These organ donation quotes inspire compassion and giving in a beautiful last gesture.
You might also like these related articles:
Here, you can find a comprehensive list of organ donation quotes that are insightful and inspiring.
What is Meant by Organ Donation?
Organ donation is a selfless act where people donate their working organs upon death.
These donated organs are retrieved from the donor’s body after their death and obtained and transplanted into other individuals to help them live healthy lives.
Organ donation is a voluntary act and involves the donation of different body organs such as:
- Skin tissues
The Impact of Organ Donation
The most significant impact of organ donation is the betterment of humanity.
Organ donation helps save the lives of people suffering from typical organ failure.
It serves as a lifeline for such individuals and improves the quality of their lives.
Once an organ is replaced, it starts performing its function correctly.
Hence, it adds strength to the body and improves the overall well-being of a person.
The Organ Donation Process
Following are the major steps that are involved during an organ donation process:
- Step1: Registration
- Step2: Medical Evaluation
- Step3: Transplantation
- Step4: Post-Transplant Care
Individuals willing to donate their organs must register as donors.
For this purpose, a donor must contact a national or regional organ donation registry.
Individuals can also indicate their willingness to donate organs on their ID or driver’s license.
Step2: Medical Evaluation
Before obtaining an organ from a deceased person, medical professionals assess the health or condition of the organs.
The medical history of a donor is also taken into consideration.
After an organ is wholly evaluated and if found fit for transplant, it is removed from the donor’s body.
The next step is the transplantation of such an organ into the recipient.
Timing plays a critical role in maintaining the health and viability of the organs.
Hence, the retrieved organ is transplanted within the shortest possible time.
Step4: Post-Transplant Care
The recipient of a donated organ needs lifelong medical care.
This ensures the longevity and success of the transplanted organ.
The post-transplant care includes regular check-ups and proper medication.
Top 10 Organ Donation Quotes
Here are the top 10 quotes about the life-saving endeavor of organ donation.
1. “The only gift is a portion of thyself.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Live life after death – pledge to donate your body.” — Amit Abraham
3. “I hope more people decide to become organ donors.” — Donna Reed
4. “The measure of life is not its duration but its donation.” — Peter Marshall
5. “No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.” — Max Lucado
6. “Wherever a man turns, he can find someone who needs him.” — Albert Schweitzer
7. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” — Muhammad Ali
8. “There is one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one’s life -reciprocity.” — Confucius
9. “The use of fetuses as organ and tissue donors is a ticking time bomb of bioethics.” — Arthur Caplan
10. “Ever since I got to know how easily skin donation can save the lives of serious burns patients, I have felt strongly about the issue.” — Paresh Rawal
Motivational Organ Donation Quotes
These inspiring organ donation quotes from various authors encourage us to make a difference and inspire others.
11. “It takes lives to save lives.” — Oscar Auliq-Ice
12. “Share your life. Share your decision.” — Michael Jordan
13. “So shines a good deed… in a weary world.” — Gene Wilder
14. “Write a living will. And become an organ donor!” — Jodi Picoult
15. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” — William James
16. “Be useful when living. Be more useful when dead.” — Ekansh Gautam
17. “Open your heart – open it wide; someone is standing outside.” — Mary Engelbreit
18. “Give yourself and those in need an elixir of life by pledging your organs.” — Mohith Agadi
19. “You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.” — John Wooden
20. “Life fractures us all into little pieces. It harms us, but it’s how we glue those fractures back together that make us stronger.” — Carrie Jones
Organ Donation Quotes on Its Importance
The importance of organ donation is perfectly captured in the quotes below.
21. “Organ donation is a “testimony of love for our neighbor.” — Pope Francis
22. “Transplant is a life-changing ‘experience. Organ donation transforms lives.” — Andy Cole
23. “Organ donation is very personal to me. My mother, before her death, was on kidney dialysis for several years.” — John Perez
24. “I think you should automatically donate your organs because that would turn the balance of organ donation in a huge way.” — George Clooney
25. “I don’t write on topics that require a lot of urgency. But in ‘Stiff,’ I wanted to change people’s hearts about organ donation.” — Mary Roach
26. “Owing to our Indian beliefs, not many believe in organ donation. But I think it’s an amazing thing to pledge the donation of organs and is not something people should look down upon.” — Richa Chadha
27. “Facebook is really about communicating and telling stories… We think that people can really help spread awareness of organ donation and that they want to participate in this to their friends.” — Mark Zuckerberg
28. “The gift that has been given to me says much about our capacity for great compassion and generosity, and I hope it sends an inspiring message to others about the importance of organ donation.” — Steven Cojocaru
29. “Organ Donation is a cause I feel strongly about. It’s disturbing to see a noble cause like this still being clouded by myths and misinformation that is leading to reluctance and apprehension amongst people.” — Arjun Mathur
30. “Along with church monies and the United Way, most of the others that I give the most to are organizations for which I have some personal connection in that they have affected family members; i.e., kidney, cancer, heart, and organ donation.” — LaVell Edwards
Organ Donation Quotes About Organ Donors
These quotes express gratitude for the generosity of those who have chosen to be organ donors.
31. “I was ‘recalled to life’ by this gift from my donor’s family.” — Nancy Kyllingstad
32. “I am alive due to the generous gift of life from my heroes: organ donors.” — Jason Enyeart
33. “We are thanking God for our organ donor. What gave one family utter despair gave us great joy.” — Rach Thurston
34. “Organ donors are real heroes. I’m here today because of one. I’m forever grateful, forever humbled by that.” — Chris Klug
35. “Three other lives were saved that night by my donor, my hero, and I was given a new heart and a new start.” — Renee Houghton
36. “I never used to pay that much attention to organ donation, but I’m tremendously glad for it: it turned out that I was one of the ones in need.” — Karl Black
37. “I wasn’t sure if I would still be alive in six months—now, I’m a mommy, all because someone said yes to being an organ donor.” — Amanda Washek
38. “The decision to become a donor can save up to eight lives and enhance many more—men, women, and children who depend on the generosity and sacrifice of others.” — Barack Obama
39. “There is one thing I know about my donor: no matter what they did while they were here on Earth, they died a hero. They saved my life, and that’s a debt I can never repay.” — John Wilson
40. “He feels a duty to honor the gift he has been given, the donor, and the donor’s family. He sees life in a whole new perspective now—he will not take for granted one second of his new beginning.” — Deborah Curry
Thought-Provoking Organ Donation Quotes
These quotes would make you stop and think about the life-altering act of organ donation.
41. “There will be a time when all of the pieces will fit together.” — Nitya Prakash
42. “We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men.” — Herman Melville
43. “I think you have a lot to offer… not necessarily as a person, but as an organ donor.” — Dov Davidoff
44. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” — Dalai Lama
45. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” — Kahlil Gibran
46. “Independence? That’s middle-class blasphemy. We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on Earth.” — George Bernard Shaw
47. “You are a piece of the puzzle of someone else’s life. You may never know where you fit, but others will fill the holes in their lives with pieces of you.” — Bonnie Arbon
48. “Have you had kindness shown? Pass it on; ‘Twas not given for thee alone, Pass it on; Let it travel down the years, Let it wipe another’s tears. Pass it on.” — Henry Burton
49. “You know that family is going to be there for you no matter what—my dad gave me a freakin’ kidney! But it’s also [about] the families that you create outside of your family.” — Sarah Hyland
50. “To be an organ donor means to carry out an act of love toward someone in need, toward a brother in difficulty. It is a free act of love, of availability, that every person of goodwill can do at any time and for any brother.” — Pope Benedict XVI
Which One of these Organ Donation Quotes is your Favorite?
Organ donation is an act of compassion that values humanity and saves lives.
It serves as a ray of hope for those struggling with their lives due to organ failure.
ToWeave created the above list of organ donation quotes.
To honor the perception and motivation behind organ donationBy going through this list, you can find your favorite organ donation quote.
If you have found one, do share it with us via the comments section.
We are looking forward to your reply.