Dawson’s Creek Quotes that Will Take You Back to High School
August 12, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Relive your high school days with these Dawson’s Creek quotes.
Dawson’s Creek is a very popular and influential teen drama series that ran from 1998 to 2003.
It was a huge hit back then, and the intricate storyline of this series hooks many viewers.
The show follows the story of a close-knit group of friends and their journey to self-discovery and coming of age.
Although the series is lighthearted in general, some hard-hitting drama scenes will shock you from time to time.
Significant events happen that change the flow of the story and impact the characters.
These Dawson’s Creek quotes will bring back a lot of nostalgic feelings you never knew you had.
Don’t forget to also check out these Gravity Falls quotes to entertain the child in you.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
You will also enjoy our article on Andrew Tate Quotes.
Dawson’s Creek quotes by Joey
1. “When I saw you going for Jen’s hand…it’s not like I wanted to be the one holding your hand. I just didn’t want her holding it.” — Joey
2. “Things change, Dawson, people change.” — Joey
3. “Don’t let yourself get so angry that you stop loving because one day you will wake up from that anger and the person you love won’t be around anymore.” — Joey
4. “I have to admit I fell in love twice…first was with you and the second was with the person you became when you were already mine.” — Joey
5. “So you love me…you just don’t want me.” — Joey
6. “Do you believe in magic? I never used to. I mean, how could I? 13, your mom dies, you hope against hope for magic, something to make it all better. It never comes, and, you know, you look to your father who’s unable to overcome all of his tragic flaws. Well, no abracadabra there. And then there’s Pacey. Well… any magic that was there, that ran out, didn’t it? But, uh, then there’s you. There’s proof that someone out there someone is thinking of me…my friend who was with me always. It’s pure magic.” — Joey
7. “Not all kisses are magical and most boys don’t live up to your expectations, but there are those times when everything, I mean love, romance, relationships, it all falls together perfectly and it’s incredible.” — Joey
8. “To love someone when there is no chance of that love ever thriving…that is romance.” — Joey
9. “I can’t swear this is exactly how it happened. But this is exactly how it felt.” — Joey
10. “It’s called social evolution, Dawson. What’s strong enough flourishes and what doesn’t we look at behind glass cases in science museums.” — Joey
11. “I used to be afraid of so many things…That I’d never grow up. That I’d be trapped in the same place for all eternity. That my dreams would forever be shy of my reach.” — Joey
12. “It’s true what they say. Time plays tricks on you. One day you’re dreaming, the next your dream has become your reality. And now that this scared little girl no longer follows me wherever I go, I miss her. I do. ‘Cause there are things I wanna tell her – to relax, to lighten up, that it is all going to be ok.” — Joey
13. “Why are we so quick to forget the bad and romanticize the good? Maybe it’s because we need to believe that the time we spent together actually meant something, that we were there for each other in a time in our lives that defined us all, a time in our lives that we will never forget. I can’t swear this is exactly how it happened. But this is how it felt.” — Joey
Dawson’s Creek quotes by Dawson
14. “I guess I feel different. Like, I’ve always had this tendency to assume that change, when it happens, can only be for the worst, y’know? And lately I kind of feel like that’s not true. Like, whatever’s waiting for me out there may not be that bad, and even if it is, the not knowing about it might actually be the good part.” — Dawson
15. “Edge is fleeting, heart lasts forever.” — Dawson
16. “How can you simply be friends with someone when every time you look at them all you can think about is how much more you really want them?” — Dawson
17. “You wanted a kiss. Is that what you want? Are you prepared for everything that comes with that kiss? ‘Cause it doesn’t just end with a fade out. There are repercussions. Hearts get broken. Friendships get ruined. Your entire life could fall apart because of one kiss. That’s what you have to look forward to. Do yourself a big favor… don’t rush it.” — Dawson
18. “I wanted to write about falling in love and why it can’t last, but at the same time how it lasts forever!” — Dawson
19. “How do you explain the things you love? You can’t. You just do.” — Dawson
20. “There’s no need to rush fate.” — Dawson
21. “If we are truly meant to be then we’ll find our way back to each other.” — Dawson
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of On My Block quotes that take you back to high school.
Dawson’s Creek quotes by Audrey
22. “Because you’re beautiful, and you don’t know it. Because you’re smart, and you don’t believe it. You’re the kind of girl that guys never get over. Joey, you’re the kind of girl that other girls get compared to.” — Audrey
23. “No one’s gonna come along and tell you what’s expected so you know how to succeed.” — Audrey
24. “Relationships are messy. That’s their nature. They start messy, and they end messy, and if you ever want to have another relationship in your life, you better just stop worrying about the mess. ” — Audrey
Dawson’s Creek quotes by Pacey
25. “I’ve never really put much faith in all that ‘if you love someone, set them free’ crap, as evidenced by everything I’ve done in my life up to this very moment, but I am determined to be happy, Joey. Happy in this life. And I love you. I mean, I always—I have always, always loved you. But our timing has just never been right. And the way I figure it, time is no man’s friend. So I have to get right with that and be happy, now.” — Pacey
Which of these Dawson’s Creek quotes is your favorite?
Undeniably, this series was ahead of its time.
It receives a lot of criticism due to its intimate content and complex topics.
The show features sex education, pre-marital sex and sexual discovery, which is not well appreciated by the older conservative generation.
Despite all these, the series was a huge success and able to set a standard for a bold and progressive series in television.
Dawson’s Creek received tons of awards and nominations during its run due to its drama elements and perfect casting.
So rewatch some Dawson’s Creek episodes today and relive the golden days of TV drama, and as always, you can get back to these Dawson’s Creek quotes and sayings if you want to go back in time.