Enjoy Walt Disney’s creativity and imagination through these Mickey Mouse quotes.
Mickey Mouse is one of the most loved characters of all time. He is the Mouse that built the House that is Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Walt Disney Studios.
As one of Walt’s most beloved characters, Mickey Mouse has stood the test of time. He is the hero and friend that is consistently a good guy.
Mickey Mouse has been a friend to generations of children and adults alike. Life can be hard and full of difficulties so it is great to be able to turn to a cheerful, fun, and loyal old friend like Mickey Mouse; whether we are young or old.
Don’t forget to also check out these Walt Disney quotes about dreams, life and greatness.
Mickey Mouse quotes by Walt Disney
1. “I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.” – Walt Disney
2. “Mickey Mouse is, to me, a symbol of independence. He was a means to an end.” – Walt Disney
3. “The life and ventures of Mickey Mouse have been closely bound up with my own personal and professional life..” – Walt Disney
4. “I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse.” – Walt Disney
5. “Born of necessity, the little fellow literally freed us of immediate worry. He provided the means for expanding..” – Walt Disney
6. “When people laugh at Mickey Mouse it’s because he’s so human; and that is the secret of his popularity.” – Walt Disney
7. “The life and ventures of Mickey Mouse have been closely bound up with my own personal and professional life.” – Walt Disney
8. “All we ever intended for him or expected of him was that he should continue to make people everywhere chuckle with him and at him. We didn’t burden him with any social symbolism, we made him no mouthpiece for frustrations or harsh satire. Mickey was simply a little personality assigned to the purposes of laughter.” – Walt Disney
9. “It is understandable that I should have sentimental attachment for the little personage who played so big a part in the course of Disney Productions and has been so happily accepted as an amusing friend wherever films are shown ..” – Walt Disney
10. “Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner.” – Walt Disney
Mickey Mouse quotes from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
11. “Miska mouska Mickey Mouse.” – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
12. “See you real soon.” – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
13. “We’ve got ears; say, ‘Cheers!’” – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
14. “Oh boy!” – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
15. “Hot dog!” – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
16. “Is it a fact that little old ladies come with a shiny and round nose?” – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17. “Welcome to our clubhouse!” – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
18. “Now to make the clubhouse appear, we need to say the magic words, exactly right. ‘Cause if we don’t, well, something funny might happen. The magic words are: Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse! Say it with me. Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse!” – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
19. “Speaking of dogs… look! it’s Pluto, and he’s sniffin’ somethin’.” – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
20. “Whoa! Did you hear that? Hmm, what animal makes that sound?” – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Funny quotes about Mickey Mouse
21. “What I’ve realized recently is that the difference between me and Mickey Mouse is, there’s not a man that can go and say, ‘Look, can you get me in any faster? I’m Mickey Mouse.’ Whereas I can go in and say, ‘Look, could you get me a table faster? I’m Princess Leia.’” – Carrie Fisher
22. “I literally have Mickey Mouse tattooed on me.” – Jake Paul
23. “I used to give out Mickey Mouse awards to people. I like Mickey Mouse because he represented certain values. He invested in people, was good to his friends and hard on his enemies. Once a year, I would have our management team from each division come to an offsite, and I would talk about Mickey Mouse.” – Bernard L. Schwartz
24. “I’d vote for Mickey Mouse before I voted for John McCain and Sarah Palin.” – Edgar Bronfman Sr.
25. “Las Vegas without Wayne Newton is like Disneyland without Mickey Mouse.” – Merv Griffin
26. All the children had to wear a gas mask in case of a gas attack by the Germans. They tried to make the masks like Mickey Mouse faces so the children would like them. But I didn’t. They had big ears on them.” – Gerald Scarfe
27. “That was real baseball. We weren’t playing for money. They gave us Mickey Mouse watches that ran backwards.” – Bill Lee
Wholesome Mickey Mouse quotes
28. “I do what I do because of Walt Disney. Goofy. Mickey Mouse. I never forgot how their films entertained me.” – John Lasseter
29. “Whether it’s as the hero of an adventure story, as teacher and friend, as icon on watch, shirt or hat – everyone knows Mickey Mouse.” – Warren Spector
30. “I adored Mickey Mouse when I was a child. He was the emblem of happiness and funniness.” – Maurice Sendak
31. “Kids, adults, men, women, everybody has a relationship with Mickey Mouse.” – Warren Spector
32. “My Mickey Mouse ears were given to me by a dear friend. They remind me of how I need to be silly.” – Alice Ripley
33. “When Mickey Mouse came on the screen and there was my big head, my sister said she had to hold on to me. I went berserk.” – Maurice Sendak
34. “There are only a couple characters and people in the world where, in history, where you can go anywhere in the world and say that character or person, that name, that song, and everyone knows what it is. Mickey Mouse is one, Disney, in general.” – Jordan Fisher
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of character quotes about the power of integrity.
35. “Mickey Mouse… is always there-he’s part of my life. That really is something not everyone can call their claim to fame.” – Annette Funicello
36. “Wayne was my hero. He really loved doing Mickey Mouse and was very proud that he did it 32 years.” – Russi Taylor
37. “My greatest joy is seeing parents and kids playing Disney ‘Epic Mickey’ together, handing the controllers back and forth, helping each other out.” – Warren Spector
People talking about Mickey Mouse quotes
38. “I often find myself surprised at what has been said about our redoubtable little Mickey, who was never really a mouse. not yet wholly a man – although always recognizably human.” – Walt Disney
39. “Mickey Mouse was supposed to be called Mortimer, but Walt Disney’s wife found it creepy.” – Adam Anderson
40. “I played in rhumba bands, mickey mouse bands; all kinds of bands.” – Stan Getz
41. “Mickey Mouse to a three-year-old is a six-foot-tall RAT!” – Robin Williams
42. “I did meet Mickey Mouse in California, and he seems to be writing the Labour party’s economic policy at the moment.” – George Osbone
More Mickey Mouse quotes
43. “Mickey Mouse did not stay the little squeaky guy in ‘Steamboat Willie.’ He went on to have many different versions.” – Paul Dini
44. “The original Mickey Mouse Club, established in the ’30s, was designed to attract children to movie theaters.” – Annette Funicello
45. “The image we have would be impossible for Mickey Mouse to maintain. We’re just… normal people.” – Karen Carpenter
46. “I wasn’t a trained Mickey Mouse club performer. I played in jazz clubs and restaurants.” – Norah Jones
47. “What about Mickey Mouse? Disney tried very hard to make him a star. But Mickey Mouse is more of a symbol than a real character.” – Joseph Barbera
48. “My dear friend Jimmie Dodd was the heart and the soul of The Mickey Mouse Club.” – Annette Funicello
49. “When I was poor living in a garage in Kansas I began to draw the mice that scampered over my desk. That is how Mickey Mouse was born.” – Walt Disney
50. “Walt Disney said everything he had ever accomplished was a result of Mickey Mouse. Mickey was Walt’s alter ego and he was originally modeled after Charlie Chaplin’s Little Tramp character. So without Chaplin, who knows what Mickey would have become!” – Bill Capodagli
51. “The thing I really liked about Mickey was the way he treated everyone the same.” – Mickey Mantle
52. “Michael has a connection with children, just like Mickey Mouse does, and he brings happiness to them, and joy.” – Jermaine Jackson
53. “Mickey Mouse should be in the public domain by now. What a better world it would be if other people were doing things with Mickey Mouse!” – Lloyd Kaufman
You might also like these Jessica Rabbit quotes from the one-of-a-kind toon human.
Which of these Mickey Mouse quotes is your favorite?
If you have never got to enjoy meeting Mickey Mouse in person at one of the Disney Parks, then you owe it to yourself and your family to visit a Disney park.
It would give you the opportunity to meet Mickey and his friends and to truly experience the magic of Disney.
Words cannot express how “magical” it is meeting Mickey and his friends. When you meet Mickey at one of his parks, you will be able to be in the moment and let your troubles pass away.
Whether you are young or old, meeting Mickey Mouse in person is an experience that you will never forget! But if you aren’t able to right now, you can enjoy the famous character through these quotes.
Which of these Mickey Mouse quotes and sayings is your favorite? Which other characters do you want to see featured on Everyday Power? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 10, 2020 7:00 AM EST