilyn Monroe
Insightful Nothing Lasts Forever Quotes
We can learn a lot from the lesson that nothing lasts forever.
31. “Nothing lasts forever; even your true love is also temporary.” — Pratik Sharma
32. “In life, and in sports, we all know that nothing lasts forever.” — Peyton Manning
33. “We have nothing that is really our own; we hold everything as a loan.” — Nicolas Poussin
34. “Everything is so fleeting and impermanent. It’s enough to drive you bat shit crazy.” — Shane Kuhn
35. “Nothing’s forever forever’s a lie. All we have is what’s between hello and goodbye.” — Marilyn Bergman
36. “I used to think that I could never lose anyone if I photographed them enough. In fact, my pictures show me how much I’ve lost.” — Nan Goldin
37. “The magic fades too fast; the scent of summer never lasts. The nights turn hollow and vast, but nothing remains, nothing lasts.” — Sanober Khan
38. “Nothing lasts forever, so if it’s good, enjoy it while you got it; if it’s bad, something good is around the corner, so don’t worry about it.” — Ben Crushcov
39. “Many have died; you also will die. The drum of death is being beaten. The world has fallen in love with a dream. Only sayings of the wise will remain.” — Kabir
40. “Time isn’t the enemy. Fear of change is. Accept that nothing lasts forever, and you’ll start to appreciate the advantages of whatever age you are now.” — Oprah Winfrey
Motivational Nothing Last Forever Quotes
Impermanence is a gift to act upon with diligence.
41. “The bad news is nothing lasts forever. The good news is nothing lasts forever.” — J. Cole
42. “Nothing in the world is permanent, and we’re foolish when we ask anything to last, but surely we’re still more foolish not to take delight in it while we have it.” — W. Somerset Maugham
43. “Life is a cycle, always in motion. If good times have moved on, so will times of trouble.” — Indian proverb
44. “Most relationships seem so transitory. They’re all good but not the permanent one.” — Natasha Bedingfield
45. “Nothing lasts forever. In a world where even life is not immortal, don’t expect people to stay constant. I repeat, Nothing lasts forever!” — Vidhi Galaiya
46. “Nothing lasts forever. Sadness has an end, no matter how long it may last. The more you prepare for the end of your sadness, the more happy you will be.” — Ahmed Alibage
47. “Nothing lasts forever — except forever. That’s the good news. It’s a good thing that nothing lasts forever because things would get terribly boring.” — Frederick Lindemann
48. “Do not look back. No one knows how the world ever began. Do not fear the future; Nothing lasts forever. If you dwell on the past or future, You will miss the moment.” — Rumi
49. “Give your all to every experience, feel it breathe it appreciate it; nothing lasts forever. When it’s gone, you’ll remember the feeling it once gave you, and sometimes that’s enough.” — Nikki Rowe
50. “Everybody goes through difficult times, but it is those who push through those difficult times who will eventually become successful in life. Don’t give up, because this too shall pass.” — Jeanette Coron
Nothing Lasts Forever Quotes To Inspire You To Live Your Best Life
51. “Sooner or later, every last echo fades. Even the loudest thunder in the deepest valley.” ― Brian K. Vaughan
52. “Life has a way of testing a persons will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.” ― Paulo Coelho
53. “Nothing lasts forever, but old Fords and a natural stone.” ― Willie Nelson
54. “And since nothing lasts forever, in the end everything that once was good always hurts like hell.” ― J.A Redmerski
55. “People like us we gotta stick together. Keep your head up nothing lasts forever.” ― Kelly Clarkson
56. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different.” — C. S. Lewis
57. “Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realize that nothing really belongs to them.” ― Paulo Coelho
58. “Nothing lasts forever. But the thing is, you can reuse some. Use your mind.” — Rick Riordan
59. Man suffers because of his craving to possess and keep forever things which are essentially impermanent.” ― Alan Watts
60. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” — Muhammad Ali
Choose The Present Because Nothing Lasts Forever
A level of freedom comes with accepting that nothing lasts forever.
When we remember that our experiences have a cap, we make room for the things that bring us joy.
When we let go of certain expectations, we can make room for what’s possible.
American writer Mira Grant encapsulated this idea perfectly, noting, “Nothing lasts forever. That’s the tragedy and miracle of existence; that everything is impermanent. Everything changes. All we can do is make the best of the time we have. And go down shooting, naturally.”
Each of us is unique and special.
We are not special because our lives have more value than others.
Instead, we are special because we uniquely represent one part of the collective.
Time is valuable; we only have so much of it.
You honor yourself and the world when you make the most of your time.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these nothing lasts forever quotes and sayings?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.